Bitcoin

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
I need some help with bitcoin. Basically 1 main question but I am curious about something else. So I learnt your wallet info changes automatically over time. That's not the issue but I always wondered if it was part of the reason why this happens. Anyway what is the reason why some btc wallets can't send funds to other btc wallets? I always assumed you could but I know you can't as it states invalid. Are there different types of wallets and certain ones can't send to others? Whilst I am here I may as well ask if your receiver wallet info changes automatically but funds are sent to the previous address I assume they are deposited or will they simply failed? If they get through would there ever be a point were that will fail as I wasn't aware wallets ever expired. That's why I was originally surprised to see my wallet change digits as I had assumed they stayed the same forever. Thanks

I believe there are 3 types of wallets: 1, 3 or bc1

Not being able to send/receive from a specific wallet can be for a few different reasons: 1 of the above wallets may still not be compatible with another, as some exchanges/wallet providers may still have not done the integration. The provider you are using creates 1 time use addresses that expire after a certain time or once a payment is received. You may not have enough funds in the wallet to cover what you are sending + the network fees.

But most providers I've seen that even have expiring addresses, usually still give a good amount of time to receive to/send from and will send notifications about the switching addresses.

Sounds like this is just an issue with your wallet changing addresses automatically, you should be able to adjust this in settings.

@K1 @Kaladryn

If one wallet to another couldn't send funds (states it's not a valid address) would the only option simply to be for them to transfer to another wallet and retry from there? The enabling a new btc wallet after receiving setting in my wallet is actually turned off. I can't see any other settings that would effect this but I will look more. I have had this wallet for over 2 years and it has only changed once in that time. It's been changed for many months and I don't usually have an issue so it must just be the wallet he is sending from is not compatible.

An interesting update and all is well. I know btc wallets never expire plus I figured we may as well try and send a very small amount to the original wallet info and it went through. So it's simply an issue with the updated wallet info but we can use the old info if this issues ever happens again.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws