over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BIG MEN...

You have great genetics or size, my friend. By comparison, how is your strength?

Thanks man, I consider myself stronger than most bodybuilders especially at my age as I don't have the strength you get from muscle maturity. For example, when I hit chest I do drop sets going down a plate each time starting with 4 plates 12 reps, 3 plates 8 reps, 2 plates 10 reps, 1 for 10 and negatives. I do 3 sets of that entire drop set at the beginning of my chest routine. I squat 6 plates for 10 reps but lately I haven't been squatting as heavy because I'm doing static holds at certain degrees (90 degrees to 45 to 20) so I only train wh 4 plates while getting used to this new method im experimenting with. Which is actually making my glutes more sore than going heavy. I don't like to lift heavy on other exercises anymore as my training has evolved with the maturity of my controlled contractions but I feel I will in the future switch back and forth from the two as means to continuously shock the muscle. Like I was stating in the leg press thread about guys stacking the whole sled with plates that if they have to do that to get there legs wore out they aren't pressing right, I've learned a lot about the ways of lifting in the exact true mind in muscle connection actually becoming the muscle and learning how to fully contract in the best ways possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I consider myself stronger than most bodybuilders especially at my age as I don't have the strength you get from muscle maturity. For example, when I hit chest I do drop sets going down a plate each time starting with 4 plates 12 reps, 3 plates 8 reps, 2 plates 10 reps, 1 for 10 and negatives. I do 3 sets of that entire drop set at the beginning of my chest routine. I squat 6 plates for 10 reps but lately I haven't been squatting as heavy because I'm doing static holds at certain degrees (90 degrees to 45 to 20) so I only train wh 4 plates while getting used to this new method im experimenting with. Which is actually making my glutes more sore than going heavy. I don't like to lift heavy on other exercises anymore as my training has evolved with the maturity of my controlled contractions but I feel I will in the future switch back and forth from the two as means to continuously shock the muscle. Like I was stating in the leg press thread about guys stacking the whole sled with plates that if they have to do that to get there legs wore out they aren't pressing right, I've learned a lot about the ways of lifting in the exact true mind in muscle connection actually becoming the muscle and learning how to fully contract in the best ways possible.

great post you are wise beyond your years in every area. On training - I wish I had been this wise when younger I trained so earth shattering heavy all the time I am suffering dearly for it now with joint - low back, knee, neck and shoulder problems.
Look forward to see you as you progress in the future as you have your head in the right place.
I was one of those guys that did 12-1500 lb leg presses deep - sometimes after heavy leg extensions and then immediately heavy leg press then immediately to heavy smith squats, could have gotten by with less.

I am training a younger guy right now and he can easily do 405 for 6 in the bench for example and we rarely exceed 315 - 335.

Numerous studies show virtually no difference in protein synthesis in loads of 85 percent 1 rm or hitting failure at 20 reps.. So it's the intensity or effort that matters more than a particular rep range or load... So I would rather hit failure at 12 or 16 reps and protect my joints.. Now if nly I did that 30 years ago.. Lol

I always hear how lucky I am, walking around in contest shape year round but its also a curse never getting big enough to be a true Mass Monster.
But it is nice never getting Fat, dieting or doin cardio.lol

great post you are wise beyond your years in every area. On training - I wish I had been this wise when younger I trained so earth shattering heavy all the time I am suffering dearly for it now with joint - low back, knee, neck and shoulder problems.

Look forward to see you as you progress in the future as you have your head in the right place.

I was one of those guys that did 12-1500 lb leg presses deep - sometimes after heavy leg extensions and then immediately heavy leg press then immediately to heavy smith squats, could have gotten by with less.

I am training a younger guy right now and he can easily do 405 for 6 in the bench for example and we rarely exceed 315 - 335.

Thankyou, it's honestly from experience and not just going in the gym and training but consciously thinking through every rep and creating hypothesis and conclusions daily with each routine. If more people could understand the importance of this then they will get a better workout and actually have a purpose to their training session that day.

Biggest I have ever been was 290lbs@ 6'1. At 6'1 that is far from huge. I did a bit of bodybuilding for awhile , stage weight was about 234. My body is more of a power lifting frame, strong as a ox but not always super lean. That being said at close to 290 my bf was about 14%. I did it thru 1) being young 2) eating a ton 3)never drinking 4)avoiding fancy ass shit and just lifting some heavy ass weights with good form.

Now later in life.... I just try to stay in shape, stay around 240......I just hurt too much for anything else

Former 300lb powerlifter. Simple answer is diet. I ate relatively clean, but had a cheat at the end of every day. I stuffed myself with every meal to the point where I wanted to puke. Even on the clean meals. Did this for years on end, eventually got to be that size. Plenty of gatorade and pedialyte to dirnk too.

No offense to anybody, but if you don't have visible abs, it's not as helpful.

I think this is geared more towards accruing muscle, not just weight. If the answer was to drink sugar and eat junk, most of us could be 30lbs heavier than we are now.

The term "powerlifter build" is a misnomer. It assumes powerlifters are chubby.

**broken link removed**

Here's 296lbs with abs

Last edited:
Excellent!

**broken link removed**

Here's 296lbs with abs

I hope people just have some sense and stop arguing after you post a big STFU picture like this one. Lol. Just damn impressive.
I am 6'1 and was 292 at one point....but I did not look like you do.

Last edited:
I hope people just have some sense and stop arguing after you post a big STFU picture like this one. Lol. Just damn impressive.

I had one guy argue to me over PM saying it's the angles and lighting I take my photos in that make me look big... I told him real life to these "angles&lighting" my pics don't do me justice, I feel like I look like a scrawny punk in photos vs what I look like in the mirror

People don't realize how hard it is when you are tall.

Here I am with Gunter at 264 lbs.

I look about 230. Obviously he is not at his best and I was on my normal HRT dose. Regardless, I know what you are saying. I often see people who look big in pictures...then in person the are about as big as my girlfriend who is 5'4.

My dad is 5'5...and most of my lifter friends are not tall...so I have nothing against shorter fellas...other than when THEY gain 10 pounds it shows. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_8590.JPG
    IMG_8590.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:

I look about 230. Obviously he is not at his best and I was on my normal HRT dose. Regardless, I know what you are saying. I often see people who look big in pictures...then in person the are about as big as my girlfriend who is 5'4.

My dad is 5'5...and most of my lifter friends are not tall...so I have nothing against shorter fellas...other than when THEY gain 10 pounds it shows. Lol

You don't look 230 to me but I'm also not naive and have what I like to consider a professional eye when analyzing a physique. You look like a professional linebacker honestly/ Lou ferrignos cousin lol! That's a sweet pic, Gunter was a tall and big guy so that pic shows the relativity of size. Put a big guy next to a guy who everyone knows is big and then you know the first guy is a big mofo.. But put a short guy who's 180lb 5'5 in a pic by himself and he looks like a pro, but see him in person and he's a midget with twig arms

Here an older pic of me an Ronnie from a year and half ago I was about 320lbs right here, no im not flexin either... But this shows how size is relative

**broken link removed**

6'2

Nice. Are you able to train again since your surgery or still recovering? Assuming that was a recent pic, I'm surprised you could go back so soon. I waited 7 months before touching a weight.

Nice. Are you able to train again since your surgery or still recovering?

Yea I train everyday bubba. Im back to 100% now thanks to good lord above. Im trying to be 330lb around April at the same BF% I am now

That is an awesome pic of you and R. Coleman!

I see a guy at the bottom of this thread viewing....BigMike295. He is the real deal and is large as hell, with with great bodybuilding genetics like you have.
Even at my heaviest, I never had a gut EVER...a huge, fat head...YES! :)

Just eating 6 times per day, lifting and resting got me up to 292, but I always looked just like a bigger version of myself. Everyone would guess football player/ linebacker...not necessarily "bodybuilder". Which pissed me off!!! Hahahaha

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws