over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Big interview today ya’ll (off topic)

Dude! Thanks for the check in!

So I got the role.

However, ~3 months later the company began motions to merge with our sister company, and it was a move I thought was wildly incorrect and disastrous. Still, it’s an amazing company so I wasn’t too upset.

However, as such things go in Tech, I got headhunted. Long story short, I recently took a new gig running a new business unit at a startup. Mild pay cut to the W2, but a boatload of equity at a company that is growing 300% YoY, so total comp doubled lol.

Everything worked out perfect in the end

Thank you for sharing. Honestly, I really enjoy hearing about this kind of stuff from members! Glad all is going well.

Dude! Thanks for the check in!

So I got the role.

However, ~3 months later the company began motions to merge with our sister company, and it was a move I thought was wildly incorrect and disastrous. Still, it’s an amazing company so I wasn’t too upset.

However, as such things go in Tech, I got headhunted. Long story short, I recently took a new gig running a new business unit at a startup. Mild pay cut to the W2, but a boatload of equity at a company that is growing 300% YoY, so total comp doubled lol.

Everything worked out perfect in the end
That's great to hear, and still get time to train? Yeah tech can be a wild place and I'm a systems engineer at a great company...been through enough of similar things too.

That's great to hear, and still get time to train? Yeah tech can be a wild place and I'm a systems engineer at a great company...been through enough of similar things too.
I’m gonna sneak in your DMs and recruit your ass, we need another 20 engineers this year lol.

But yeah, still time to train. I sleep early (9 or so) and am up by 4/5 most days so I can get a couple hours in before the world wakes up. If I don’t, I’ll go insane.

I’m gonna sneak in your DMs and recruit your ass, we need another 20 engineers this year lol.

But yeah, still time to train. I sleep early (9 or so) and am up by 4/5 most days so I can get a couple hours in before the world wakes up. If I don’t, I’ll go insane.
Quality system engineers, at least in the Linux space, command 250k min.
Over 300k total annual compensation

Quality system engineers, at least in the Linux space, command 250k min.
Over 300k total annual compensation
Oh I’m well aware. Hence why we bill clients $300/hour lol.

But yeah, it’s a wildly lucrative business if you’ve got the chops for it.

Oh I’m well aware. Hence why we bill clients $300/hour lol.

But yeah, it’s a wildly lucrative business if you’ve got the chops for it.
Yes. Been doing the Linux thing for almost three decades. It's fun and a passion. Especially when you get into massive, global, deployments.

That's why I laugh when guys talk about secure email this. Secure email that.
I've plenty of packet captures between mail providers. Packet transfer and data payload all done in the clear/unencrypted

I amazes me how much tech pay has jumped in the last several years in the US.
When I moved to Japan my pay got bumped up a relative 30%, now it's down 50% compared to the US. At least my cost of living is lower :unsure:

Yes. Been doing the Linux thing for almost three decades. It's fun and a passion. Especially when you get into massive, global, deployments.

That's why I laugh when guys talk about secure email this. Secure email that.
I've plenty of packet captures between mail providers. Packet transfer and data payload all done in the clear/unencrypted
Yeah that’s true for sure. Anything in transit is painfully vulnerable, and most providers have laughably bad security postures and processes.

I’ve had to sit through multiple calls listening in as business owners/executives realized that they were, in fact, absolutely fucked from ransomeware and that their offsite backups were not, in fact, impervious to malicious payloads.

“Yeah I mean we can restore from backup at any point up to a year ago, but the payload was copied from your production to backup and everything in there is corrupted too.”

These days I just play in the digital native/cloud native space working with clients on GCP/AWS, and Azure if you put a gun to my head (or large enough check in front of me). No babysitting, just optimization and project work.

When I moved to Japan my pay got bumped up a relative 30%, now it's down 50% compared to the US. At least my cost of living is lower :unsure:
Land grab for human capital, man. Hell, companies were hiring and then stashing engineers like draft picks, not even giving them real work - just taking them off the market

It's wild man I work in med device and it's terribly hard for us to find software folks, especially those with expertise around SaaS. People like that are making $250K-$500k+ and since it's not our primary thing we don't budget enough to steal those kinds of individuals making that kind of money. In the medical world there is a big push to raise revenue using SaaS but you really have to have some experience to excel and man...it's hard to find people with the pay.

It's wild man I work in med device and it's terribly hard for us to find software folks, especially those with expertise around SaaS. People like that are making $250K-$500k+ and since it's not our primary thing we don't budget enough to steal those kinds of individuals making that kind of money. In the medical world there is a big push to raise revenue using SaaS but you really have to have some experience to excel and man...it's hard to find people with the pay.
That’s why companies like yours hire my firm to get fractional resources, then leverage us to integrate into the AWS/Google marketplace so your clients can buy through their cloud vendor and consolidate their bill 😂😂.

That’s why companies like yours hire my firm to get fractional resources, then leverage us to integrate into the AWS/Google marketplace so your clients can buy through their cloud vendor and consolidate their bill 😂😂.
Having medical devices communicate with a server in the AWS/Google/Azure cloud does sound scary IMO.

Robotic surgery and actual robots clean the O.R. . 🤣🤙. Time for the rice sized rfid chip implanted in the temporal area of the skull… or the hand 😁.

Max

Having medical devices communicate with a server in the AWS/Google/Azure cloud does sound scary IMO.
You’d be shocked how many do

Edit: not shocked. I’m sure you’re aware. Just baffled at how many do it, and poorly.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws