over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BIG THICK ABS

LiftAmongstGiants

Registered
Fellas Just wanted to know which Ab exercises you would suggest for growth. Just started a little run with some goods and wanted to actually get my core right. I always had a flat stomach and never worried about abs but I want a stronger core and mainly to blow my ABs out to where they might possibly purtrude. :headbang:

This is exactly how I felt when starting out. I made a conscious decision that I wanted that powerful mid section, not just a line like some fitness model.

The key is heavy weights. Train abs just like you would any other muscle you want to develop. Every ab machine does the trick. All you need is a minimum of 4 sets per day, but you want to go as heavy as you can for a good 15-20 reps per set. Soon, you will be stacking the machines and have the strongest core in the gym. Make sure to train lower back as well. You need to create balance been abs and lower back or else you will get lower back pain. This is a mistake I made. My abs are always showing an 8 pack, even when bulked up, but my weak lower back causes me pain at times.

I've done many ab weight variations. At one time I was doing 500 reps on an ab machine. I made it my cardio. Heavy weight, approximately 20 reps per set, rest 30 seconds, then go again. It took a half hour.

allot of it is genetics as well, but i find to many people use that as an excuse just means you have to work harder.

What worked for me because I HATE working abs. So i just focus every rep i do keeping my core as tight as possible and that works great. I will hit abs once a week well now i am before i never did them maybe if i got bored and had 10 mins to kill, but i abs looked great so i didnt bother. Now that I am competing though i have to take every thing serious.

Just as he said lower back is just as important as abs.

Now a days I do hyperextesions when doing abbs , back in the day I trained abs as JJ sugjests but I dont use weight anymore. Once you get the size and thickness you want back off on the resistance. Right now I got the turtle shell GH gut thing goin on man I hate it took a week off back in the gym tomorro gonna focus on lite high rep abb werk and cardio

Thanks for the replies. Yea I've been working out for many years but have never put the effort into my abs but ima bout to transform so it would be great to have a nice set of abs poking out instead of just the top two and a flat stomach. I'll definitely be doing heavy waited sets with short time in between sets, but is there any specific exercises you feel builds them at a faster rate if that makes sense.

I have a little waist but very thin abs too, I do not like this look and want to build thicker abs.

Ive been doing heavy (80kg I think) weighted crunches on the cables, I do 3 sets of 20 reps but im thinking of upping it to five sets. I do this 3 times a week hopefully i'll notice a difference

Some say everyday, some say just a few times a week, I just worry about over training them

. . . . I wanted that powerful mid section, not just a line like some fitness model.

The key is heavy weights. Train abs just like you would any other muscle you want to develop. . . . . Make sure to train lower back as well. You need to create balance been abs and lower back or else you will get lower back pain.

this is good advice.

So. You want big abs?

I don't think anybody really beats KK for size and strength in the core...

The freak would probably have abs showing at 30% bodyfat

Here is a video where he does weighted ab roller work... just insane.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6B_rE2J3Iw]Ab roller+75kg(165lb) - YouTube[/ame]

I've tried training abs with all sorts of different rep and weight schemes. I have compact abs. The only thing I have left to try in my quest for chunky abs is a solid gh run.

just wondering who here started with really flat abs and has managed to build a really thick set? how was it achieved?

my abs use to be thicker, but so were my obliques which made my waist wider.... good for rotational strength for athletics, bad for BBing and creating V illusion bc u then need top bigger to compensate for wider waist... i stopped all the rotational stuff and just crunches now...

i use to LUV roman twists, lots of different med ball slams and tosses, sledgehammerwork on big tires...and my favorite was a type of situp id do on an extreme angled decline bench holding a plate- i would lock feet in and make my body do an circle shaped pattern instead of straight up and down...they were theeee shiitttt! i literally had every1 of my fighters i was training tell me it was the best ab exercise ever...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws