over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Big guys are usually calm people

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Was listening to Justin Harris talk about a common personality denominator in pro bodybuilders; a lot of them are calm relaxed people in day to day life. I've heard Dr Scott Stevenson (@homonunculus) talk about the same thing in the past; lots of guys like Ronnie, Jay, Kai are mellow and relaxed personalities in everyday life.

Whether it's a causation with correlation of being someone who can just eat their food, train hard, and not fret about the small details, or less anxiety= less cortisol + better sleep and better recovery. It's something interesting to note.

One of the best posts on this board is by Bboy talking about guys over complicating stuff that will have no impact in the long run; diet, PED use, exercise selection, literally applies to everything.

But I'm sure there's quite a few Type A, anxious, neurotic folks on here that are big as well :)

@b-boy 's post for those who haven't read it:

Of course, because they’re not intimidated and don’t need to prove themselves. Just like a big dog and a little yelping rat dog. There are of course outliers but that’s usually the norm.

Of course, because they’re not intimidated and don’t need to prove themselves. Just like a big dog and a little yelping rat dog. There are of course outliers but that’s usually the norm.

Not in a confrontational sense bro; I meant internally, like their personalities are condusive to muscle growth, because of less stress, better sleep, better consistency. Basically the guy who lets stuff roll off his back succeeds at the game better than a micro managing fusebox.

Another way too look at it would be this: Are they more laid back than the average human, or are they just more calm than one would expect them to be based on their appearance?
If a “normal” person sees a 250lb shredded guy with veins bulging out of his forehead while he’s screaming at the giant stack of plates he’s pulling off the floor, he or she may feel a bit intimidated. Upon speaking with the person, they could be pleasantly surprised that he’s not a complete psychopath.

Nuture vs nature in more calm, not a care in the world vs anxious, worrying about stuff that more than likely will never happen, emotional unstable one second sky high then snap of a finger the world sucks

I can relate to both as I feel genetically I'm close to a fifty fifty mix. I have Monet's of clam , blissful, carefree, nothing seems to bother me and at other times I have worried about the future or thought about the past, with anxiety

More than anything if you're around anxious, fast paced people that complain and anxious it 💯 wears off on you, so if these kinds of people bother you get away from them and if you have to be around them , like at work, then do your job and dont get too close to them bc esp with your superiors at work

I was raised around quite a few people in my family who were and are anxiety prone, unstable moods, complaining sometimes, sometimes no, but that fast paced thinking is too much for me. I prefer being more laid back, meditation helps me with this, cannabis seems to most of all staying away from those anxious negative people when they're in a bad mood is the worst

I do 💯 percent believe you can improve your calm state of mind through nuture, just like making a muscle bigger you may not have a bicep peak like Arnold, or Robby, and if you do be grateful (in regards to being naturally chill ) but you can create a tranquil calm personality with work

My dad is about an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 for anxiety, unstable mood, his mom and dad were both like this

my mom is the most calmest, chillest person , like on a scale of 1 to 10 a 2, her dad and mom is like this, I'm so glad she's like this

id say being around anxious people and stress , im a 7 In extreme cases an where I'm about to die maybe an 8

Currently I'd say I'm a 5

Not in a confrontational sense bro; I meant internally, like their personalities are condusive to muscle growth, because of less stress, better sleep, better consistency. Basically the guy who lets stuff roll off his back succeeds at the game better than a micro managing fusebox.

Gotchya....makes sense to me. From a psychological aspect and a scientific aspect but I’ll let much more knowledgeable minds than me delve into that part....

Was listening to Justin Harris talk about a common personality denominator in pro bodybuilders; a lot of them are calm relaxed people in day to day life. I've heard Dr Scott Stevenson (@homonunculus) talk about the same thing in the past; lots of guys like Ronnie, Jay, Kai are mellow and relaxed personalities in everyday life.

Whether it's a causation with correlation of being someone who can just eat their food, train hard, and not fret about the small details, or less anxiety= less cortisol + better sleep and better recovery. It's something interesting to note.

One of the best posts on this board is by Bboy talking about guys over complicating stuff that will have no impact in the long run; diet, PED use, exercise selection, literally applies to everything.

But I'm sure there's quite a few Type A, anxious, neurotic folks on here that are big as well :)

The big guys don't usually fret about the small details that is true. I think most realize over time stressing and micro managing over the small details will do more harm than what those small details could add to your physique. There is a balance though and many are very detailed and so they should be but it's crazy the amount of guys who aren't even in good shape that stress over such minor things. Guys will micro manage food timing and how many grams of this and that in their intra shake and then they won't eat consistently and miss meals constantly. Even guys who are in shape they fall apart over nothing and can't bare to step out of their normal routine. Although most of the guys who get stressed over not being able to inject for 1 week when they are on vacation aren't what the thread is about.

It's a complex subject though. One main factor is the way large people are generally treated in normal life. The respect they get from other (most) men. That coupled with confidence in their abilities will result in a more calm and together person. Although there are so many factors and the drugs many take can be a massive one. Some of these big guys are taking large amounts of steroids that significantly effect behaviour. The amount of bodybuilders who take in loads of weed, cbd and anxiety meds etc is also huge and all of them could contribute to the calm persona you see from them. Let's not forget most of these guys are on a good dose of HGH as well and I am extra sensitive so can't even use it at a low dose and if I used even 5iu I would be so calm and laid back I would get nothing done. Obviously there are many exceptions and not all of them are popping pills all day and that comes down to just overall confidence and having their life so structured that they are optimally recovered and have a clear purpose in life.

Like with any group of people the spectrum is varied but I do think the way they are generally treated in life over time makes them this way. Then comes the training big guys do and anyone who is pushing it to the max in the gym is going to get a big release of stress and be much calmer after their sessions so that's another factor as well.

Are we sure the correlation isn't the other way around? You're so laid back cuz you're already so exhausted from being so large that you could not give a fuck about anything else?

I've been up to 250lbs before (no I wasnt some lean monster like these guys). But for me carrying that weight was beyond exhausting. Tying my shoes was a chore and climbing the stairs at college was like climbing a mountain.

At that weight I could not give a flying fuck about anything other than when I could get my ass to bed to sleep lol.

The big guys don't usually fret about the small details that is true. I think most realize over time stressing and micro managing over the small details will do more harm than what those small details could add to your physique. There is a balance though and many are very detailed and so they should be but it's crazy the amount of guys who aren't even in good shape that stress over such minor things. Guys will micro manage food timing and how many grams of this and that in their intra shake and then they won't eat consistently and miss meals constantly. Even guys who are in shape they fall apart over nothing and can't bare to step out of their normal routine. Although most of the guys who get stressed over not being able to inject for 1 week when they are on vacation aren't what the thread is about.

It's a complex subject though. One main factor is the way large people are generally treated in normal life. The respect they get from other (most) men. That coupled with confidence in their abilities will result in a more calm and together person. Although there are so many factors and the drugs many take can be a massive one. Some of these big guys are taking large amounts of steroids that significantly effect behaviour. The amount of bodybuilders who take in loads of weed, cbd and anxiety meds etc is also huge and all of them could contribute to the calm persona you see from them. Let's not forget most of these guys are on a good dose of HGH as well and I am extra sensitive so can't even use it at a low dose and if I used even 5iu I would be so calm and laid back I would get nothing done. Obviously there are many exceptions and not all of them are popping pills all day and that comes down to just overall confidence and having their life so structured that they are optimally recovered and have a clear purpose in life.

Like with any group of people the spectrum is varied but I do think the way they are generally treated in life over time makes them this way. Then comes the training big guys do and anyone who is pushing it to the max in the gym is going to get a big release of stress and be much calmer after their sessions so that's another factor as well.

Fair point good sir :)

Didn't even think about that

Are we sure the correlation isn't the other way around? You're so laid back cuz you're already so exhausted from being so large that you could not give a fuck about anything else?

I've been up to 250lbs before (no I wasnt some lean monster like these guys). But for me carrying that weight was beyond exhausting. Tying my shoes was a chore and climbing the stairs at college was like climbing a mountain.

At that weight I could not give a flying fuck about anything other than when I could get my ass to bed to sleep lol.

This is a really good point too.

While some guys can carry the size and be ok. A lot are tired just from the sheer mass.

IMHO when you are an Alpha why would you not be calm and chill. I am and have been. Though older now its a sense of confidence and kindness combined with appearance. Im not a huge guy at all. But at 5'10" and 220-225 lbs at 6-7 BF an athletic build with veins bustin that people stare just helps. I mean Ive been told I was intimidating but when people talk to me they are shocked!!! I mean why be a jerk when Im a father, active in my community, a public service worker and try to be a good man. What Im saying is Im a man of character, not perfect by any means, but a nice guy. I just look like this. LOL Im sure many of you are in same boat. Lets kick the "meathead" persona. Stamp all that and other sterotypes out!!!!

Speaking for myself only here...

I'm not a "big" guy, but I am for the most part ridiculously calm. One of my best friends joked that if I were more chill I'd be dead.
No androgen level shortens my tempter to any degree. I'm not competitive minded, unless it's brought to me.

I can get irritated, but usually I let things go quickly.
I pay attention to the details, but don't sweat them.

Perhaps I'm more of a big picture guy, and I see this in my approach to work.
I see things in terms of long range objectives and themes, not specific deliverables.

Speaking for myself only here...

I'm not a "big" guy, but I am for the most part ridiculously calm. One of my best friends joked that if I were more chill I'd be dead.
No androgen level shortens my tempter to any degree. I'm not competitive minded, unless it's brought to me.

I can get irritated, but usually I let things go quickly.
I pay attention to the details, but don't sweat them.

Perhaps I'm more of a big picture guy, and I see this in my approach to work.
I see things in terms of long range objectives and themes, not specific deliverables.

LOL you were competitive with Paul Demayo back in the day! What do you mean you're not a big guy? :ROFLMAO:

This is a prime example of what I'm talking about lol, not much bothers you, and while you won't admit it, but let's be honest, your physique is right up there on here, and very very elite for your age bracket

i admit i am 'big'.. in all ways.. height, size, weight, etc.
i am calm in a way, but do not hold my tongue when the situation calls.
i don't throw my size around.. but i think i have a serious demeanor that says
i am not about to play games.
that said, i have WAY too much to lose to get in a physical confrontation.
that would have to be the LAST resort. usually only if i am assaulted first
or i am protecting my loved ones.
my quality of life usually has me avoiding BS at all costs anyway.
so yeah, i'm usually calm, but inside i'm probably saying, 'fuck these people..i wish someone would try me today.. '

Big requires much more energy to be active. As has been mentioned earlier about dogs. The Great Danes the I have known all lean on you to get petted or they sit down for the most part and save energy. It is just the way of the world.

LOL you were competitive with Paul Demayo back in the day! What do you mean you're not a big guy? :ROFLMAO:

This is a prime example of what I'm talking about lol, not much bothers you, and while you won't admit it, but let's be honest, your physique is right up there on here, and very very elite for your age bracket

First of all I appreciate the kind words as always, but I never competed directly with Paul, but his brother Donnie, who went on to be a lawyer.

Being on high dosages of PEDs for the most part makes you more mellow in and of itself as well. (bar some exceptions such as Tren, T3, Clen, ECA, ...) In fact lethargic is probably the more correct term here. You're just too damn tired to care much lol

Almost anyone on here who's been in the grams range will tell you this.

Add to that that being big in and of itself is once again, tiring lol

First of all I appreciate the kind words as always, but I never competed directly with Paul, but his brother Donnie, who went on to be a lawyer.

Oh ok, my bad for mixing them up. I'm sure both sat on the freak level of the genetic spectrum

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws