over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blast/Cruise vs. PCT

cobe16

Newbies
Hey guys

I’ve been lurking long enough, figure its time I made my first post haha

24 years old, 5’8, 217 (as of this am) sub 10% bf

Here’s my situation:

I’ve been on since July 1/2012. Blasted from that date to Nov.1/12 (pre contest) and cruised on 200week test from Nov 1/12 to Jan 5th /13. Currently running 400 test & 600 eq/ week. I was planning on running this until March 25th/2013 (12 weeks) and either cruising on low test OR PCT’ing for 14 weeks and going back on 16 weeks out from my next show. I had run 2- 12 week on 16 week off cycles prior to that and noticed few ill effects in my time off. Had bloods done 3 weeks ago while on cruising and everything came back in acceptable ranges.

What I need to know is this:
- Can an effective PCT done in be done in 3 months after having been on nearly 8 consecutive months?
- Is there any point to coming off entirely for that long?

Specifically for long term blast/cruisers:
- What are the risks/rewards to staying on for extended periods of time?
- At what point did you decide that you were basically never coming off?
- Have you come off after long periods of time on and what were your experiences like?
- If successful please share what PCT you found most effective. (or point me in the direction of threads detailing them)

Goals: Be as good of a bodybuilder as sensible dosing/long term health will allow. Not concerned with fertility. My fiancé and I have long term plans that don’t involve children whatsoever.

Thanks guys!

I started around the same time as you and been on ever since. I like blasting and cruising. I tried PCT, gave it up after 2 weeks and started cruising as I got pretty emotional and broke out in bad acne from clomid. Did 2 blasts, a 10 week and a 12 week. Blood work looked great so I stayed on. Its a split topic and you will get alot of people telling you to wait as you are young, but its up to you. If you see yourself staying on for life, want to stay on, and want to compete then do it. But if you are undecided on it just keep cycling.

As for your questions:
- Can an effective PCT done in be done in 3 months after having been on nearly 8 consecutive months?

Yes you can, it wont be an easy recovery but who knows how you will react. Get HCG, Clomid, and nolva. You are going to need them and use them for quite a while. If you want to come off though, Id suggest start the HCG now and run that at 500-1000 IUs a week for 5-6 weeks and then again after the next few weeks and you start your pct I would use it then as well. There are a few threads here about coming off after years of use such as 7+ and they discuss it.

- Is there any point to coming off entirely for that long?
Its all a personal choice again. You will probably continuing cycling, and so you can come off and go through the hormonal changes every few months and trying to restart your system, or blast and cruise. If you plan on competing in the near future Id say just blast and cruise.

Cant give many answers on long term blasting and cruising as I haven't been on for more than a year, but I will give personal input. I decided to stay on after that PCT and a few convincing posts from guys on this board and another. I think Alphamale dog helped persuade me as he preached that approach, but hes banned here now. I will probably come off for a while soon just to give myself a break, but I know Ill be back on. I also have been using HCG on and off every 6-8 weeks so I dont think recovery would be out of the picture at all. Just make sure you get blood work done every few months to check on health and body response to the blasting and cruising.

For fertility it seems a mixed topic on becoming sterile on AAS as many people have children in the middle of a blast or cycle even if they have been on for years. No one really seems to have an issue having kids from what I have read, just something to think about on the kids topic even if you dont want them now, you never know in 8 years that can change.

I think in the long run, blasting and cruising is the healthier method if you plan on staying on for life and running HRT.

Thanks for the detailed response. I'm conflicted. While i don't believe i'd have an issue being on HRT for life (self prescribed or otherwise) its not necessarily a commitment i want to make at 24y/o.

I generally avoid harsher compounds and orals, so I believe that I can make blasting and cruising a healthy (ish) lifestyle as long as I keep dosages reasonable and do something like 12week/12week blast cruise periods and rotate compounds.

Once again, thanks for your input!

At 26 I became reliant on hrt due to a year of staying on. If I could go back I'd stick with short cycles. At 24 I'd do pct with at least 3 months off to see what your body is still able to produce. Triptorelin/tamoxifen has been the only thing that got my lh/fsh into normal range. If it were me, I'd start hcg/aromasin now, upon cessation of aas I'd do trip/tamox for a month, then off completely(other than humanofort) for 2 more months. Check bloods at this point, then make a decision at that point.

Thanks for the input. Is your HRT prescribed? have you suffered any other long term health effects?

It's was initially, but I do it myself now. HDL is low, which is very bad long term. Joint problems.

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess i need to man up and either jump off for a while, or make my peace with hrt...hmmm.

At 26 I became reliant on hrt due to a year of staying on. If I could go back I'd stick with short cycles. At 24 I'd do pct with at least 3 months off to see what your body is still able to produce. Triptorelin/tamoxifen has been the only thing that got my lh/fsh into normal range. If it were me, I'd start hcg/aromasin now, upon cessation of aas I'd do trip/tamox for a month, then off completely(other than humanofort) for 2 more months. Check bloods at this point, then make a decision at that point.

Ridge - how did you run triptorelin? Always wanted to try it.

At your age, definately do a good PCT. If you have no pro ambitions and want to be sure you can have kids one day don't go on TRT.

At your age, definately do a good PCT. If you have no pro ambitions and want to be sure you can have kids one day don't go on TRT.
I agree with Rob. I'm 32 now and feel very differently about certain life issues that i felt REALLY strongly about at 25 or 26.

You want to at least have the options down the road

OK, So i've decided that i'm going to do a PCT starting March 13th for 16 weeks, and then go back on july 13th (16 weeks out from my provincial Championships in NOV/13)

OK, So i've decided that i'm going to do a PCT starting March 13th for 16 weeks, and then go back on july 13th (16 weeks out from my provincial Championships in NOV/13)

Does that mean all aas will be completely cleared from your body on March 13th. If it does, then sounds like a good plan, but you should plan your blood work, not when you will go back on. Get results, analyze them, then decide what to do from there.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131