over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Big A and other pros collaboration?

There is so much more to life then blowing thousands of dollars on drugs JUST to be PRO SIZE. Friends, family, kids, spouses, vacations, houses etc that can be enjoyed in life... It's sad really to here some of these stories

There is so much more to life then blowing thousands of dollars on drugs JUST to be PRO SIZE. Friends, family, kids, spouses, vacations, houses etc that can be enjoyed in life... It's sad really to here some of these stories

I agree 100%.

Are there any studies or articles to back this up? I've never heard this before.

The studies on steroids died in the USA in 1985 when public opinion turned against them. Most of the studies have tested steroids for only a few weeks, research by Dr. D.M. Christ tested experienced weghtlifters for strenght increase for 3 week, 3 weeks is not long enough to test physical changes. There are so many other things wrong with most steroid studies, including incorrect dosage, no measurments of prior steroid use.
However a good study was conducted by Dr.H. Kuiper at University of Limburg in Holland on 26 male bodybuilders of average age 30, with at least 3 years strenght training, the duration of the study was 7 weeks.

14 of the subjects were given 100mg deca per week and the other group of subjects who self administered higher doses of deca 200mg per week and other group on 2000mg per week testosteron, the first group on 100mg per week gained 6lbs in 7 weeks the group on the 200mg deca and 2000mg test gained 8lbs after 7 weeks. In all groups tissue water content remained unchanged so the additional lean mass was not water weight. The most significant finding was that 12 weeks after ceasing steroid use , but continuing to train hard,most of the increase in lean body mass was still there.

So by "clog them up", you need to come off to get them un-clogged? Or cruise?

What about guys like bboy who constantly stay on hormones and simply switch around compounds instead of blasting and cruising. He keeps making gains... I'm pretty sure the sides arent hitting him really hard.

No is not clog up, is saturated, so once is saturated is no reason to increase the dose.

I think Emeric is talking about the point of dominishing returns in AAS dose, which I completely agree with.

The funny thing is this --- If someone on here heard a guy was 5 10' and 214 lbs in awesome shape, they would hardly think that person is even CLOSE TO PRO SIZE.

Yet if that same doubting person met Flex Wheeler in 1992 when he won USA's at those exact stats --- that person would absolutely say that is PRO SIZE!

You know how many messes I have seen in state shows that are 250+ and damn hard that are big dudes but look like dog shit?

Pro Size could be "stats" that on paper sounds not very impressive, but face to face your 265 lbs would look less impressive than their 210, 220 what have you......

-FF

yes this is totally true statement. I think people mis understand what pro muscle really means. Flex turned pro at 216lbs at a ht. of 5-10. Most people would think that is small for a heavyweight, unless they were 5-7 or under. I have been up to 280 plus pounds before, and it wasnt even close to pro size. I was big, and bulky. But I didnt look anything like a offseason pro bodybuilder.

Flex Wheeler 1992 NPC USA Champion - YouTube

go to the 10 min and 18 second mark, and look at Wheeler here. This was his second pro show, and I think he was right at 218lbs here. Weight doesnt really mean much if you look like this

Last edited:
yes this is totally true statement. I think people mis understand what pro muscle really means. Flex turned pro at 216lbs at a ht. of 5-10. Most people would think that is small for a heavyweight, unless they were 5-7 or under. I have been up to 280 plus pounds before, and it wasnt even close to pro size. I was big, and bulky. But I didnt look anything like a offseason pro bodybuilder.

go to the 10 min and 18 second mark, and look at Wheeler here. This was his second pro show, and I think he was right at 218lbs here. Weight doesnt really mean much if you look like this

This is why pro size is irrelevant cuz genetics mean everything...

This is why pro size is irrelevant cuz genetics mean everything...

Yessir -- I was 218 at the sxame height as Flex at a show in 2010 and just as conditioned ---hell, probably more conditioned but I damn sure did not look like he did!

Was not as round, not as structurally put together nearly as good, not as proportionate...

same stats --- different levels.

-FF

BigMike295 convinced me to switch to all whole foods and up the calories this past off-season, with a lower dose of gear. It was the worst I have felt and looked in years. I was in peak condition last september. I am still struggling to get back to that condition. All the dietary change did was made me extremely fatigued to where my training suffered. I was out of breath all the time carrying around 264Lbs. I felt like I was on the verge of a heart attack. I will never do that again. My muscles are full and vascular on protein drinks. I feel 10x healthier and still maintain 250Lbs, but I look and feel a hell of alot better. Again, as with the death of my friend, bulking up is a killer when you are on tons of gear. All that extra food has to be processed by the liver. If you have ever seen the documentary, SUPER SIZE ME, you will remember what the one month of high calorie food did to his liver values. My liver was cleaner on 5 grams of gear.

Interesting, I remember Mike was helping you but didnt know how it affected you like that. That sucks.

Interesting, I remember Mike was helping you but didnt know how it affected you like that. That sucks.

Ya I'm with ya bro, very hard to believe that... Protein drinks are way worse for the digestive tract than whole foods. Should have just shrank his portions down....

Ya I'm with ya bro, very hard to believe that... Protein drinks are way worse for the digestive tract than whole foods. Should have just shrank his portions down....

Your body adapts to most things. So if you have that thing long enough then suddenly change your gonna get bad side effects. Probably would have been best introducing solid food gradually over many months. Although different things work for different people.

Very true shit dexter dieted for years on 3 protein shakes, 3 meals and taco bell at night... Talk about genetics... I limit my protein drinks to one. I hate them. Muscles look so much denser and harder with whole foods

Very true shit dexter dieted for years on 3 protein shakes, 3 meals and taco bell at night... Talk about genetics... I limit my protein drinks to one. I hate them. Muscles look so much denser and harder with whole foods

I don't know who in their right minds has a simple protein shake and counts it as a meal. You are supposed to have food alongside your shake. Like oats or rice with the shake. That way your muscles look full

I don't know who in their right minds has a simple protein shake and counts it as a meal. You are supposed to have food alongside your shake. Like oats or rice with the shake. That way your muscles look full

x2

In the day from now on with my shakes I would have powered oats, fruit, rice, pasta etc. I like having oats and a small piece of fruit most of the time.

Only time I may have it alone is pre bed. Although I would likely have nuts, almond butter, cottage cheese etc at that time with a shake. Recently been having 6 whole eggs cooked and then a shake pre bed.

My body never adapted to shakes, took me about 13 years to figure it out. I ingest zero protein powder. I've been on HRT only the past few years and I've learned what works best for me. It's hard to get a good read on what works for you when you are on cycle.

this thread makes me wanna quit !!!!!!! but i just wanna be big, not pro size but just big and thick and hope to step on stage one day

This video is only 8 mins 26 seconds long :confused::confused:

its comical to me that its acceptable to abuse yourself to go pro or get a supp deal - why is that ok? Its all about your personal happiness. If you know the whole deal and the pro's outweigh the con's then do it. The reality is out of the ~200 pro's there's probably 5 with supp contracts worth talking about... I'd be surprised if any current pro apart from Cutler was even a millionaire from bodybuilding. If you're gonna be dead in 15 years from abusing then it doesn't matter whether you're a pro or not does it

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws