over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bioidentical Testosterone

hemipower

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am currently on HRT (cyp) and spoke with a doc that suggested that taking enanth/cyp ester test is "bio-similar" and MUCH better effects would be from doing sub-q shots of BioIdentical Testosterone...I have HEARD of this before but was always pretty happy with my results, but now curious...

How much better would this form be than the old tried and true that I have been using for YEARS? (previously at bodybuilding doses up to 1200mg a wk and now 200-400mg a wk depending on goals and time of year)

Is it just test without an ester? Or is the test molecule itself different to mirror what your body produces?

"Composition
Bioidentical testosterone is made of extracts from yam and soy oils. The oils are processed and then turned into a powder that is combined with cream for ease of application.

Bioidentical Vs. Synthetic
Bioidentical testosterone is naturally occurring and is identical to the testosterone that is present in the human body. Synthetic testosterone is man-made, and is supposed to mimic the effects of natural testosterone."

I dont know just how they get that yam has testosterone that is identical to that of man. Personally, I think its a bunch of bullshit. I know its a hell of a lot more expensive than HRT from your doctor. You get the bio crap from an anti-aging clinic and they dont accept insurance.

yeah the HRT clinics won't take insurance all cash pay...this doc was just convinced that you get better effects and higher free test and total with lower dosage...
But I guess if it isn't broken, don't fix it. I do well with cyp or enanth but thought if this would be even better why not...who knows...

Don't try to fix what ain't broke. :)

It's a bunch of crap. Testosterone is testosterone. I've looked into this and it has been debunked. It's not supported by any science. Marketing B.S..Next they'll tell us that insulin is not insulin, diabetics need bio-identical insulin which costs 1000's times more.

The brick has a good point, I pretty much live by that. You still making gains on trt?

I think it's not just about the immediate effects or "results"...they claim that the risks associated with HRT can be lessened with the bioidentical hormones.

I didn't know this existed for men, but it arose after estrogen replacement was associated with increased risk for breast cancer.

Still, the science doesn't really seem to support it so who knows.

Wow this is the first I have ever heard of bioidentical hormones.I would stay with the cyp from the little I have read it doesnt seem like they have done much research on the bioidentical stuff.

All testosterone is "bioidentical" the ester doesn't count, the actual molecule is identical to what your body produces, and this is what they are referring to. All TRT is done with bioidentical testosterone, trying do TRT with Deca for example, would be NOT bioidentical.

All testosterone is "bioidentical" the ester doesn't count, the actual molecule is identical to what your body produces, and this is what they are referring to. All TRT is done with bioidentical testosterone, trying do TRT with Deca for example, would be NOT bioidentical.

yeah cuz yam test is so much like man test. is there anything you dont know everything about? just seems like you got the answers to everything brother. jealous, i am of you vast knowledge of the universe.

yeah cuz yam test is so much like man test. is there anything you dont know everything about? just seems like you got the answers to everything brother. jealous, i am of you vast knowledge of the universe.

yeah.... you actually obviously know very little.

Testosterone is Testosterone... as long as the molecule is the same, its the same. In fact, most Testosterone is derived from either Soy, Yams or Cholesterol. Yams being used because of the safety considerations of using cholesterol. Much like how HgH is now synthesized from E.Coli and now soon will be grown in tobacco plants (several farms are currently doing this) due to the dangers of extracting it from Human brain tissue.

Yams are also used to make birth control pills and DHEA, as you can synthesize estrogen, DHEA, test, 1-andro and progesterone from Wild Yams.

Bioidentical Test however cant be esterfied and still be bioidentical. the minute you add an ester it becomes synthetic.

Last edited:
"Bioidentical hormone replacement" is a buzzword in the alternative medicine world. A friend of mine was put on this so I did some research for her. Generally it refers to postmenopausal women replacing ALL missing hormones, not just estrogen. Basically it is another word for HRT. As far as I understand, it does not refer to any kind of special testosterone suspension magic juice from potatoes.

You could probably read the wiki on it and know a shitload more than me about it.

i dont think you understand....

many of your pharmaceutical testosterones are derived from Soy or Wild Yam plant sterols. They take them and turn them into Testosterone, Estrogen, DHEA etc etc...

look at the warnings on a bottle of Phizer Test Cyp: Do not take if sensitive to products derived from soy.

Its the most cost effective and safest way to make test.

Bio identical is a bullshit term, because Test is Test... period. the only difference is in esterfication.

Last edited:
i dont think you understand....

many of your pharmaceutical testosterones are derived from Soy or Wild Yam plant sterols. They take them and turn them into Testosterone, Estrogen, DHEA etc etc...

look at the warnings on a bottle of Phizer Test Cyp: Do not take if sensitive to products derived from soy.

Its the most cost effective and safest way to make test.

Bio identical is a bullshit term, because Test is Test... period. the only difference is in esterfication.

Yup soy is super cheap...

So, basically test suspension would then be the most bioidentical since it doesn't have an ester? Not that I would switch to it...I like to mix cyp and enanth together and do 1mL every 3 to 5 days depending on goals and time of year...a bit more than hrt but works great.

Thanks for all the replies. Since it is so much more costly (and this doc recommended like 20mg a day sub-q) and these things go against what I have done for 10+ years I was pretty skeptical anyway.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear