over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Big Beyond Belief

DIEZEL666

Registered
Phil, I was re-reading an old copy of this book and I thought I would get some clarification from you since it was swiped from you. When doing the three sets of a bodypart, whether it is 15's, 10's or 5's, do you change exercises or stick with the same one for that day? Also, it just says Thighs in the program. How did you break that down between quads and hams? 2 sets quads, 1 set hams, or vice versa? Would there be any benefit to doing all of the rep ranges on the same day? For example flyes for 15, db press for 10, dips for 5.
How did you do your warmups? Thanks again for all the great info, and I apologize if this bothers you.

i used "serious growth" program my sr. year in high school and put on 12lbs. in one go thru naturally. eventually the training 6 days a week burnt me out. don't think i could handle it now working full time.

Well, I already do something similiar to the program. I just figured if Phil's worked better I would find out why. I do my current program like this: Day 1 Legs; Day 2 Chest/Back; Day 3 Shoulders/Arms. Repeat. I typically take sundays off. I pick one exercise for the bodypart I'm working that day and work to a max set of 5 or 6.

Sorry, I just saw this

I did 3 sets per bodypart and each bodypart 3 times per week. The middle workout I was always weaker, but continually got stronger each week.

Phil, did you add a set each week like costa recommends, using "hyper adaption and hyper acceleration" then back off for a period? Also, did you split your rep ranges between days (all 15's on Mon and Tues, 10's on Wed and Thurs, 5's on Fri and Sat)? Thanks for your time.

Re: Sorry, I just saw this

Originally posted by PHIL HERNON I did 3 sets per bodypart and each bodypart 3 times per week. The middle workout I was always weaker, but continually got stronger each week.
Hey Phil - this sounds a whole lot like the HST (hypertrophic specific training) program that I just started a while back. I'll post their web site if you haven't seen it. This program has been kicking my butt like no other has!

xcel

Phil, how did you split your rep ranges? All 15's on one day, 10's another, etc, or a mix between the days? Did you ever back off for a time, whether reduced volume or a week off? Thanks for the help.

so if you were training each muscle 3x week did you use the chest-back-bis-calves then next day delts-tri's-thighs

Edge, what program did you use when you made your gains? Was it Serious Growth or Big Beyond Belief?

can't remember it was the one advertised with phil's pic and pushed by leo costa, basically used the split i stated above and time between sets and reps were changed each week.

i used the big beyond belief vol 3 back as a jr in high school and made some great gains natuaraly. now that i look at that book it seems i would be over training if i attempeted those routines now.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear