advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blending all your foods during off season?

If you swirl the puree around in your mouth for a few seconds and imitate the chewing movement, that would help mitigate the issue, right?
Somewhat, but not to nearly the same degree as actually chewing your food.

I personally wouldn't blend meats. I see people are going on about chewing etc. For members who still want to do the shakes I have a suggestion. Quite simple but over looked. You use a small amount of water (experiment) and you include some ingredients that will still need to be chewed. Obviously not as good as chewing meat but much better than trying to chew a liquid. I suggest certain vegetables such as broccoli and even frozen mixed berries. Nuts are a fantastic choice as well. You simply mix the solution then you add these items in to be mixed for approx 5 secs and it gives you are thicker and more chewable texture for your shakes.

On a somewhat related note, any of y’all try the RedCon1 MRE? Assuming they not full of shit re: the ingredients and macros, it looks to be a legit whole food blended meal replacement. I got the sweet potato pie a few days ago. Taste is pretty good, a little grainy cause of the oats I assume, but def worth a try.

Gross lol. But I once Blended tuna and plain flavored soy protein. Anyways the best thing to do is blend your dry oats with a ninja then put it right back into your oats container every time you make a shake add a scoop of that when it's pre-blended it's like dust

On a somewhat related note, any of y’all try the RedCon1 MRE? Assuming they not full of shit re: the ingredients and macros, it looks to be a legit whole food blended meal replacement. I got the sweet potato pie a few days ago. Taste is pretty good, a little grainy cause of the oats I assume, but def worth a try.
I got some, blueberry cobbler flavor. I also got carnivore mass big steer. I think something like those is better than just blending up actual food? I think I still had to hit up taco bell after I drank my MRE to try and kill a hunger pain the other night.. I'd switch twitch to MRE and weight gainers and just eat veggie meals before I blended everything if getting in the cals/protein was somehow a problem? But I been fighting hunger pains on a bulk so I don't guess I got that problem...

I got some, blueberry cobbler flavor. I also got carnivore mass big steer. I think something like those is better than just blending up actual food? I think I still had to hit up taco bell after I drank my MRE to try and kill a hunger pain the other night.. I'd switch twitch to MRE and weight gainers and just eat veggie meals before I blended everything if getting in the cals/protein was somehow a problem? But I been fighting hunger pains on a bulk so I don't guess I got that problem...

If you want to remain full for longer I would use some of those powders but add fats (mac or olive oil for example). Basically higher fats to go with the carbs. You could do what I do and eat big bowls of granola as they also contain plenty of fats (nuts, dark chocolate etc) with high carbs (oats, honey, dried fruit, rice etc). Although I would only recommend high fat with carb meals for certain times as you want your foods to generally be processed/digested quickly so you can reach your total macros for the day.

Its deceptive. The product is comprised of 90% oats and ground up bones (gelatin), tendons, etc. Been protein isolate (the kind they, and most others) is not made from ANY actual beef flesh. It is is nothing but gelatin, tendons, etc. It isn't a even a complete protein source. There is a reason that it s the cheapest protein source on the market. LOL. It's absolute garbage.

Basically, you are basically paying a lot of money for oats and unusable protein. As far as the other "whole grains, fruits, vegetables, etc"....it contains just a sprinkle of them.

Great marketing, but a true whole food meal replacement utilizing a variety of high quality whole-food protein sources, whole grains, fruits, vegetables and healthy fats cannot be made cost-effectively. I tried. The price I got back from the manufacturer was $115 a container...MY COST! LOL. I ooked at all the options...and the ONLY way to make a product like this without it costing way too much is to make it contain almost entirely oats and whey concentrate...or oats and beef protein isolate (bonus, connective tissue, etc.). You could use something like rice powder instead, but the taste isn't as good. Using sweet potatoes (in any meaningful quantity) and real wole-food protein sources just can't be done cost-effectively.

Its deceptive. The product is comprised of 90% oats and ground up bones (gelatin), tendons, etc. Been protein isolate (the kind they, and most others) is not made from ANY actual beef flesh. It is is nothing but gelatin, tendons, etc. It isn't a even a complete protein source. There is a reason that it s the cheapest protein source on the market. LOL. It's absolute garbage.

Basically, you are basically paying a lot of money for oats and unusable protein. As far as the other "whole grains, fruits, vegetables, etc"....it contains just a sprinkle of them.

Great marketing, but a true whole food meal replacement utilizing a variety of high quality whole-food protein sources, whole grains, fruits, vegetables and healthy fats cannot be made cost-effectively. I tried. The price I got back from the manufacturer was $115 a container...MY COST! LOL. I ooked at all the options...and the ONLY way to make a product like this without it costing way too much is to make it contain almost entirely oats and whey concentrate...or oats and beef protein isolate (bonus, connective tissue, etc.). You could use something like rice powder instead, but the taste isn't as good. Using sweet potatoes (in any meaningful quantity) and real wole-food protein sources just can't be done cost-effectively.

The protein is truly unusable? Amino profile is bullshit?

there's a SHW competitor i follow on IG who always posts videos of him blending gross stuff. last one i saw was him blending chicken, beans, olive oil and rice. looked nasty but i swear he just posts it to be hardcore haha.

honestly, i think it can have SOME benefit if you are really pushing cals in the 6k+ range and have a shit appetite, but at that point just flip back and forth between shakes and whole food meals. i'm close to 6k right now and thats how i do it. TrueNutrition blended protein shake + a couple bagels and PB, 2 hours later its ground beef + avocado and rice. rotate back and forth and you can get it in. drinking your cals always works OR just increase your intraWO shake macros.

Can you share the Instagram account of this particular competitor?

I am interested on this subject and have been doing this for many years.. For many many reasons.

I would not mind contributing with all the right recipes and combos that will possibly make you crave these meals as I have been a member on here for many years but not posted a lot.. With regards to this subject I deem I know what I am doing but I also prefer my food this way.. Rarely chew again for many reasons...

Again in case you care I will expand more Into the topic, well beyond just blending food, and yes absorbable/bioavailability etc..

Have done a lot of research and what I do is bouncing ideas from Rhonda Patrick and other respectable sources..

There is just no better way to get the calories IN

I’ve been drinking chicken shakes for over a decade. 6 ounce boiled chicken breast, 1 scoop whey isolate, 1/2 cup white rice flour, sometimes olive oil if I want the calories, and blend with water. I do this 2-3 times a day

I’ve been drinking chicken shakes for over a decade. 6 ounce boiled chicken breast, 1 scoop whey isolate, 1/2 cup white rice flour, sometimes olive oil if I want the calories, and blend with water. I do this 2-3 times a day
I seriously wish I had one of these right now. Just got home from the gym and I’m too wiped out to cook. I’m going to have a shake and a couple tablespoons of peanut butter, then go to sleep here at 7pm like the old man I am. 😀

That’s what I do. This is my first and last meal of the day every day. I’ve never had much of an appetite first thing in the am, and at night I’m usually still somewhat fullish from my second to last meal and the idea of sitting and eating a meal blows. These are done in 5 seconds

Little amount of olive oil/ heavy whipping cream slows the digestion down just bit to make the shake digest better. I do one of those once a day.

My first question is if you guys are trying to increase calories and put on lean muscle tissue why in the hell are you eating garbage ass chicken? BEEF BEEF BEEF and more BEEF! Way more caloric dense, way more nutrient dense, way better omega 3 to 6 ratio! Drop the garbage yard bird and eat cow and venison, and salmon, whole eggs. Get your protein in, eat enough carbs to sustain hard training then make up your calories through healthy fat sources. Fuck blending your food.

Right on! If you hunt you can get the best quality and best tasting protein. I can’t imagine blending up food - if I takes that I’ll do without the gains. But it doesn’t
That said - I doubt it hurts anything and if it’s what you want to do go for it. My wife is a fit nut - loves to cook and has creole blood so she can make anything taste good. She buys and stocks more spices than you would believe.

Ya, I guess you would first need to ask yourself why your wanting to blend your 'food'? If your blending really food, like beef, chicken, rice, veggies etc I would first look at your approach here. It seems the reason for blending the food would be to increase the amount you can get down the hatch? or maybe make it easier to get it down the hatch?... One person here mentioned that if your trying to blend up real food, your going to need a ton of water to get it to puree to a point where you can drink it. The added water would create a lot more volume I would think, thus slowing down the digestion of it. I know if you have a belly full of water it takes longer for the enzymes in the gut to break things down and process the food.

However, I have sympathy for this dilemma as I have had times. when I was really trying to force calories down the hatch and I'd have done anything to get more food down. When your force feeding you don't give 2 shits about taste or texture, you just want the food in your belly working for you. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and blend up a huge shake full of Protien powder, raw oats, milk, peanut butter and bananas. It was not great tasting, and the texture was like cement, but I got it down.. Many years later I started to understand that I could accomplish the task of getting in more calories by supplementing with fats, oils, and a few other things. If I was going to force feed myself again I would probably try to eat 3-4 real food meals each day + 2 shakes. The shakes would be a protein powder, water, and some kind of oil like a Mac nut, olive, avocado, or almond oil, maybe and oz or 2 and a scoop or 2 of greek yogurt. Taking in the shakes like this with calorie dense oils would have a better effect as it would not bloat your tummy, the fats are going to help with general health, and when it comes time to eat a real food meal again, you wont feel like you still have a belly full of food.

Ya, I guess you would first need to ask yourself why your wanting to blend your 'food'? If your blending really food, like beef, chicken, rice, veggies etc I would first look at your approach here. It seems the reason for blending the food would be to increase the amount you can get down the hatch? or maybe make it easier to get it down the hatch?... One person here mentioned that if your trying to blend up real food, your going to need a ton of water to get it to puree to a point where you can drink it. The added water would create a lot more volume I would think, thus slowing down the digestion of it. I know if you have a belly full of water it takes longer for the enzymes in the gut to break things down and process the food.

However, I have sympathy for this dilemma as I have had times. when I was really trying to force calories down the hatch and I'd have done anything to get more food down. When your force feeding you don't give 2 shits about taste or texture, you just want the food in your belly working for you. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and blend up a huge shake full of Protien powder, raw oats, milk, peanut butter and bananas. It was not great tasting, and the texture was like cement, but I got it down.. Many years later I started to understand that I could accomplish the task of getting in more calories by supplementing with fats, oils, and a few other things. If I was going to force feed myself again I would probably try to eat 3-4 real food meals each day + 2 shakes. The shakes would be a protein powder, water, and some kind of oil like a Mac nut, olive, avocado, or almond oil, maybe and oz or 2 and a scoop or 2 of greek yogurt. Taking in the shakes like this with calorie dense oils would have a better effect as it would not bloat your tummy, the fats are going to help with general health, and when it comes time to eat a real food meal again, you wont feel like you still have a belly full of food.
I use the same amount of liquid to blend up my chicken shakes as most people would use to make a regular shake. 12 ounces of apple juice or oj with 5-6 ounces chicken breast and a scoop of protein powder blends up just fine

blended chicken and rice? I would probably vomit before it went down. We eat mush coming into this world as a baby. Some will eat mush on their way out, no way am I eating mush by choice. I don`t have that much dedication to jamming down calories. Kuddos to you!

I don`t see any health reasons or negatives to eating your food pureed. A blender/food processor will do a better job than your teeth and will allow you to get down more food especially raw greens and protein, that can be time consuming to eat.

It's not. When I had surgery. I think it was my hernia. Anyway, I didn't have any appetite and I would boil 10 pounds of chicken and blend up some of it two to three times a day. Tastes like chicken noodle soup I swear. You will need a nutribullet or something similar.

Blaine Summer is the shw power lifter who blends his food. I’m pretty sure it’s because it’s the easiest way for him to take in the amount of calories he needs daily.

I used to do canned tuna in v8 juice back in the day, wasn’t bad.
Wouldn’t do it now cause I’m simply not interested in “bulking” anymore.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear