over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Big Lifts for the over 40 crowd

Johnny Bravo

Registered
How many of you young bucks can lift 405 on bench, clean form, without bouncing the weight off your chest? I have seen a 70 yr old man in CT lift 675 2x on flat. MikeS I have seen lift 405 5x on flat, and 3-4x on incline. The point is, respect the people who have been lifting a while. I see alot of your punkass 20 yr olds think there are the sh*t, and could not lift 2 marshmellows with a tooth between them. How many of you older guys 35+ see these jackasses in there gym.

Hahahahahah

No shit!!!! And all these guys are gonna get their "pro card". Shoot, loook at where it got me. I am here all day posting on this site!!!! hahahahhahah

I do have respect for alot of more older friends. hell a guy I sometimes train with is in his early 50s and can bench in the 430 range for good clean reps. But bro I read this as very condescending, just because some one is old and strong doesnt mean crap. Its how they got there, some are just geneticaly strong individuels. Its the ones who came from the average genetics and train like they mean it I have respect for.

Last edited:
Funny - I don't think form really has anything to do with age :confused: There are a lot of young bucks more concerned with getting it up than form - but I've seen this with seasoned lifters, just not near as much.

Myself, I've developed bad shoulders over the years and don't have to impress anyone by doing singles - "how much can you lift syndrom." I shoot for 5 reps as the least and if I do less it's because the weight was too much.

My spotter is a big-ass Hawaiian who is a MOTHER regarding "strict" form. These days on bench press, he's hollering at me to go faster - he says I'm going too slow HAHAHAHA! Remember, I'm just a little guy and the most I do is 5 reps on bench press at 345.

xcel

Thanks John for the props! Now I will give credit, in that John has nagged me to improve my form in the past and I listened (finally).
And Im one hard headed mofo, I dont usually listen much-but when a guy is as strong and muscular as John I make exception.
I do care about strength as I am not a pure BBer, power matters to me as much. But not so I get fat to have more power...
Yup there are some punk kids in our gym that sneer at me and others, they are 18-21YO. Man I have been lifting longer than that and to me that IS disrespect. On top of that they are not strong 300max lift. Which is fine, except if you are an asshole about it.
My opinion you should lift the positive as fast as possible-otherwise you are PURPOSELY not contracting the muscle as powerfully as possible. And in that case-no overload, without max effort/contraction. And of course when the weight gets heavy this explosive type lift does not really move that fast!

well, i think brute, physical strength is the last thing that leaves the male body as it gets older. Fast twitch reflex and overall agility as we all know are the first to go.

those are good lifts fellas!

Good work!:cool:

stackdizzy said:
I am 25 and recently did a 475

Great. But that has no pertainance to this thread.
Post again when you are 40 and let us know how you are doing.

my pop squatted 635 @ 196lbs at age 54, placed 2nd at masters nationals last year in the 55 to 60's at age 58, will win the 60's division next year no problem. i have much respect for you old fuckers, now go take your geritol and prune juice and take a nap your getting cranky.:D

edge250 said:
my pop squatted 635 @ 196lbs at age 54, placed 2nd at masters nationals last year in the 55 to 60's at age 58, will win the 60's division next year no problem. i have much respect for you old fuckers, now go take your geritol and prune juice and take a nap your getting cranky.:D

He squatted 635 and got 2nd?!?!? Damn how do you beat that at 54 and 200lbs? It must be so cool to have a Dad that is kicking some ass training! Mine plays golf...
I'll take juice all right but it wont be PRUNE!!! :D

the squatting was at a powerlifting meet, the 2nd place was bodybuilding as in the npc masters nationals in pittsburgh

I guess i"ll come back and post In 12 years Hopefully i will be doing as good as Mike By then I have also seen him Workout,and had a chance to workout with him. He Blew me away in the Gym.;)

Shit B2K-if you got back steady youd be back to a 500+ bench.
And I cant beat that! But thanks for the compliment! Join us this weekend!
Sat-chest
Sun-back

Hate to pimp myself, but I did a clean 500 flat today. Unbelievable how happy doing something, like a strong lift, can make you!
My strongest day ever (bench), Id have to say! And that is cool at 44YO-with 25yrs lifting behind me. Its never too late for us old guys!

Wish Johnny B was there to see! :D

Last edited:
NICE JOB, MIKE!

I AM GLAD YOU ARE REACHING YOUR GOALS!:)

MikeS - That's awesome buddy. Guess this thread gotz ya all pumped up huh? Hopefully in the near future I'll get up your way and grab a workout with you guys. Of course, I'm not quite as strong as you and I'm doing contest prep, but I'll hang in there:D I guess that bad ass strength comes with age....like a fine wine huh buddy;) Take care.......I'll buzz you tomarrow, I've been silly busy:confused:

patk

Thanks Jethro and PatK, 2 good buddies! Hell Im not usually this strong, but Im happy as shit when I am! You just cant wait to get to the gym again, you know? And of course it wasnt competition style either, and Smith Machine. Still it made my day...

Jethro-Im going to email soon, operamail down.
Pat-talk to ya soon, no rush!

Last edited:
MIKE, IF YOU AREN'T GETTING SICK OF IT...

I HAVE ANOTHER PIC I'LL SEND YOU. I THINK YOU'LL NOTICE THAT I AM NOT SUCH A LARD ASS IN THIS ONE. I'LL BE LOOKING FOR YOUR EMAIL!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131