over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

biggest college player I've seen... wow

PitbullTank

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Sampson_I.jpg.ashx

Just saw this kid playing in the Celebration Bowl for Alcorn State... thought it was a typo so had to check... he looked humungous on the field...

Isaac Sampson listed at
6'5"
390!!!

Saw that game earlier and noticed him too. Definitely a big boy.

If you're a college football fan, I'm sure you're familiar with Shawn Oakman right? There have been bigger guys, but can't remember ever seeing anybody who is more of a freak than this guy

051915-SW-CFB-Shawn-Oakman-PI.vadapt.620.high.45.jpg

**broken link removed**

Picture doesn't do him justice as he is 6'9" and 290lbs. Seeing him against other football players makes him really stand out.

Isn't Shawn supposed to be a 1st round pick this upcoming draft? Dude is jacked for a football player, I'm impressed. I've been hearing that he has a ton of potential and raw talent. Is he a defensive end?

Last edited:
Isn't Shawn supposed to be a 1st round pick this upcoming draft? Dude is jacked for a football player, I'm impressed. I've been hearing that he has a ton of potential and raw talent. Is he a defensive end?

Yea a lot of analysts are projecting that. IIRC he started playing football like midway through high school, so he hasn't been playing that long and is a little raw in his technique, but he has moments in games where he's unstoppable and forces a lot of double and triple teams.

So off of performance alone he'd be a mid rounder but with his size, strength and speed (allegedly runs in the 4.6-4.7 range), 32 teams likely won't let him fall outside of it because of the potential.

And yea defensive end, but could be considered for an outside backer in a 3-4 scheme.

He might slip to the 2nd round. His stock might have fallen a touch, however, if he kills it at the combine (which he probably will), 1st round it is

He might slip to the 2nd round. His stock might have fallen a touch, however, if he kills it at the combine (which he probably will), 1st round it is

If clowney or Mario Williams proved anything it's that you can still be the top pic in a draft as a d end after a down year if you kill it at the combine.

Not that Oakland will be a top pic but I think he'll go in the low 29s. Especially with how it isn't a heavy offensive year for the draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reminds me of my football days at UM. i was killing myself trying to keep up with these genetic freacks!!! my roomate was Edgerrin James, and i witness what a true freak of nature is. My life was sleeping and training, and ice bags, ntn else. He was out partying and fucking girls all night, barely no sleep, i would see him at 430am before our 5am workout in the kitchen eating a whole box of cheerios!!!!

All teens these days are a lot bigger than we were back in the 80s. At the high school in my town it is not uncommon to see guys 6 foot 3 inches tall or taller. The average guy now seems to be about 6 foot tall which is what I am and a lot of the young guys now tower over me. The high school had a player that was 6 foot 5inches and weighed about 340 lbs, big boy. The kid's hands and head looked like a giants compared to mine. We had not one guy in school near that size when I was in school.

If clowney or Mario Williams proved anything it's that you can still be the top pic in a draft as a d end after a down year if you kill it at the combine.

Not that Oakland will be a top pic but I think he'll go in the low 29s. Especially with how it isn't a heavy offensive year for the draft

I agree and do think he will go on the 20s. People love to talk about his weaknesses lately it seems though

reminds me of my football days at UM. i was killing myself trying to keep up with these genetic freacks!!! my roomate was Edgerrin James, and i witness what a true freak of nature is. My life was sleeping and training, and ice bags, ntn else. He was out partying and fucking girls all night, barely no sleep, i would see him at 430am before our 5am workout in the kitchen eating a whole box of cheerios!!!!
Holy shit that's awesome brotha!! You were there in some good years

God I love stories like this for some reason. Please don't hold back if you have any other good ones.

That's awesome man. Saw edgerrin James in person when he was with the cardinals. So jacked and Totally believe those stories.

Biggest freak I played with was a kid named Taylor mays. Played (free agent last I checked but was on the 49ers and bengals) free safety and was 6'4" and 240lbs. Ran a legit 4.4 at 225 in high school and a hand timed 4.28 at usc. Not a great safety on the field but one of the most athletic guys you'll ever see.

Remember in high school he'd always be late to workouts and rarely do anything. One day we were maxing out on squats and one of our lineman did 445lbs. He rolls up wearing flip flops and eating some donuts. Walks up to the bar and does it for 4 reps with no warmup. Racks it and goes back to finishing his donut. Just crazy to see people like that

I agree and do think he will go on the 20s. People love to talk about his weaknesses lately it seems though

Oh yea I've seen that too. All they talk about is his lack of sacks (still have the all time Baylor record) but the Baylor scheme requires the d tackles and ends to try to take on as many of the blockers to leave lanes for the backers to clean up.

They're saying similar things about Joey Bosa too who could possibly be the top pick this year. But he was double and triple teams almost the entire year, so of course his stats aren't gonna be crazy.

All teens these days are a lot bigger than we were back in the 80s. At the high school in my town it is not uncommon to see guys 6 foot 3 inches tall or taller. The average guy now seems to be about 6 foot tall which is what I am and a lot of the young guys now tower over me. The high school had a player that was 6 foot 5inches and weighed about 340 lbs, big boy. The kid's hands and head looked like a giants compared to mine. We had not one guy in school near that size when I was in school.

I know man it's crazy. It's everything too. Earlier this week ESPN U was replaying one of the games when the bulls played the lakers in the '91 finals. Jordan still looked super athletic and comparable to NBA players today (although he was so skinny), but everyone else looked like they were playing so slow. Granted the game in general was played a lot slower, but even on fast breaks, the athleticism was so much more limited than it is now.

That's awesome man. Saw edgerrin James in person when he was with the cardinals. So jacked and Totally believe those stories.

Biggest freak I played with was a kid named Taylor mays. Played (free agent last I checked but was on the 49ers and bengals) free safety and was 6'4" and 240lbs. Ran a legit 4.4 at 225 in high school and a hand timed 4.28 at usc. Not a great safety on the field but one of the most athletic guys you'll ever see.

Remember in high school he'd always be late to workouts and rarely do anything. One day we were maxing out on squats and one of our lineman did 445lbs. He rolls up wearing flip flops and eating some donuts. Walks up to the bar and does it for 4 reps with no warmup. Racks it and goes back to finishing his donut. Just crazy to see people like that

Dam that's just unfair. I think Mays has been out of the league this year. He was great at USC and had a decent NFL career

Oh yea I've seen that too. All they talk about is his lack of sacks (still have the all time Baylor record) but the Baylor scheme requires the d tackles and ends to try to take on as many of the blockers to leave lanes for the backers to clean up.

They're saying similar things about Joey Bosa too who could possibly be the top pick this year. But he was double and triple teams almost the entire year, so of course his stats aren't gonna be crazy.

Yea Bosa is getting that JJ Watt treatment in college

Off topic but when I was college age (late 80's) I could barely afford a value meal and gas for my car. These kids now have nice rides and thousands of dollars in inkwork on their bodies. WTF?

Off topic but when I was college age (late 80's) I could barely afford a value meal and gas for my car. These kids now have nice rides and thousands of dollars in inkwork on their bodies. WTF?

Star college athletes get kickbacks under the table so to speak from boosters.

Ughhhh....genetic freaks make me jealous.

There were dudes I played with who would go out, get drunk, eat pizza 20 mins before weights and front squat 500 for reps. They were also SKILL position guys :eek:

Just unfair.

And I'm not a huge fan of Oakman.
Mario Williams was a 25 TFL and 15 sack guy at NC State....insane stats and he just stood out on the field.
Clowney's Jr year? SCARY. You knew where he was every single snap because he jumped off the screen. I agree his SR wasn't so great but he was triple teamed and was injured for a fair amount of it.

Oakman hasn't had a freaky year yet...not last year, not this year. No year. He has just been a "guy to watch" because he has a freaky body. That's it.
Compare hims to BYU's 6'9 280lb DE Bronson Kaufusi....THAT guy is just as big and almost triples his stats this year.

As a dude who played college ball Im just more impressed with dudes who actually back it up and perform. Potential means nothing to me and that's why people aren't interested in the NBA draft any more.

Most impressive dude I've seen in the past couple years was Aaron Donald from Pitt, now the starting DT for the Rams. Undersized at 6'0 285 but was a MOSTER in college. Immediately does the same thing in the pros.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131