advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blending all your foods during off season?

i think chewing is actually quite important in terms of propper digestion.
as ive gotten older its something i pay attention to and something i see people ( like normal ppl ) often neglect quite a bit.
geography i think also may have quite an impact on food quality.

i changed my entire life so that i could have cheaper access to steak n drugs! lol :D

Red meat is much higher in saturated fats than chicken breasts. It's also much more expensive than chicken in Europe. Venison in great, but again very expensive. I do eat a mix of chicken, pork and beef, but my staple remains lean chicken. I also eat a lot of Atlantic cod and occasionally some more expensive wild fish. Whole eggs are nice to have occasionally, but due to their high saturated fat and cholesterol content, they shouldn't be a staple. The evidence that saturated fats and dietary cholesterol increase cardiovascular mortality is now very solid.

Notably missing from your list are vegetables and nuts. These are not fun to chew. I eat a whole, minimally steamed, broccoli head every day. Very tired of chewing that shit. Same for apples.
This is professional muscle, I honestly didn't think I had to explain the importance of vegetables, especially it protective qualities when eaten with red meat.

Saturated fat and cholesterol? LOL you need to worry more about refined carbohydrates, sugar, and oxidized seed oils. BUT to each his own, eat your yard bird and be happy, you only get one life so live it YOUR WAY.

geography i think also may have quite an impact on food quality.

It 100% does. I live in Canada and our food standards are pretty solid. I had this discussion with a member at Intense Muscle years ago who lives in France. He said cow's milk is not refrigerated and has a shelf life of six months, and that eggs often have chicken shit and feathers still on them. Posted pictures too.

Lol YARD BIRD, just had me laughing. Now I don’t want to eat chicken. Lol

Lol YARD BIRD, just had me laughing. Now I don’t want to eat chicken. Lol
LOL yeah I can't really eat chicken anymore. I try different ways, but it's just hard to get down anymore for me.

There wouldn't even be a possibility of me blending it up like that lol. It sounds like that old fear factor type shit lol......not chicken soup :)

LOL yeah I can't really eat chicken anymore. I try different ways, but it's just hard to get down anymore for me.

There wouldn't even be a possibility of me blending it up like that lol. It sounds like that old fear factor type shit lol......not chicken soup :)

i struggle eating it also. My stomach burns thinking about blending it lol. After bboy comment of yard bird I will never look at chicken the same:giggle:

Hey, why not try this?

I do one meal a day blended.
I make a soup with REAL vegetables that I like to have in my diet, Carrots, zucchini, Celery, leeks ,etc... sometimes cooked in chicken broth.
I then add that to the blender with steamed rice and grilled chicken breasts...
I add Salts, cream, olive oil , Tabasco etc...Depending on what im doing at the time.
Blend, pour into a soup bowl, heat it up a little and eat it as a nutrient rich soup.
This is my 2nd meal of the day its delish been eating is as a soup for years.

It 100% does. I live in Canada and our food standards are pretty solid. I had this discussion with a member at Intense Muscle years ago who lives in France. He said cow's milk is not refrigerated and has a shelf life of six months, and that eggs often have chicken shit and feathers still on them. Posted pictures too.

yup yup
idk what eggs from in the states... cant eat them.
eggs that come with feathers n shit are gtg!
also milk in bags or boxes that is not refrigerated.

chicken has been changing recently and the techno chick makes me sick. chicken with feathers n blood is ok.

steak is changing too just not quite as fast or bad.
also foods here are not so much refrigerated or cared for, just sitting out for who knows how long and no issues.
never been to canada but its a pretty accepted fact that when ppl go to the usa they blow up lots of chems in usa food

i never blended food but i used to eat oatmeal and protein powder for a majority of my meals
just was cheap, tasted good and digested well. Also good nutrition, source of soluble fibre, low in fat, did everything i needed

I did the same, it is best to get calories easily and without problems.
works with cream of rice and grits too :)

only problem i found was in the summer it would suck to eat hot food all day. I'd feel like i was in a sauna the first 30 minutes after eating

Well, here's something I had not considered: In order for the blender to work properly, you need to add quite a bit of water to the foods you want to puree. Basically, that fluid merges with the food to form a paste/thick liquid. That means you are adding a lot of volume to the foods compared to eating them dry. That makes it even harder to get food in during bulks, and my stomach is in more discomfort after eating a large meal pureed rather than 'dry'.

Hence, I will only use the blender for certain foods, namely raw(ish) veggies like broccoli, nuts, and for fruits if I feel like making a nice smoothie.

Is there any reason not to blend your foods? I can think of 3 reasons not to: First, chewing may have some benefit for feeling satiated from a meal. Second, by chewing stuff you give your saliva time to pre-digest foods. Third, blending tasty foods like a piece of salmon or a steak would be a giant waste.

But when I'm in the off-season, I mostly eat foods that don't taste all that good, like rice, chicken, vegetables, nuts. I can definitely do without the texture of those foods on my tongue and just gulp it down. The fruits I eat are very tasty, but they are also great when blended into a smoothie. Also, I'm usually not hungry during bulks, so losing the satiating effect of chewing is not an issue. And the occasional cheat meal or tasty food you can eat solid. In order to still get the positive effects from saliva contact, you can swirl around blended food in your mouth a bit. The advantages are obviously saved time and potentially better digestion of hard to chew foods.

Any relevant factors I forgot? Are any of you into blending your foods regularly? Same during bulks and cuts?

You already stated the main reason for why we should never blend the majority of our foods; because it impairs digestion...and it does so through more than one mechanism.

First off, salivary enzymes initiate chemical digestion both during and after the mastication process. Secondly, the taste receptors are responsible for signaling and regulating the production/release of gastric (i.e. stomach acid), pancreatic (i.e digestive enzymes) and hepatic (i.e. bile) secretions, as well was insulin release, via ion channel and G protein-coupled receptor cascades.

In short, failing to properly chew your food impairs your body's ability to breakdown and absorb the nutrients within it.

You already stated the main reason for why we should never blend the majority of our foods; because it impairs digestion...and it does so through more than one mechanism.

First off, salivary enzymes initiate chemical digestion both during and after the mastication process. Secondly, the taste receptors are responsible for signaling and regulating the production/release of gastric (i.e. stomach acid), pancreatic (i.e digestive enzymes) and hepatic (i.e. bile) secretions, as well was insulin release, via ion channel and G protein-coupled receptor cascades.

In short, failing to properly chew your food impairs your body's ability to breakdown and absorb the nutrients within it.
If you swirl the puree around in your mouth for a few seconds and imitate the chewing movement, that would help mitigate the issue, right?

If you swirl the puree around in your mouth for a few seconds and imitate the chewing movement, that would help mitigate the issue, right?
From my experience the chewing action is what seems to stimulate the salivary glands. Possibly flavor as well. But when chewing it is in your mouth longer and would give it more time to produce saliva.

What bboy said

If you have to blend your foods (disgusting) your eating the wrong foods. 10lbs of chicken you could eat 5lbs of steak and get the same calories.

Proper food selection will get it down easily. Distention, gas, and looking pregnant rom clean foods force fed is worse than the .01 chance "dirty foods" will make you gain more fat.

Wanna share my favorite recipe so far:

- 1 head of broccoli, lightly steamed
- 1 whole avocado
- good handful of walnuts
- table spoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of raw garlic
- enough water to create a nice consistency somewhere between soup and puree.

Tastes pretty amazing considering how healthy it is. And energy dense, too.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear