advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

blast and cruise or just blast, blast blast???

If pure mass is your only goal then of course blasting is going to be more effective.

And by effective I mean more muscle.

Health wise - its all determined by genetics. Some get lucky, some don't. Blood work will give you a pretty decent picture of your overall health. If you're good to go, then keep blasting, if not then cruise for a couple months and give your body a break.

If you max out a dose you dont necessarily have to up the dosage... Simply switch compounds. Theres a million ways to run 2 grams of gear, constantly switch things up to keep the gains coming.

All this information is written in Big A's "Growth for Beginners" thread. I suggest you take a look at it and read up.

i have tried switching doses and compounds (not that much though)

just seems like gains are so slow, plus i already read that big a thread, why does he or the over top bbers on here every reply to steroid threads?

am not sure if this is because im reaching my max or because am burnt out or something and need a break

am gonna go back to blast and cruise but i have abit of a dilemer (sp)...

my mate wants me to start a cut with him in 4 weeks (he thinks he will stick to it if we do one together)

so wat should i do?

drop all my gear now and just do 150mg test for 4 weeks

then cut for 10 weeks on 500mg test 400mg tren

then cruise or blast? ill miss out on rebound gains if i cruise after a cut wont i?

Because they understand that once you are blasting at high enough levels, its much more about upping the calories than the dose....

I'm pretty familiar with understanding the need to eat more along with a dosage increase. Even when I do that, after 8-10 weeks of being on and making muscle gains, the majority of that weight gained after that is not muscle, even though everything had been working fine up to that point without changing a thing. I could up the dose and eat more, but I can only do that so many times before doses and food intake are ridiculous.

Your body struggles to stay in homeostasis, there are a cascade of events that occur after being on high dose AAS for a while, such as increased cortisol, elevated myostatin, elevated SHBG, and probably a bunch of other things we don't even know about. The body is incredibly complex, and just eating some more food and bumping the dose only goes so far for so long.

What do you think guys end up doing with the blast, blast, blast, eat, eat, eat method? 50g of total AAS per week and 25,000 calories of food per day eventually? Eventually you have to stop and rest, no one including top pros is immune to that.
I would bet that every pro comes off for at least a very short time now and then.

Last edited:
am 5f11 and have abs so maybe around 10% not sure

i started on 1.5gtest, 1g eq, 1g deca and blow up

then added dbol (so 4g) an felt ill so lowered dose down to 2.5g which was 1g test, 1g eq, 500mg tren

the last month though iv just been doing 200mg tren, 500 test, 750 eq, 500deca

also am 228ib, i worked it out wrong, i live in uk am 16.4stone

Last edited:
I'm pretty familiar with understanding the need to eat more along with a dosage increase. Even when I do that, after 8-10 weeks of being on and making muscle gains, the majority of that weight gained after that is not muscle, even though everything had been working fine up to that point without changing a thing. I could up the dose and eat more, but I can only do that so many times before doses and food intake are ridiculous.

Your body struggles to stay in homeostasis, there are a cascade of events that occur after being on high dose AAS for a while, such as increased cortisol, elevated myostatin, elevated SHBG, and probably a bunch of other things we don't even know about. The body is incredibly complex, and just eating some more food and bumping the dose only goes so far for so long.

What do you think guys end up doing with the blast, blast, blast, eat, eat, eat method? 50g of total AAS per week and 25,000 calories of food per day eventually? Eventually you have to stop and rest, no one including top pros is immune to that.
I would bet that every pro comes off for at least a very short time now and then.

Good post, couldn't agree more. I make awesome gains for 7 or 8 weeks, then even double dose and gains still come to stand still. 2 month cruise back on original dose and platue broken :) obviously dose has to go up eventually but I'm a gh and slin man so about a gram or so enough for now. Lots of gh though :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Good post, couldn't agree more. I make awesome gains for 7 or 8 weeks, then even double dose and gains still come to stand still. 2 month cruise back on original dose and platue broken :) obviously dose has to go up eventually but I'm a gh and slin man so about a gram or so enough for now. Lots of gh though :D

I was just about to ask you about this.

You truly believe that cruising in between somehow "resets" your blast dosage so that it becomes effective again?

For example

Person 1: Starts at 200 lbs, blasts one gram of gear, stalls at 220, ups to 1.5 grams for 8 more weeks, stalls at 230, ups to 2 grams for 8 more weeks, stalls at 235, etc etc

Person 2 (your proposed method): Starts at 200 lbs, blasts one gram of gear, stalls at 220, cruises for 8 weeks and ends at 212, blasts a gram again, stalls at 227, cruises for 8 weeks and ends at 219, blasts a gram gets up to 230, etc etc

Is cruising truly effective like that for you? (or something similar, i pulled those numbers out of my ass)

And for all you old dogs and nitpickers, I'll make sure to say that I am strictly speaking about gear here, not diet and training. I'm going to assume that we all understand that with more gear comes more hunger aka more food intake and more intense training which all 3 leads to more growth:p

i have tried switching doses and compounds (not that much though)

just seems like gains are so slow, plus i already read that big a thread, why does he or the over top bbers on here every reply to steroid threads?

am not sure if this is because im reaching my max or because am burnt out or something and need a break

am gonna go back to blast and cruise but i have abit of a dilemer (sp)...

my mate wants me to start a cut with him in 4 weeks (he thinks he will stick to it if we do one together)

so wat should i do?

drop all my gear now and just do 150mg test for 4 weeks

then cut for 10 weeks on 500mg test 400mg tren

then cruise or blast? ill miss out on rebound gains if i cruise after a cut wont i?

I would definitely do a cut if you have stalled out. That is a GREAT method.

Shelby has an awesome article on "set points". I believe its on T-nation. He explains how after you stall out and hold that heavier weight for a while you essentially resetting your bodies natural set point. Then he recommends cutting down and taking advantage of the growth phase after your cut and then eventually growing again until you stall and hold that heavy weight again for awhile and restart the process. You'll continue to increase your set points which will help you to continue blowing past your previous weights

I would definitely do a cut if you have stalled out. That is a GREAT method.

Shelby has an awesome article on "set points". I believe its on T-nation. He explains how after you stall out and hold that heavier weight for a while you essentially resetting your bodies natural set point. Then he recommends cutting down and taking advantage of the growth phase after your cut and then eventually growing again until you stall and hold that heavy weight again for awhile and restart the process. You'll continue to increase your set points which will help you to continue blowing past your previous weights

nice one, ill try find it

I was just about to ask you about this.

You truly believe that cruising in between somehow "resets" your blast dosage so that it becomes effective again?

For example

Person 1: Starts at 200 lbs, blasts one gram of gear, stalls at 220, ups to 1.5 grams for 8 more weeks, stalls at 230, ups to 2 grams for 8 more weeks, stalls at 235, etc etc

Person 2 (your proposed method): Starts at 200 lbs, blasts one gram of gear, stalls at 220, cruises for 8 weeks and ends at 212, blasts a gram again, stalls at 227, cruises for 8 weeks and ends at 219, blasts a gram gets up to 230, etc etc

Is cruising truly effective like that for you? (or something similar, i pulled those numbers out of my ass)

I absolutely belive this 100% many of the reasons I belive this you layed our in your post anyway. Kinda like an alcoholic who needs 3 bottles of whisky to get pissed. If he cruises on 2 pints of 3% beer for 8 weeks he could drink 2 bottles of whisky and break his precious drunken platue. The body will adapt to anything and also unadapt. A couple of weeks of notraining can even break platues or a month of no squats etc. It's all about unadaption in my eyes. As a factory worker with a son to support and a gh habit I'm always looking for ways to increase efficiency of my gear. As I think it was you posted , it's all about set points. I'm also a big believer in cutting when you a
Stall as you said in above post. I'm starting cruise today and actually looking forward too it. Just 100 tren 100 test e and ghrp2 /modgrf. Going to focus on insulin sensitivity and staying below 10%.Then 10iu gh ed with pre workout slin and some tren and npp. I'll be like a sponge.

Another route is switching compounds I guess but I'm a get in, hit it hard, get out guy. I am aksoyone of those people that becomes immune to things real quick, i will never blast over 8 weeks again. After my second eca I never felt them again, same with any pre workout drinks.

Last edited:
is 150mg enough to hold on to muscle if your a lean 220ib?

Well, I was a lean 240 lbs and needed about 250 mg/week to maintain what I had but it was unsafe and I had a heart attack the year I was doing that.

You might lose some on the 150 mg/wk, but youre at least going to feel normal and be healthy. The loss would be nowhere near what happens if you go off comepletely because usually your test levels don't return to normal before you next cycle. Run steroids too long and you never recover normal test levels. Im on HRT for life now and my heart is ruined. I am now seeing about getting on a heart transplant list.

Ur basing that on what?

Im basing that on the fact that 2000mg of anabolics per week is an awful amount of gear for someone 220lbs.

depending on how tall he is.

Im basing that on the fact that 2000mg of anabolics per week is an awful amount of gear for someone 220lbs.

depending on how tall he is.

What world are you in. Not everyone is over 6ft... most bb's are 5ft 8 or so... many alot smaller. BBoy is around 200 pounds at a contest. Most of the guys I know who are 220 pounds and ripped are on about 2g gear. Sure if your very tall that is different. Alot of huge guys I know are about 14-15st but short. I think if you saw a list of everyone on here on 2g and over and their weight you would be very surprised.

Last edited:
I think people would be surprised just how many guys blast all year on here. Added to that the amount who blast say 9-10 months a year. I know quite a few guys who blast all or most of the year (lots of popular guys on here too). I personally think it is best to blast and cruise for the reasons people have mentioned already. Jay was spot on about set points. There is only so much time you can up the dose or up the food. There will be numerous times we hit a plateau... we must change to continue progressing. Change the diet, training, gear used, dose, rest etc.

I think mini cuts are one of the best methods of continuing progress. It's not healthy blasting away. If your making lots of money from your bosy then that may be a sacrifice for as much muscle as possible. But even in that situation I think breaks are optimal and keep things fresh. Taxing your body all the time with tonnes of chemicals etc will lower the effectiveness of everything. Changing and adapting are key. Short estered blasts with small cruise combined with some longer progressive cycles. Even breaks with the food and training are needed for optimal results imo. Now I just need to follow my own advice :D

i may have read this wrong but you say your 220lbs and your using 2g of gear per week? that seems a bit excessive?

Sorry we don't all have your amazing genetics and can get to 220lbs on TRT

What world are you in. Not everyone is over 6ft... most bb's are 5ft 8 or so. BBoy is around 200 pounds at a contest. Most of the guys I know who are 220 pounds and ripped are on about 2g gear. Sure if your very tall that is different. Alot of huge guys I know are about 14-15st but short. I think if you saw a list of everyone on here on 2g and over and their weight you would be very surprised.

shit. good point, 220lbs at 5'7-5'8 is actually pretty damn huge. hell did i seriously not even think of the guys on the 212 olympia stage....

shit. good point, 220lbs at 5'7-5'8 is actually pretty damn huge. hell did i seriously not even think of the guys on the 212 olympia stage....

Exactly :D The 212 guys and when it was 202. These are some freaky wide people with tonnes of muscle... and they are on alot more than 2g.

Yea man, height is EVERYTHING. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say their weight without listing how tall they are. That really says nothing about their size or even how lean they are really. I am 5'10 and 220lbs lean and needed slightly more than 2g of gear to get to this point. If you think that's excessive, well then it's because I am not in the high echelon of genetic responders to gear. I'd say it's pretty average. Also, 2g of gear really doesn't say much without knowing what steroids were part of those 2 grams.

Last edited:
Yea man, height is EVERYTHING. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say their weight without listing how tall they are. That really says nothing about their size or even how lean they are really. I am 5'10 and 220lbs lean and needed slightly more than 2g of gear to get to this point. If you think that's excessive, well then it's because I am not in the high echelon of genetic responders to gear. I'd say it's pretty average. Also, 2g of gear really doesn't say much without knowing what steroids were part of those 2 grams.

yes of course, i think if you ran 1g of tren and 1g of test its a hell of a lot different as opposed to 1g of eq and 500mg test with 500mg primo right?

or something like that, i just pulled those dosages from thin air.

but i get the picture now, i have been educated.

and for your funny/sarcastic comment about me having good genetics, i might just have the worst genetics on the board. and i got to 220 naturally, started drugs around 223lb i think... not sure.

yes of course, i think if you ran 1g of tren and 1g of test its a hell of a lot different as opposed to 1g of eq and 500mg test with 500mg primo right?

or something like that, i just pulled those dosages from thin air.

but i get the picture now, i have been educated.

and for your funny/sarcastic comment about me having good genetics, i might just have the worst genetics on the board. and i got to 220 naturally, started drugs around 223lb i think... not sure.

Worst genetics on the board? LOL

You really are living in fantasy land.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members