advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bizarre: Injury-Related Joint Cracking... Could definitely use some advice!

reebokrunner456

Registered
INITIAL INCIDENT:
I sustained a crush-type injury to my knee last May (while out horseback riding, the horse accidentally rammed my leg into the side of a metal gate/fence). The pain was excruciating for the first 60 seconds and pretty intense for a few weeks after. I iced it like crazy for the first several days; and for the first 1-2 weeks, it felt as if I could not stoop down all the way down or bend the knee past a certain point… almost as if there was too much fluid to get full range of motion; thus, I let it heal and did not try to push it.

After 6 weeks of NOT pushing myself and giving the injury time to heal, I thought all was well. I'm the type to notice even the slightest bit of discomfort, yet after the 6 week mark, there was not a trace of soreness/stiffness/discomfort and I was once again able to resume my normal activities: 2-3 hour hikes, kick ass leg workouts, stooping/squatting to do house chores, wash the car, etc. From the time the injury healed, my knee was totally fine for a full 4 months.

SECOND INCIDENT:
Then, a combination of factors triggered something very bizarre:
1) I'd gone to a therapist/"healer" (who proved to be a whack job!) to help with my weight struggle. One of the "therapies" he used was physical "torture", (like holding certain positions until you'd literally almost collapse, apparently to try to torture the symptom/issue out of your body). So anyhow, after my three day session with this guy, (during which he had me hold squat-like poses against a wall), I was feeling sore all over (but at this point still the "good kind" of soreness, like after a hard workout).
2) Then I went to a fair and was on my already tired legs for several hours more than normal…
3) …after that I went dancing for a few hours…

…but despite all that, the next day I still felt good; both quads/hamstrings/calves felt like I'd gotten a really good workout; but nothing more than the good kind of soreness AND it was equally distributed (as opposed to isolated to the knee I'd injured).

The next day, the soreness was almost gone. However, at this point I was experiencing cracking in all of my joints because I'd gone of my HGH. I have a GH deficiency, and EVERYTIME I got off GH, ALL of my joints start to crack. Mid-day, I simply bent down to tie my shoe, and as I was bending down, the knee I'd injured back in May gave a LOUD POP. It was never painful (or even sore) but a bit uncomfortable. For the first few days, it felt a bit stiff/rough. However, from that point on, every single time I stoop/squat down, the knee pops/cracks at the specific point in motion, (which is exactly the point where I felt as if I couldn't squat further down after the initial injury several months before). The cracking is never painful, but (unlike the normal cracking I experience when I go off the GH), it's not a very comfortable/natural feeling. Furthermore, unlike those first 4 months after the initial injury, the knee now gets sore at about the 2-3 hour mark when I go hiking.

Sometimes the knee even cracks without stooping very far (like when I go to sit on the toilet, LOL). On any given day, the degree of cracking tends to fluctuate some. Things like sitting for long periods, temperature, protein or caloric intake, etc. seem to have no impact on cracking. GH is helping some, (the cracking is definitely less and there is less of a dry feeling when it does crack) but the cracking I experience when I squat past a certain point has not gone a away even once, since that initial POP I experienced a few months ago.

If anyone has suggestions as to other supplements, etc. that may help I could greatly use them! Aside from GH, I've tried the following supplements (which didn't/aren't making much difference):
  • Reserveage Organics Collagen Booster with Hyaluronic Acid and Resveratrol (2 grams/day of Hydrolyzed Collagen type II)
  • MSM (3 g/day)
  • JointHelp (4 g/day of Cissus, 500 mg/day ParActin)

It sounds like you need to have an MRI on the knee or at least have an ortho look at it to determine if one is needed.
Could be ligament damage; cartlidge damage....
Have you gone back on your GH to see if that helps?

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner