over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blades CYcle Guide

Mr_Magoo

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Taken From Anabolicextreme.com

Veyr good article, i dotn agree with absolutely everything but just about everythig, the only thing i would say is to avoid the logic of classifying androgens in only two ways, it can be good but only when u have a plethora of knowledge, anywasy here is the article

"Blade Stack Guide V1.1-bulking/cutting suggestions

Let's roughly classify steroids in two ways - Androgen Receptor (AR) mediated, and non-AR mediated. AR-mediated action occurs on the cellular level, affecting DNA transcript thus stimulating growth. Non-AR mediated mechanisms are various (and some are not understood yet), but one would be inhibiting the effects that glucocorticoids have upon muscle tissue. In other words, they prevent glucocorticoids from increasing glutamine synthetase and causing muscle tissue breakdown. This would be an anti-catabolic activity.

So first of all you want a steroidal compound that binds to the AR, such as Testosterone, Deca, Trenbolone etc. Their affinity or binding to the AR is different, making Deca and Tren more effective at the AR on a mg per mg basis than Testosterone. My view is that 500mg/week alone of Testosterone will not even be close to saturation of the receptor, so let's consider this for a second…The number of receptors is related to genetics and muscle mass, so someone 300lbs would need more than a 200lbs guy to saturate the receptors, right? There is also evidence that high levels of androgens in the body, upregulates or sensitizes the receptor, as will some steroids (which make some stacks more efficient than others), and of course heavy weight training - IMPORTANT! This last issue is the
reason why you should probably train for a few years to get closer to what you can achieve naturally, since this will make more AR available for growth potential.

You can not argue with 1000mg of Testosterone being more effective than 500mg, even in beginners. And the fact is that your 1st, or virginal cycle will be your best one since you are further away from your genetic potential than someone with a few cycles under his belt. Saying that you should limit dosage on your first cycle for allowing higher dosage in later cycles just doesn't sound right to me - after all, a gram a week would get you faster to your genetic potential if you're not already there. Going beyond this level, however - say someone who is 40lbs over what he could achieve naturally - would need this much just to sustain what he already has. But his receptors will also be more sensitized and upregulated both due to more muscle mass, more training, and higher levels of androgens in his body on previous cycles. This will make it both more effective - as well as possible - to go with higher dosages. I find that in the long term, after ending drug use, he'll end up splitting the difference between his drug-assisted peak and what he could have achieved naturally. He'll be able to maintain at least 1/3 and probably 1/2 of his gains. This is probably due to increased nucleation of muscle cells and to differentiation of satellite cells into mature muscle cells. Both these changes are permanent and, in my opinion, give a lasting advantage to
the athlete.

The KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid) is hard to contradict, since a gram a week of T will probably give the greatest gains via AR mechanism, and some additional non-AR mediated effects. Of course,
adding in another AR-agonist like Deca at 400mg/week (which I consider close to maximum considering progesteronic activity), with somewhat higher affinity for the AR - you reduce the dosage of T. Deca, of
course, doesn't aromatize much - but you still get water-retention due to it's progestronic activity. You can reduce this by using Winstrol, which appears to block this effect almost entirely. Deca is also known
for being good for the joints. That being said - I personally stay away from Deca for various reasons:
1. Although being a more potent AR-agonist than Testosterone, it is only considered half as effective on a mg per mg basis. This is most likely due to its lack of non-AR mediated mechanisms which Testosterone have. Stacking with D-bol and/or Winstrol is a good idea.
2. An important non-AR mediated mechanism is Central Nervous System (CNS) stimulation, which Deca lacks - something that is most noticeable in erection problems commonly known with it. This would also
make it a poor 'strength' drug (although I don't like that term too much). Most definitely stack it with Winstrol, Test or D-bol for this reason alone.
3. It is notorious for its detectability on drug tests up to a year after use.

I would rather prefer stacking Testosterone (if at 500mg/week) with Trenbolone at 75-100mg/EOD. Maybe adding some Dianabol here (which works primarily via non-AR action) gives a great stack - at 40-50mg/day in divided dosages. D-bol also works synergistically with both Testosterone and Deca, but limit its use to 4 weeks since it is 17 alpha alkylated and will be toxic to the liver. As for other orals, on a
mg for mg basis I use the following for comparing effectiveness:

Dianabol (methandrostenolone)… 20-35 mg, Winstrol (stanozolol)… 30-65 mg, Anavar (oxandrolone)…20-35 mg, Primobolan (methenolone acetate)… 100-200 mg, Halotestin (fluoxymesterone)… 15-25 mg,
Methyltestosterone… 75 mg, Anadrol (Oxymetholone) 50mg.

Using a constant dosage of a long-acting esters such as Sustanon, Enanthate or Cypionate will cause levels in the body to accumulate slowly to a peak at the 2 week point. Doing a double or triple injection on Day 1 - or using propionate during this time period will get levels high initially, thus imitating levels at the 2 week point. Levels will steadily decrease for about 2 weeks after the last injection too, depending on your dosage - so you could use propionate for making the transition from high levels/gaining to low levels/recovery as fast as possible. Another choice would be to use Primobolan for coming off, since it has low inhibition of the HPTA axis and subsequently might solidify gains post-cycle.

Using Testosterone and D-bol will cause various problems such as water-retention, inhibition of natural T production, and gyno. Clomid is an agonist to the estrogen-receptor, as well as stimulating LH release
and improving blood lipid profile, but does not produce an estrogenic response. So when you're using steroidal compounds that aromatize, Clomid will reduce the side effects associated with this (water-retention, gyno etc. ), as well as reducing testicular atrophy. This happens from day 1 of using such steroids, so why anyone thinks using Clomid AFTER 8-12 weeks of the estrogen floating around in your body will help - is beyond me...

Let me clarify the HCG issue - I personally don't recommend or even use HCG, but this is the way to do it. The higher levels of estrogen is not an issue at only 500IU - they appear in research at 10 times this dose...
HCG stimulates LH release and raises estrogen and testosterone levels to the point where it inhibits recovery. It is obviously a bad idea to use it post-cycle then, isn't it? The point of using HCG is to avoid testicular atrophy (ball-shrinkage), so low levels DURING the cycle is better (why wait until it has already happened instead of preventing it from ever happening?) The high levels of estrogen (and negative feedback) associated with HCG will also be reduced with lower dosages, but should in any circumstance stop prior to transitioning into the recovery period.

That being said, I would still recommend Clomid use instead of or combined with HCG, as Clomid certainly stimulates LH release by inhibiting negative feedback to the hypothalamus and pituitary. Clomid
DURING a cycle decreases water-retention and gyno due to its estrogen blocking mechanism while stimulating some LH release (reducing testicular atrophy), and after a cycle it will promote faster recovery of the HPTA axis. I prefer to use it during a cycle of heavy aromatizing compounds (Testosterone and D-bol f.ex.) for the reasons above, but if cost is an issue (which I doubt since Clomid is so cheap anyway) you can save it for after the cycle. The chemical structure and action of Nolvadex and Clomid are very similar, but Clomid is more effective while also having LH stimulating properties that Nolvadex is lacking. I see no use for Nolvadex if you are already using Clomid.

But none of these measures prevent the downregulation of the hypothalamus and pituitary, so limiting a cycle to 8-10 weeks is still necessary to insure proper recovery of the HPTA axis. Water-retention in the first weeks of the cycle is not necessarily evil, since it will add to your strength - but towards the end it has been my experience that hardening up will solidify gains more, being more healthy, and giving you a better appearance. Note that some bodybuilders think certain steroids work
better based solely on the weight they gain. In actuality, they could be just retaining a lot of water along with the muscle gains. These are the same guys who think they "lose" a lot of muscle after their cycle is
completed, when they actually just lost much of the water they'd been holding.

So a good choice for this phase of the cycle would be a transition to drugs like Winstrol at 50mg/day (and I will probably never inject Winny again since it has the same effect if you drink it in divided doses throughout the day), Primo (at least 400mg, and as much as 1000mg/week although expensive), Trenbolone is an excellent steroid at 75-100mg/day, and is as mentioned also considered 3 times as potent at the AR compared to equal dosages of Test.

With Testosterone as the base, I say 1000mg/week being optimal even for a beginner at 200lbs and maybe a 2-3 years of consistent training. Adding in other steroids that binds equally or better to the AR (Deca, Tren) - try to achieve the same total dosage while considering mg per mg effectiveness. Adding in non-AR mediated drugs would not necessarily mean that you need to lower T dosage, and consider synergistic benefits by using two compounds that complement each other to add to the effectiveness of the cycle.

Some of you might think "hey, a gram a week - I used 250mg/week on my first cycle and GOT HUGE" or "my first cycle was 5 D-bol a day, and I BLEW UP". Yes - that might be true, but what if you had used 4 times as much in the first case, or stacked with 400mg/week of Deca in the second case? 250mg/week of Testosterone is barely above the replacement dose used in male hormone therapy. Double that to 500mg and things start to happen...go to 1000mg, and while side effects won't noticably increase - the extra growth you will experience tells you that what I say has some truth to it. Not that the dose/response curve is linear, because you can saturate the AR - but there is an optimal dose where you may experience further gains due to AR-upregulation and sensitization. 250mg/week will make you grow - hell, they can cure cancer with sugar pills too (can you say PLA-CE-BO?), but think about this for a second - when you're on a cycle, what is your mindset? You KNOW you have steroids in your body, so now you have to bust your ass in the gym while eating everything in sight, agree? Would you consider then that the gains you had was because you for once gave the body what it needed to grow: TRAINING and FOOD in the proper amounts!!

Going beyond your genetic potential, more training and steroid experience, higher (lean) body mass, and experiencing lower response to steroids (genetically fewer AR) = higher total dosage.

Cycle length: 2 week cycles takes advantage of the fact that while the hypothalamus is inhibited, the pituitary is actually sensitized to the LHRH released by the hypothalamus up to the two week point. Recovery will be a lot faster if steroid levels are low at this point, so short-acting compounds can be used that will clear the system - or injection of long-acting compounds on Day 1 only.

From 3-7 weeks is where a lot of interesting things happen in the body that primes it for further growth, so I really think 8 weeks is the minimal here. Beyond 12 weeks, however, the hypothalamus and pituitary have been shutdown for such a long time that recovery might be a problem. I usually recommend 10 weeks as optimal.

So let's look at a specific 8-week cycle which I've seen amazing results with (3 other guys, not myself - allow for dosage variations related to steroid experience and LBM)
Week 1-6: Sustanon 1000mg/week (1000mg Day 1 and after that divided doses OR up to 100mg/day of Propionate week 1-2 to get levels up initially)
Week 1-4: D-bol 40-50mg/day
Week 5-8: Tren 75mg/day OR Primo 400mg/week OR Propionate 100mg/day in week 7-8.
Week 7-8: Winstrol 50mg/day

Remember that these individuals are above 200lbs with none or just a couple of cycles before, along with at least 3 years of consistent training. Adjust dosages accordingly. Gains from 30-40lbs retained!

This is basically what I consider when designing cycles for athletes, and I know many of you will have conflicting views - but I have both research and practical experience to back this up.

I don't take everything I read for granted - real world experience beat the books any day IMO. This is something being an engineer has taught me as well.

I will in the future write something on my views of training and diet - suffice it to say that anabolics is a poor excuse for not training and eating correctly!

Alright - long overdue - guidelines for a cutting cycle:

I might not have too much new and groundbreaking stuff to offer here - no need to be controversial just for the sake of being controversial, but I'm going to sum up the most important points to consider when
constructing your cycle.

- Diet will not be covered here, this is an AAS thread. Suffice it to say that you should create a calorie deficit to lose fat. Higher dosages of AAS and auxillary drugs allows a higher calorie deficit, and hence a higher net fat loss with minimal muscle loss.

- Training will also not be covered here. Suffice it to say that I tend to favor higher intensities than most authors, while lowering volume for core exercises. This is to maintain sarcomere hypertrophy - or "quality muscle" for the technically challenged of you... For auxillary exercises I choose a higher rep range, and increase volume and rep range closer to a contest (still keeping reps low and intensity high for core exercises) to increase sarcoplasmic hypertrophy - or non-functional muscle mass.

- Cycle length: Dependent on your current bf% levels, you might choose short, intermittent 2 week cycles to stay in a target range - or go all the way with an 8-12 week cycle as the fat pig you are... It is also more logical to do cycles in the 3-7 week range when fat loss is the goal, as compared to 'bulking' cycles - where I usually find this range ineffective. Dieting can be tough on you both physically and psychically, so you might find it more rewarding to do shorter cycles...

A fat loss of 2lbs/week is more comfortable, and could be obtained naturally. A more radical fat loss of up to 5-10lbs/week can be achieved short-term by using higher dosages of AAS, E/C, amphetamine (yep, that's what I said), T3, and DNP. For DNP - read the articles on this website, I don't really like it too much. Ephedrine/Caffeine is probably the most researched lipolytic/thermogenic agent out there, and has a synergistic benefit when stacked with T3. I actually like DL-norephedrine better as an ephedrine alkaloid for various reasons, and find it very effective stacked with yohimbine and caffeine (as those who used the old Adipokinetix can relate to).

- Choice of steroid. There really aren't any intrinsic fat-burning properties of any compounds that makes them better than the others. The only studies I know of have shown slight lipolytic properties of Oxandrolone more so than Testosterone more so than Nandrolone. This property probably exists with ALL compounds, so drug choice wouldn't be determined from this aspect of their use. What I believe to be important is to reduce the amount of aromatizable and progestagenic compounds, which means you should stay away from (high) dosages of Testosterone, Dianabol, Anadrol, and Deca. The reasoning is that estrogenic/progestagenic side-effects makes it more difficult to monitor bf%-change, and in some pathways have been shown to hamper lipolysis. This is what the 'hardening' effect commonly observed from compounds such as Trenbolone and Winstrol is.

I DO believe, however, in maintaining proper functions related to Test levels in the body - so lower dosages of Testosterone is recommended. About 250-500mg/week depending on factors discussed below. You need plenty of AR-activity to maintain muscle mass, though - and there are certainly benefits from including compounds efficient in non-AR mediated activites too - so my main choices would be (in order of cost/benefit ratio and efficiency):

Trenbolone, Winstrol, Masteron, Primobolan, Equipoise, Anavar. There are many more, including variations of the above - but these are my main choices.

- Dosages: I bet you all were anxious to see what I had to say here, huh? I remember the beginning, when my 'gram a week' recommendations stirred so much emotion... Aaaahh...those were the days...the good, ole' times... Don't worry - here is the lowdown: Once you have decided on a 'cutting' cycle - you have shifted your focus from that of increasing muscle mass at an optimal rate, with minimal fat gain - to that of MAINTAINING muscle mass while losing as much fat as possible. Hence, you lower the dosages...It would be both illogical AND a waste of good gear to use dosages targeted towards 'bulking' (with the diet and training to support that goal). Were you to use Testosterone only, 500mg/week is the basic dosage - but if you remember what I said above, I prefer a lower dosage of aromatizable AAS while implementing compounds which don't cause estrogenic and/or progestagenic side-effects. Trenbolone, as mentioned numerous times, is more potent at the AR - and is my main
choice in a cutting cycle as well (you probably know by now that I'm a big fan of it...) With the choice of other compounds, you calculate total dosage by factoring in both their potency and efficiency in other pathways of growth support. Obviously you increase total dosage the more advanced and further beyond your genetic potential you are, too - a 280lbs professional bodybuilder might need 1000mg/week of Testosterone to maintain his muscle mass. A general example for a 220lbs athlete @ 15%bf:

Weeks 1-6: 250mg/week of Testosterone
Weeks 1-6: 50-75mg/EOD of Trenbolone OR 300-400mg/week of Primobolan (less effective, but many find it easier on the system than TA)
Weeks 1-6: 30-50mg/day of Winstrol (synergistic benefits and various modes of action observed with
Winstrol only...)

T3 is an important auxillary drug to increase lipolysis and macronutrient utilization - and for a 'cutting' cycle, you up the dosage to 75-150mcg/day in a pyramid fashion (i.e. start at 25mcg/day and increase the dosage every 3-5 days until you reach the target dosage, then taper in the same fashion). You might consider upping total AAS levels with the higher range of T3, to counter the increased protein oxidation - and this goes for a higher calorie deficit also, as mentioned above.

Regards,

these are very good guidelines for a beginner

man you post some long artcles bro. hehehe

thanks there is some good stuff in there.

As usual, a long, but well worth it read. :D

It makes me wonder about potentially "bumping" up the dose...

Thanks again for the info and post, Magoo!

---slide---

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner