over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Big Ramy update

I'll take that to the bank any day of the week.
Big Rig Ramy, not so much but I pile on the
respect for what he has accomplished.

Oh . . . Frank went out jogging every day when
he was in Palm Springs prepping, getting in shape
for the Olympia. See above.
Prob not a popular opinion here...but I do think Classic will surpass Open in the near future. Much like in Womens how there is really no bodybuilding anymore and Physique is as big as they get....although I could see Womens Figure moving to the top of the food chain. Notsomuch for Mens Physique or Womens Bikini as they are a dime a dozen.

Prob not a popular opinion here...but I do think Classic will surpass Open in the near future. Much like in Womens how there is really no bodybuilding anymore and Physique is as big as they get....although I could see Womens Figure moving to the top of the food chain. Notsomuch for Mens Physique or Womens Bikini as they are a dime a dozen.
Classic may rival Open but there will always be a draw to the freaks. People may want to look like Bumstead, hell, I do, but people will always want to gawk and the unobtainable freaks.

As for women, wellness is the future. It’s exploding in popularity for competitors as well as spectators.

Classic may rival Open but there will always be a draw to the freaks. People may want to look like Bumstead, hell, I do, but people will always want to gawk and the unobtainable freaks.

As for women, wellness is the future. It’s exploding in popularity for competitors as well as spectators.
I agree with the freaks. Kind of like the circus freaks. Nobody wants to be one of them, but we will spend 10 bucks to go see the man with lobster hands or the man with rubber skin :)

Frank Zane is the most overrated bodybuilder of all time. I think ramy is unbelievably more impressive and what an open class bodybuilder should look like.
An open class champion bodybuilder should be able to do a vacuum like Zane did and have a more aesthetically pleasing physique than what Ramy presents, mass without regard for proportion is not what bodybuilding should be about. I´m really not a fan of the man´s phisique but I think if he comes in conditioned enough he will win the Olympia.

An open class champion bodybuilder should be able to do a vacuum like Zane did and have a more aesthetically pleasing physique than what Ramy presents, mass without regard for proportion is not what bodybuilding should be about. I´m really not a fan of the man´s phisique but I think if he comes in conditioned enough he will win the Olympia.
Yes, the ability to pull a vacuum should be the primary criteria for open bodybuilding lol. A vacuum doesn’t even look good on most people. They literally came up with the classic devision for those who prefer aesthetics to mass. Go watch Bumstead and leave open to the freaks.

Frank Zane is the most overrated bodybuilder of all time. I think ramy is unbelievably more impressive and what an open class bodybuilder should look like.
If you have ever seen Frank Zane in person (I have many times) I suspect that your opinion might just change. In his prime he must have seen to be believed, one of most balanced, aesthetic, beautiful physiques I have ever seen.

I know the trend now is for mass at any cost and Frank would easily get lost in the shuffle but he was, at the end of the day he had a physique that most men wanted to emulate and most women wanted to go to bed with.

That body is way more achievable than Ramy's.
Do you agree?
Undoubtedly. Ramy is a freak of nature. So is Nick Walker. Those guys look like cartoon characters. It will be fun to see them side by side on stage. That said, I think Bob Paris in his prime (example) looks 100x better than both of them. But yeah, purely for entertainment purposes...bring on the mass monsters, but at the same time, since we are going for mass....don't punish them for big guts etc. as long as they are shredded. Which is why I like those classic physiques and see that division eventually being the most popular. However, that doesn't mean get rid of the big boy division. Just let them get as big and conditioned as possible and don't worry the other details.

Yea, there will always be open. But I wonder would Classic be so popular when CBUM retires and you have someone other than a tall white guy

Lol I am sure ramy could do a vacuum with enough practice. Zane has one good pose the vacuum. Any other good poses? Nope. Why do people like this guy so much? Is it because he has a highly attainable physique? Don’t tell me it’s aesthetics. Bob Paris is more aesthetic with twice the muscle and is far more impressive but i don’t see people talk about him half as much.

If you have ever seen Frank Zane in person (I have many times) I suspect that your opinion might just change. In his prime he must have seen to be believed, one of most balanced, aesthetic, beautiful physiques I have ever seen.

I know the trend now is for mass at any cost and Frank would easily get lost in the shuffle but he was, at the end of the day he had a physique that most men wanted to emulate and most women wanted to go to bed with.
Yea I don’t doubt he fucked a lot of women but I doubt he could stand with today’s classic guys. I get he has a pretty physique but I just don’t find it impressive with such minimal muscle

Yea I don’t doubt he fucked a lot of women but I doubt he could stand with today’s classic guys. I get he has a pretty physique but I just don’t find it impressive with such minimal muscle
That is like saying Babe Ruth could not hit against todays MLB pitchers. CORRECT. It is an unfair comparison. You can only compare against the competition at the time. For all we know, 30 years from now Big Ramy will be TINY compared to whatever the future brings. My point is, the Olympia used to be about the most pleasing overall physique which is why I mentioned Zane. Now, it is simply about the biggest dude on stage. That said, after I posted, I took this photo to the gym I work at and asked 10 random people who had a more pleasing physique. These were people who work out regularly including one NPC Figure competitor (BTW she has never even heard of Rami, but knows CBUm well because she follows him on social media. She thought he was the HVWT Olympia...no idea Ramy even existed). ALL TEN said CBUM had a better physique and all said it was because he was leaner and more "ripped." One guy said that Ramy might look as good as the other guy if he were to "diet down" lol. This is why I think Classic is the future of the sport. Even those who lift regularly appreciate the more pleasing physique rather than size for the sake of size. HOWEVER, I do see the novelty in mass monsters. They are visually "entertaining."

Attachments

• big-ramy-and-chris-bumstead-1024x536.jpg
    big-ramy-and-chris-bumstead-1024x536.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 84
After all the talk of him shrunken down significantly and the Nick Walker-hype he just posted this update at 18 weeks out of the Olympia:

View attachment 162695

336 lbs... 😱
Better keep him away from Chevron they’ll will drill for oil on his delts. That looks like shit and right after all the shit with Hadi….?

That body is way more achievable than Ramy's.
Do you agree?
Yeah and mainly because most people can’t tolerate the amount of drugs it takes to get that massive. IMHO a propionate physique that’s over 220lbs and nearly flawless as far as aesthetics is more difficult and takes more discipline. Being over 300lbs at 5ft 9 is simply unhealthy and puts tremendous strain on the heart. It’s simply unatural which is why it can’t be done without massive amounts of gear, insulin hgh, etc. But… this is a sport where it’s all about size or else Ronnie wouldn’t have won so many Olympia’s. I’m not saying it doesn’t take hard work and discipline to achieve Ramy’s physique- I just know the amounts a few pros in the 90s were using and it was ALOT of gear.

That is like saying Babe Ruth could not hit against todays MLB pitchers. CORRECT. It is an unfair comparison. You can only compare against the competition at the time. For all we know, 30 years from now Big Ramy will be TINY compared to whatever the future brings. My point is, the Olympia used to be about the most pleasing overall physique which is why I mentioned Zane. Now, it is simply about the biggest dude on stage. That said, after I posted, I took this photo to the gym I work at and asked 10 random people who had a more pleasing physique. These were people who work out regularly including one NPC Figure competitor (BTW she has never even heard of Rami, but knows CBUm well because she follows him on social media. She thought he was the HVWT Olympia...no idea Ramy even existed). ALL TEN said CBUM had a better physique and all said it was because he was leaner and more "ripped." One guy said that Ramy might look as good as the other guy if he were to "diet down" lol. This is why I think Classic is the future of the sport. Even those who lift regularly appreciate the more pleasing physique rather than size for the sake of size. HOWEVER, I do see the novelty in mass monsters. They are visually "entertaining."
Totally agree. CBUM IMHO has the “perfect” physique.

I agree Alfresco. I always heard he was skinny and had a “swimmers” physique and he certainly does not compare in size to the Pros today but who really does from that time frame. When I look at pics that I can find online like the ones of the 79 Olympia, he certainly doesn’t look smaller or skinny compared to his competitors. I think people just try to compare him to competitors from another era but he certainly looks like he belongs on the stage In that era.

Attachments

• DEBDC44F-FDBB-4F24-9915-61DE71EF8275.jpeg
    DEBDC44F-FDBB-4F24-9915-61DE71EF8275.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 65391034-D2F3-45C4-809F-A65968D8802A.jpeg
    65391034-D2F3-45C4-809F-A65968D8802A.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 35
About the 6 week out mark, he has Dennis James training him at my gym. Beyond humble giant. After last years win, he dropped by with the Sandow and left it on the counter for a couple of days. Amazingly heavy as shit.
That’s cool as shit glad to know the Sandow is good spray painted plaster too 😂 those cheap fuckers I woukdnt put it past them. I agree it’s him or Nick and DJ is a stud but I still don’t put him with Ronnie, Jay, or Phil-and I’m saying straight up not the this era vs that any of them in their prime wins imo.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws