over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Big_Byrd52's WR Squat Log

Yeah Man

I read this thread almost every day, so please keep it going and keep us updated. I'm just in awe of what you can push and pull, simply amazing. Your so far outta my leauge there is little I can add other than support. Keep it up and best of luck, be smart and dont get injured...knock on wood!
I think I can say were all pulling for you to break a WR or two....

Dogma, That reminds me... it has been almost exactly a year since i blew my knee out and jacked myself up pretty good last year.

Went to the gym thursday to do some light trainning. Still drained from the heavy days and dragging ass. Started off withpullups, but on the first one, as soon as i started i felt a sharp pain in shoulder. I thought that had cleared up, but the squats tues must have aggrevated it again. That was good enough for me to call off the night, its too close to push it and risk getting injured. Besides i had to work the freaking club anyways and was gonna be up all night. I hate it, but its paying for the massages right now which i have to have. By the way its really funny when people ask me what i did all day and say, something like "im exhausted! i fixed all my food for the day, went to classes, then went to get a massage, and then took a nap" there all like ohh, u poor thing! life is so rough! they just dont get it. i try to tell them the massage is just as bad or worse than the workouts and it wears me out, but they dont believe me.

Anyways... Started to lower carbs and increase cals from fats today. weight has been 218 so i need to have it down to 209-210 by weds night or thurs morn. The weight loss will be mainly loss from intestanal bulk and carb depletion at that point. i will outline the plan for the loss for the last week. i want to try to do it as easy as on the system as possible, meaning i dont want to use a diuretic unless i have to.

Friday 9/2
wgt: 212, this is very good!

I didnt go to sleep at all last night, and was pretty dehydrated which always makes for a great workout! i almost didnt go, but i made my self. Shoulder was still acting up too. very light, high rep, blood pumping work for recovery.

lat pulls x20 with about 100lbs super-setted with close grip bench x 20 w/ 135 for 4 circuts/sets.
lateral raises 3 sets of 20 w/ 20lbs
seated DB curls 3 sets of 20 w/ 20lbs
leg extentions 1 set of 20 w/ whatever it was set on.

in and out in about 30 mins.

One more workout on Sunday to keep the groove on the bench and and DL and ill be done lifting till sat.

Plan for Making Weight:

Weds 8/31
- clean up cals, lower carbs, flush system with mineral oil (FUN!!)

Thurs 9/1
- low carbs, aprox 150g (from half oat, half mixed veggies), increase fats, begin working up to 2+ gallons water

Fri 9/2
- moderate carbs, 250, keep fats up, lots of water

Sat 9/3
-carbs fat same, 2 gals distilled water, heavy salting(wgt should jump some here), add multi-mineral and quinine sulfate to prevent cramping.

Sun 9/4
-same plan here

Mon 9/5
-same but cut carbs down to 150 but will really depend on wgt. (need to be 212 here still)

Tues 9/6
-drop sodium, drop carbs (only some mixed veggies and fruit like granny smith apples and berries to equal 50-75g), still pounding water, add natural diu like taraxatone (uvi ursa, caffine, green tea, dandilion)

Weds 9/7
-same plan, try to get more water, 1-2 serv. of magnesium citrate to clean bowls out(should be good for about 5 lbs., more if i wasnt watching diet so close.)

Thurs 9/8--need to be about 206-207 this morn.
-will depend on weight, but either 1 gallon before noon, or no water till weigh-ins 10am on fri.
-very little food, every thing must be easily absorbed and calorie dense. only carbs from fruit to stabilze hunger and blood sugar.
-another 2 doses of mag. citrate to move bowls at around 7pm.
-depending on weight, may take 20-40mg lasix at 9pm.

Fri 9/9-- this will really depend on morning weight, but should have only 2-4 lbs to hopefully.
-wake at 6am, weigh-ins at 10am
-find out weight and see how far i have to go to 198. also check blood pressure to monitor helath and water shift back to blood plasma.
-options at this point are either a dry sauna or hot bath done in intervals and monitoring wgt loss
-if im a little over at weighins, ill chew gum and spit in a cup. its too late for any other methods at this point, but ideally, ill get off the scale and immediately begin to put fluids and weight back on.

Next post will be on the Reconstitution on fluids and weight.

i am really sorry to hear about your shoulder and knee,but i been there still am but a bit smarter.
and people who never tryed this sport they will never understand what is all about.but you cant do anything about it.

i see you have everything planed and ready to go.thats just great.i just finised reading everything from begining till todays post.
man my hat is down for you.you did amazing job.and thats just amazing.
you better get some rest and keep us posted.

Best of luck bro!!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

First off, why does my name have 'REATURED MEMBER' by it? is it just to show i have already been one so i dont get nominated again?

anyways, ill keep this short cause i want to go relax. i was 218 last night before bed and was stressing pretty bad. i wanted to be 212-210 and i was carb depleted and trying to get everything ready to leave town. it was bad, i just couldnt focus and was all stressed out. finally at 1am i screw it ill do it tomorrow. went to bed only to wake up every 15 min to piss. no diu, just forced down 3/4 a gallon of distilled water from 9 when i weighed till 12.

got fed up and got out of bed at 530 or 6 and went to the gym to weigh and bs for a while. weighed 213, still too high. i was pissed! went home to work on getting everything ready to go. about 10am i ate some oatmeal with alot of green food coloring, tell u why in a minute, and a piece of salmon, and popped 40mg oral lasix. i have had no water since midnight. to my suprise i still didnt piss again for 1.5 hrs! i was getting worried!

pissed a few times but not much each time, still worried. ate a trio-plex bar at 2pm and havent eaten since. got down here and checked in the hotel and relaxed for an hr, still havent pissed much. i drove over to the gym to weigh expecting to be 210. to my suprise i was 207 at 7pm. went ahead and did 60mg lasix at 730 and drove back to hotel. still have not went to the bathroom as of 10pm

at 915pm i drank a bottle of magnessium citrate, a powerful laxative, to flush out useless waste in the intestines. this is why i put food coloring in the oatmeal, so i know when it comes out that my intestines are almost fully empty! pretty smart huh?

so now its 10pm, ill probably go lay down and chill for an hour, then turn the bathroom into a steamroom and run water so hot i can barely sit in it. ill lay there and sweat for 30-40 minutes or until the laxative kicks in. i am hoping to be 202 before bed, as ill still sweat and lose a little over night. ill wake at 330-4 and weigh, and decide if i need another lasix. if im close ill wait and sweat it out in the sauna in the morning at about 7-8 am. weighins are at 10am.

ill post on rehydration later.... this wasnt really short was it? oops.

Because you're SPECIAL!

::ction-sm

You are now in the "Featured Member" group. Your name is a different color (purple) as well. Just trying to set apart those that have been recognized for this award!

xcelbeyond said:
::ction-sm

You are now in the "Featured Member" group. Your name is a different color (purple) as well. Just trying to set apart those that have been recognized for this award!

Awe!!! thanks excel. u know im gonna get all emotional in this delicate state! haha i just looked back at what i wrote, it look like 'retarded member' which is about how i was feeling while i was typing that. i kept misspelling EASY words, not just once, but like 4 and 5 times and looking at it still not thinking it looked right!

didnt get much sleep, maybe 2 45 minute bouts, just laid there restless most of the night. here is a rundown of the night:

7pm--207
730--took 60mg oral lasix
915--took 1 bottle magnessium citrate
1040--weighed 207.6, then took hot bath for 20 minutes
1055-- got out because i had a rapid heart beat, shallow breathing, then started getting nausues and dry heaving. sucked on a mint for sugar.
**looking back, i think the naseua was from having all that 'crap' sitting in my colon poisoning me and not moving out because there wasnt enough to push it thru.

11:10--stopped sweating and weighed- 206
1120--checked blood pressure--139/87 pulse 146
went to walmart to look for a sweat suit, no luck

102am--got back and took a hot bath for 26 min
128-got out before it got like last time. dried off
145--weighed after i stopped sweating, 203.5
150--laid down in trash bags, couldnt sleep
245-- got mad and took them off. went ahead and weighed, 202.8
330-- still couldnt sleep. took a fleet Enema, glad i brought this!!! as i still hadnt had a BM. got things moving, weighed 201.6
6-- a few short naps between the last BM. had another small BM, weighed 200.6. gave up on sleeping since i have to get up at 7am.

650--updating everyone :D getting ready to run a hot bath again for 15-20 minutes to get it out of the way. i may wait till my buddy gets here so i dont have to get out to get the door. plus i want to be ready a lil early, but not too early, i cant weigh in till 10am.

i cant wait to drink! i bought some PENTA water, its supposed to be more easily absorbed, we'll see. here is a link on it: **broken link removed**

i have had a few sips to take pills, and it really is the most crisp water i have ever had! its unlike any i have ever had! but then again im REALLY thirsty, so ill re-evaluate after a while :p

Ok, official weight was 197 at 10am. its now 1pm and im back up to 209 already. gonna go take a nap. ill check in later.

Big Byrd

I been reading this post at work but haven't had much time to really respond

very impressive, i get excited just reading it.

now go set a world record so your name is remembered forever!!

Thanks man, feeling pretty good now. Weight is 223 right now, but i can tell my blood pressure is way up after dinner. it was the first real meal ive had and it was cajun and loaded with sodium. my weight will probably keep rising thru the night as i keep drinking.

i want to thank Zypher for helping me out with the water loss and DIU usage so i didnt cramp up losing that much water.

Also, i wish i had taken a pic this morning, because i honestly looked better than i did the day of my last BB show! still very vascular and shredded, deep cuts. now i look like i have a turtle shell belly!

Anything to help a fellow promuscle member....

Like I said kick some serious ass. Do your best and Im sure you will do some serious damage. Man when I tell this guy at my gym the lifts you make tomorrow he is going to be like "bullshit". You see he is the world champion bench presser but he does the "nautural" and "raw" meets. The best bench he has ever had even with a shirt is 530 in the 198's and his squat and dead are average at best. so Im gonna rub some of your lifts in his face. He thinks he is the shit. I have told him about some of your offseason lifts and he did not believe me. Oh well time to get nutz and bust your ass out of the hole on that squat. Great job and keep us posted. Later bro. :)

I think it's great that Zephyr helped you out!

And that you gave the guy some credit! Good Luck, BigByrd!

Just got home guys, and im worn out. it was a great meet, alot of fun, alot of great lifting. i hate to leave u hanging, but i gotta get to sleep, and i cant just 'keep it short', i get to excited and keep babbling.

I was at the meet yesterday and big_byrd showed out , guy is strong as hell total was something like 2150...awesome lifter for sure

Hey getonmybusa! it was cool to meet u yesterday. sorry i didnt BS much, i was like a little kid in a candy store! just running everywhere talking to everyone and trying to lift and help lifters.

The meet didnt quite get started on time, and the warmup squats were pretty rushed. i had about 20 minutes to warmup, get suit on and everything! i was really rushed and my all my warmups felt off balance and out of the groove. I took my last warmup half way thru the first flight,and i was the last lifter in the first flight. i was worn out from rushing and stressed worrying i wasnt gonna get done in time. then i almost timed out getting ready for my opener! After i got that out of the way i felt alot better, but i was still really rushed to get to the damn bar on time for every attempt. No matter how early i started wrapping my knees, my guy just couldnt do it in time. anyways, i opened at 821, took 914 deep for the new all-time 198 squat record. i took 936 for my third. it wasy but i cut it a little high.

On bench i opened with an easy 551. 2nd attempt was 600. i had a bad hand off and spent alot of energy trying to correct it. i ran out of breath and couldnt finish. took 600 again for 3rd. gave it an easy ride to the top, but just before lockout my feet slipped and kicked right out in front of me! it was a no go. i was pretty disappointed i missed this cause i felt i was good for 630. oh well.

On to the DL. i opened with an easy 600. 2nd at 661, and 3rd of 683. that was all i had and i blacked out at the top! i dont remember getting the down command and i thought i had missed it. my guys ran up patting me on the back and i was like what are u doing? i missed it?! haha i didnt even know! i could hardly hear, my ears were ringing, throat knotted up, eyes burning. this is what my eyes look like now! i busted all the blood vessels in them again. there is ZERO white showing in my eyes and they really hurt today.

Anyways, i went 6 for 9 and ended up with a 2149 total for the 4th highest total of all time at 198.

Micheal Soong was there to verify the records, there were several attempts at different records, Phil harrington for 181 squat record and total-but came up just short this time. he was tryin to re-break his own record of 900. Jon Gordon set several records also, one being the huge DL of 661 at 165lbs bodyweight! thats 4 times his bodyweight!! and drug free!!!

Dont have plans for a full meet again for a while. i have my eyes set on big numbers, so i have alot of work to do. im just gonna take it easy for a while and work on my DL to improve my total cause i think it will move once i put some direct attention to it.

Dude thats incredible. 914 @ 198lbs!! Awesome. Congratulations.

Hehe maybe you should post a pic of the eyes now. They must look seriously freaky.

this is 914 in the hole

Attachments

• 914small.JPG
    914small.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 293

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views