over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Big Beyond Belief

I'm going to use the BBB 4 day version soon. Do you guys alternate between quads and hams where it says "thighs", or do both at every session? Here's how I thought to set up the first 3 week ramp:

Day 1: Barbell Row(3), Incline DB Press(3), BB Curl(3), Standing Calf(3) Rest 120 sec, 13-15 reps
Day 2: Side laterals(3), Close Grip Bench(3), Squat(3), Decline Situp(3) Rest 120 sec, 13-15 reps
Day 3: Pullups(3), Dips(3), Stiff Leg Deadlift(3), Lean-Away Laterals(1), Seated Calf(2), Incline DB Curl(1), Triceps Extension(1) Rest 120 sec, 10-12 reps
Day 4: Front Squat(3), Incline DB Press(3), Seated Cable Row(3), Wide Grip Upright Row(1), Standing Calf(2), JM Press(1), Preacher Curl(1) Rest 120 sec, 8-10 reps

I will add in leg presses and leg curls in the coming ramps where you're working legs more often. Will also include floor deadlifts in the supergrowth phases, putting in as a "thighs" exercise.

Your traps will be getting hit on side laterals, upright rows, and stiff-legged deadlifts.

I'm going to use the BBB 4 day version soon. Do you guys alternate between quads and hams where it says "thighs", or do both at every session? Here's how I thought to set up the first 3 week ramp:

Day 1: Barbell Row(3), Incline DB Press(3), BB Curl(3), Standing Calf(3) Rest 120 sec, 13-15 reps
Day 2: Side laterals(3), Close Grip Bench(3), Squat(3), Decline Situp(3) Rest 120 sec, 13-15 reps
Day 3: Pullups(3), Dips(3), Stiff Leg Deadlift(3), Lean-Away Laterals(1), Seated Calf(2), Incline DB Curl(1), Triceps Extension(1) Rest 120 sec, 10-12 reps
Day 4: Front Squat(3), Incline DB Press(3), Seated Cable Row(3), Wide Grip Upright Row(1), Standing Calf(2), JM Press(1), Preacher Curl(1) Rest 120 sec, 8-10 reps

I will add in leg presses and leg curls in the coming ramps where you're working legs more often. Will also include floor deadlifts in the supergrowth phases, putting in as a "thighs" exercise.

Why no overhead press?

I wouldn't add deadlifts in the supergrowth phase if you weren't doing them during the ramp. You need to condition yourself to the exercise during the ramp to get the benefit during the supergrowth phase.

Last edited:
Why no overhead press?

I wouldn't add deadlifts in the supergrowth phase if you weren't doing them during the ramp. You need to condition yourself to the exercise during the ramp to get the benefit during the supergrowth phase.

That's complete nonsense.

The phase you're training in is irrelevant. It's the overall effect of the stress on the nervous system that triggers growth in the supergrowth phase.

The only possible exception would be if you've never done deads before ever in your life. Then, yes, you would benefit from learning the exercise. This applies to all exercises regardless of what phase you're training in though.

That's complete nonsense.

The phase you're training in is irrelevant. It's the overall effect of the stress on the nervous system that triggers growth in the supergrowth phase.

The only possible exception would be if you've never done deads before ever in your life. Then, yes, you would benefit from learning the exercise. This applies to all exercises regardless of what phase you're training in though.

Actually it's not... But go ahead and waste your time during supergrowth doing an exercise you haven't preformed in 3 or more weeks. It won't bother me one little bit.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Actually it's not... But go ahead and waste your time during supergrowth doing an exercise you haven't preformed in 3 or more weeks. It won't bother me one little bit.

ha ha ha ha, yeah I'll keep "wasting my time." I guess I've been doing it all wrong for all of these 21 years. What do I know about any of this OTS stuff anyways?

Kid's these days!

Don't be so sensitive. You come across like a teenage girl

ha ha ha ha, yeah I'll keep "wasting my time." I guess I've been doing it all wrong for all of these 21 years. What do I know about any of this OTS stuff anyways?

Kid's these days!

Kid? I'm 44 and have had the OTS books since the first Serious Growth book that I purchased in 1991. So it's nothing me to me.

It makes absolutely no sense to work an exercise during supergrowth that you haven't been working during the ramps. But whatever...you're the resident expert...

I understand your perspective but it's simply not how it works. The particular exercise used is of little significance to gaining from the SG phases. Would it be best to go into SG using deads after ramping with them? possibly, but it's not the be-all end-all to triggering the hypergrowth for a particular bodypart.

If pure strength gains in the deadlift is your goal then I could see the logic, but the SG phase is not designed for this purpose. Are you getting where I'm coming from?

Kid? I'm 44 and have had the OTS books since the first Serious Growth book that I purchased in 1991. So it's nothing me to me.

It makes absolutely no sense to work an exercise during supergrowth that you haven't been working during the ramps. But whatever...you're the resident expert...

Take a midol and chill out. KingPeon has a right to his opinion, an opinion that I agree with. I too have had BBB and Bulgarian since they came out. My training partner spoke with Leo Costa personally at bodybuilding show in Orange Couny circa 1991, and was sold on the program.

You do not have to run the same exercises through the ramps and Supergrowth phase. The point of Supergrowth is to allow the body to bounce back by lowering rep ranges and increasing rest time. You are pushing overtraining limits in the (3) ramps and then backing off to allow the body to catch up. It has nothing to do with conditioning to a movement. It's all based on the cns and recovery.

As I have a right to my opinion.

I understand exactly what you are saying, but you are not taking into account the fact that when you don't do an exercise for several weeks your CNS become less efficient at firing the muscle fibers to perform that movement. And it doesn't matter if you've done the movement for years. Three weeks off from performing it will reduce your efficiency. Because of this for about the first three workouts when you preform that movement you will be using less load than you could be, and you want to be using as much load as possible going into supergrowth. You don't want to have to re-acclimate to an exercise during that time.

Even if you just did the exercise once per week with a medium load it would be much better than not doing it at all over those three weeks.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Well...

I will be doing stiff leg deadlifts during the ramps, then pulling from the floor in the SG phase. Pulling from the floor produces more overall fatigue than any other exercise, so I wanted to avoid doing it for 4-5 sets to failure.

I want to bring up my upper chest, so I'll be doing a lot if incline work. That's the reason I rely on laterals for delts and give my front delts a little rest.

I will be doing stiff leg deadlifts during the ramps, then pulling from the floor in the SG phase. Pulling from the floor produces more overall fatigue than any other exercise, so I wanted to avoid doing it for 4-5 sets to failure.

I want to bring up my upper chest, so I'll be doing a lot if incline work. That's the reason I rely on laterals for delts and give my front delts a little rest.

They don't generally recommend working to failure. Here is what they say regarding working to failure:

Take Your Sets To The End

Before advancing to any of the extension techniques which we will explain next, a bodybuilder has to learn how to get the maximum number of repetitions out of the original set. Many bodybuilders do not go all-out on their last repetitions. They do not take a set to complete momentary exhaustion.

This does not mean going to failure where you bail out on the rep. It just means taking your sets to the end or the last full-repetition possible. Too many people resort to a set-extension technique (i.e. forced reps, negative reps, etc.) without getting that last rep possible. All they are doing is cheating themselves.

We cannot emphasize this point enough. Again, to perform a set properly it has to be taken to the VERY LAST REPETITION POSSIBLE.

So unless the "very last repetition possible" is what you mean by failure, I would recommend changing your strategy. I think working to failure is why a lot of people don't do well with this program and say that it is too much volume...I know it was one of my mistakes when I first tired it.

Can anybody share the big beyond belief? I had it saved on my computer but now the file won't open. I can't find the pdf online.

Can anybody share the big beyond belief? I had it saved on my computer but now the file won't open. I can't find the pdf online.

Pm your email

I still love this routine and I'm currently running 3 full bodies a week.

I am going back to the 4 day shortly as I still think its the best.

For those that have not run it before I would say my personal opinion is to limit the SG phase. I actually run SG phase for a week or two then I do a couple of weeks deload. My joints can't handle non stop pounding.

Be selective with your movements as well. Close grip Swiss bench and dips are great to hit chest and tri two birds one stone moves

I still love this routine and I'm currently running 3 full bodies a week.

I am going back to the 4 day shortly as I still think its the best.

For those that have not run it before I would say my personal opinion is to limit the SG phase. I actually run SG phase for a week or two then I do a couple of weeks deload. My joints can't handle non stop pounding.

Be selective with your movements as well. Close grip Swiss bench and dips are great to hit chest and tri two birds one stone moves

Please explain Close grip Swiss bench. I need to limit tendon stress also and would like maybe to try them and see how they feel. Thanks bro!!!

Either close ish grip benching using a Swiss bar where the bars are parallel or do the same with dumbells

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear