over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Big Shirts, I know its stupid but...

pumpkinhead

Registered
do any of you taller guys like myself have problems with shirts, especially when your bulking and thicker. I am 6'1 and currently about 270(bulking), not to fat still abs visable in the right light.. my problem even when I am dieted is most of my shirts become , belly shirts once dried. its seems like XXL only means extra wide, and for someone who is 5'8.

Have any of you found good stores that sell good workout/athletic shirts in the TALL category?

how bout some basketball jerseys, if its just for working out?
lot of those are made for guys 6feet+ and they're kinda like tanktops, i think those are cool.

do any of you taller guys like myself have problems with shirts, especially when your bulking and thicker. I am 6'1 and currently about 270(bulking), not to fat still abs visable in the right light.. my problem even when I am dieted is most of my shirts become , belly shirts once dried. its seems like XXL only means extra wide, and for someone who is 5'8.

Have any of you found good stores that sell good workout/athletic shirts in the TALL category?

I have that exact same problem. My shoulders are naturally wide, and then I have big delts to go along with it. If I buy an XXL, it's ok up top, but billows like a kimono around my midsection. If I buy XL it looks like I'm trying to showoff and I really don't want the attention drawn to me. Custom made shirts are just too expensive too. And the cheaper shirts always shrink up to the belly. We can't win!

I have that exact same problem. My shoulders are naturally wide, and then I have big delts to go along with it. If I buy an XXL, it's ok up top, but billows like a kimono around my midsection. If I buy XL it looks like I'm trying to showoff and I really don't want the attention drawn to me. Custom made shirts are just too expensive too. And the cheaper shirts always shrink up to the belly. We can't win!

my dress shirts are custom made, in non bulk mode I am about 50-52 chest to 34-35 waist.... I have tried every tailor and they just tell me my coats would have the pockets in the back if they took it in that much. so I have a really good tailor that travels the country...he only chargest about 55-60 per dress shirt...

but like you said guys who are taller and broad shoulders..it looks like a kimono around the midsection, and then shrinks up to the belly button...if you buy a XL so it doesn't look like as much like a kimono...you still have the problem of it being a bit tight and making a choker out of your neck.

Basketball jersey is a idea...but I also enjoy wearing Tshirts around town... would be nice if they made athletic TALL ones. I tried Hotbodz...nice fit, till ya get it 3 inches above your waist band (I think thoose dudes are 5'6, LOL)

So far my only solution for Tshirts has been going to Thrift stores....that way you know they have been washed and dried 100x and are not going to shrink any more. Nothing like buying a new shirt and having my heart sink when my wife goes "awww you didn't want that dried"...insta belly shirt

Your about an inch taller than me, but Im about 280 at the moment.
I like the xxl tees by russel. They fit really well and hang low enough.

Most shirts look like halter tops because my chest raises them up.

As for dress shirts xxl from express mens work well.

This time of year Im wearing long sleaves old navy xxl in and out of the gym.

Try this. Go to a big and tall store or section and start trying different shirts. An XL in big and tall is different than a regular XL. Everyone thinks big and tall is just 3, 4 and 5x shirts. Actually they are sized small through 3 and 4X just cut and sized differently. I normally wear a 2x shirt. In a big and tall I can get a large/tall and it fits better than any regular sized XL or 2X. The only down side is the limited selection that they usually have.

Try this. Go to a big and tall store or section and start trying different shirts. An XL in big and tall is different than a regular XL. Everyone thinks big and tall is just 3, 4 and 5x shirts. Actually they are sized small through 3 and 4X just cut and sized differently. I normally wear a 2x shirt. In a big and tall I can get a large/tall and it fits better than any regular sized XL or 2X. The only down side is the limited selection that they usually have.

See this is what I thought too.... a few weeks ago, yes and limited selection, I went to Casual male XL... The funny thing was that the 2X Tall shirts their, fit like a XL in a normal shirt, they are also cut funny. My problem was while the Length was good their, I think they are not built for guys with thicker necks (about 19").. so why the 2x tall was ok a bit snug, not tight (so good fit).. the necks were like Choakers... They need a store like Casual Athletic male XL... so they allow more neck room and back room in their shirts.

My wife hates shopping with me....I am so fricking picky when I finally find something that fits right, I end up wearing it 2-3x per week. LOL ... and then I always line dry it, even if its a tshirt...so it fits like when I bought it off the rack. I just wanna wash and dry my shirts like a normal person, LOL

I am not the string tank top and compression shirt type of guy.

I always say "if you need a tight shirt to flaunt it...then you don't have it"

**side note, maybe they need a store like that for females too.... my wife has now moved to skirts for the winter, as her quads no longer fit in her dress pants for work" currently she is at 165, last bod pod was at few weeks ago and she was still only 15% bodyfat...so for a female and bod pod, not to bad...just damn pants for women now adays are cut for the non - working out, no legs, muffin top type of woman. LOL

One of us needs to start a store TALL ATHLETIC MALE and FEMALE. LOL

Last edited:
How about just an AHLETIC MALE and FEMALE shop cause im 5'6" and shirts look like dresses on me

Hot bodz and shops like that are good for you... they actually have athletic cut shirts. Just way to short for us taller guys. You can always get them a size larger then you need, you don't need to look gay'ish and wear them skin tight like their models do.

American Eagle has XXXL on there site. The arms are a little snug but the length is good. Im not 6'1 but only 5'10 and there pretty damn long for me so they may work great for you. Also Affliction has XXXL that seem to have a good length.

American Eagle has XXXL on there site. The arms are a little snug but the length is good. Im not 6'1 but only 5'10 and there pretty damn long for me so they may work great for you. Also Affliction has XXXL that seem to have a good length.

Affliction has some cool shirts, but I think I may have a mental affliction if I pay 80 dollars for a tshirt

Affliction has some cool shirts, but I think I may have a mental affliction if I pay 80 dollars for a tshirt

If you have a Ross or Marshalls around you, you can find some good deals. If not ebay has some cheaper!

If you have a Ross or Marshalls around you, you can find some good deals. If not ebay has some cheaper!

thanks bro, will have to look into that

I have ordered from them...they make great stuff. Just not long enough for guys with longer torso's..I have even emailed them and had them suggest shirts for taller guys (6'1+)...still ends up being to short once washed... great clothes, would suggest it to anyone who is not tall. But lets face it, tall bodybuilders are not very common.

I have ordered from them...they make great stuff. Just not long enough for guys with longer torso's..I have even emailed them and had them suggest shirts for taller guys (6'1+)...still ends up being to short once washed... great clothes, would suggest it to anyone who is not tall. But lets face it, tall bodybuilders are not very common.

Are you calling me short?????? :eek: :p

Are you calling me short?????? :eek: :p

HAHAHAHAHA...I am saying I like hot bodz clothing, but if it fits you..your not 6'1 or 6'2..LOL... how about we will say, your not tall or vertically challenged (have to be politically correct in america, might offend someone) LOL

HAHAHAHAHA...I am saying I like hot bodz clothing, but if it fits you..your not 6'1 or 6'2..LOL... how about we will say, your not tall or vertically challenged (have to be politically correct in america, might offend someone) LOL

Actually I'm 5'11 with a very long torso and short legs. I can honestly say that I own pretty much every item of clothing that HotBodz sells, in every colour. 90%+ are perfect. But there are a couple of shirts which I find a bit short too, but not short enough that they are unwearable.

Actually I'm 5'11 with a very long torso and short legs. I can honestly say that I own pretty much every item of clothing that HotBodz sells, in every colour. 90%+ are perfect. But there are a couple of shirts which I find a bit short too, but not short enough that they are unwearable.

thats my problem, add another 3 inches to your torso (I have a long torso as well)...then thats where I have the problem. I would not say its "unwearable"...but the bottom of the shirt will be sitting right at waist band level of my pants, so I could not tuck it in even if I wanted...if I raise my arms over my head I get to show people my belly button, LOL

trust me I really like some of their shirts, i have emailed them a few times asking them to stock XXXL Tall shirts. (bout 270 right now, comp weight is 235). I do notice as I loose some thickness on a contest diet they do fit a bit better as my chest/shoulders loose some thickness. I just need 4" more of shirt, thats all I ask...please hot bodz, please. LOL

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420