over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood badasses and Stewie

chemical engineer

Registered
calling all blood result badass and stewie! Stewie gets his own badassery category! everything on my bloods were within range except, iron levels!
Iron and TIBC

Iron bind. Cap. {TIBC} 349 250-450
uibc 68 low 150-375
Iron, Serum 281 Alert 40 -155
Iron, Saturation 81%Alert 15- 55%

Labcorp. said it was empty iron stores. Need to dump iron. My doctor was not comfortable treating this. He does not think it is a major problem. He does not want me to dump blood till I see the CDC. I have an appointment on Aug. 11th. I think that is too long to wait. I got in a disagreement with the nurse. I want to give now. He was with the other patients. Im hoping he reconsiders and writes me a note!

I am pitching a no-hitter, top of the fifth!

By those values I would suspect iron poisoning, to what degree, I douno? It's not hemochromatosis, as usually we'll see a low TIBC. What was your glucose (was it less than 120 mg/dL?) The higher the glucose is indicative on the severity of IP (iron poisoning) elevated white blood cells and anion gap?

Your physician is referring you to the CDC and not a hematologist?

Thanks for responding! I fell about 80-90percent better! Every thing was in range(CBC ). Did not get a glucose reading ! I just read to donate blood, take milk thistle and calcium sups, and eat eggs to inhibit iron absorption! My doctor did not write a note for blood donation! I have an appointment for a blood doc on August 11th. I am going to try to donate early next week! I feel better but during a 4 day episode I made out my will! It was that bad!

Yes , I was refereed to the CDC! I'll also add , I have not been to the gym in 14 days! Longest in20 years! I am sure my HRT has something to do with it! I go 120mgs a week. Been pinning 200mgs for the last 8 weeks and now down to prescribed! I donated blood early march. My iron level was 14 at Red Cross . I put off donation and this hit me!

Last edited:
I'm guessing you meant your hemoglobin was 14g/dL? If so, that's a tad low. Almost anemic...

By no means am I giving a diagnosis, more so bringing to light possibilities. If it's an acute state of IP, I would look at your daily food intake, as well, the tap water you are drinking. I would discuss with whom ever the presiding physician may be, is to look at your copper levels. In some cases where a copper deficiency is present this will increase iron levels and chromium levels will decrease. If in the event there's a copper deficiency, your zinc levels need to be looked at also, as high zinc levels will lower copper stores.

How's your blood pressure and heart rate, as well your overall sense of wellbeing?

Edit: How's your alcohol intake?

Last edited:
During the episode(4 days). Bp and pulse was high! Nausea, extreme dizziness, could not eat! I forced down1000 calories a day! And fatigue. No temperature ! I'm about 15 beers a week . I have had very little and do not. Desire! I read where alcohols can disrupt the intestines where u store iron. It's almost like my body wanted me to cleanse because I desired nothing! About a month ago I started protein powder, one scoop a day! Has a little iron! I'm feeling about 80-90% better! I am starting to enjoy life now! I am going to test the Red Cross next week

Up date! Talk to my dr. He does not want me to donate blood! He wants me to wait till after my August 11th appr. He does not think it is a major deal! Reading between the lines (maybe get stewie s opinion ). He does not want to get my blood circulated in the public if something's wrong and some how it passes inspection! As I feel a lot better I will!

His concerns are valid in regards to the potential of mis-screening of your blood. I would suspect that if your white blood cell count was more than 14,000/mm3--15,000/mm3, or your LFT (liver function tests) was elevated he would expedite your appointment a little sooner. Considering it is isolated to the serum iron and stores (your ferritin levels would be helpful with a differential diagnosis). I have to favor his opinion. With that said I would still see if there's anyway to have your appointment moved up.

Thinking out loud: was you around any high concentration of aluminum?

Last edited:
Ferritin was 52. (30-400). White blood cells normal! 3 months ago the alt and ast was within range! Bothe between 30-35! Limiting iron intake and no more vitamin c. Juices!
Also my uptake of iron was good (350). Range 250-450

I also want to add, it's one hellava diet! I was about 10% body fat and lost about 10lbs! I don't recommend it but it works!

Your ferritin levels are of value and helpful in possibly eliminating other pathophysiological causes. Such as anemia of chronic diseases, an example would be sideroblastic anemia. With sideroblastic anemia your ferritin levels would be high with the same values of your other iron parameters ie: TIBC, UIBC, serum iron and saturation %.

I'm still stuck of the possibility of IP. Given that your WBC is normal, I have to again favor your physician's opinion. Not that I totally agree with the long wait period before your next appointment...

Thanks stewie! That's why I put you in your own category! I got the forms in the mail from the CDC! It is about one hour of documents to fill out! They said the appointment would take about 2 hours. Any insight on that would greatly appreciated and I will get back to the forums to tell of their findings !

If all values are good and symptoms persist, consider looking into anxiety disorder. They are extremely tricky to diagnose and identify. Have a wide variety of symptoms, and using your own reason and logic, your own brain has the ability to take over and convince you that you're sick.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131