over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep work out

kody300

Newbies
Looking for some tips on how to extend the bicep muscle down towards the Distal bicep tendon...basically elongating the bicep down towards the elbow. Any tips welcome

thanks

Take the preacher bench and turn the top part around so your body is up against the angled part and your arm hangs down along the vertical part and use a dumb to curl and make sure at the bottom you completely straiten your arm out on every rep..

Get new parents.

Take the preacher bench and turn the top part around so your body is up against the angled part and your arm hangs down along the vertical part and use a dumb to curl and make sure at the bottom you completely straiten your arm out on every rep..

:yeahthat:

the abovee exercise is known as spider curls

I will try the curls and next time I see my parents I will punch them, thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

Get new parents.

Yeah no doubt. My dad is a scrawny dude I mean like 135. There was this huge guy interested in my mom when she was young. I told her thanks for making the right choice lol.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Push yourself....i thought i was doomed to have small bis....i have been doing narrow grip pulls and over extended db curles with my arms turnef out on an incline bench and completely extending then 3-4 x a wk and i cant brlieve my progress....

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Genetics is correct. Your bicep length was determined at conception or shortly thereafter! But Hammer curls or curls done with thumbs up will help some. Look at your biceps when arms are bent and then flex with palms up! Now while flexed turn your palms in toward each other as in thumbs up. What happens to the length of the biceps??? ;)

Small piece of advice IMHO. If/when you COMPLETELY extend bis, remember all the stress(weight) will be on your TENDON, and not your muscle. Muscle strength> tendon strength, so your bis can handle "safely" more lbs. than your distal tendon. Trust me on this, as I partially tore mine doing fully extended straight fixed bar preacher curls in 2006 and it finally just completely tore last month requiring surgery. If I hadn't of been fully extending with "heavy" weights, then I don't think I would've hurt it the first time back in 2006. Since 2006 I always trained bis lighter and cautiously but it tore working back.

My advice would be DO NOT fully(arm completely straight) extend with your "heavy" sets but maybe on lighter sets as your tendons can more safely handle somewhat lighter weights than your bis(muscle) This is just my opinion. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75