over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood blister or infected muscle?

Simpllyhuge

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
So this might sound stupid. Yesterday while laying down a family member walked by and asked me what was in my shin?
So I look down and on the bottom of my shin is like a hard pimple, blister or bump?,it's pretty small? Dunno which.

A day passes and At a family members suggestions this morning I poke it twice with a needle and try to suck the blood out with slin pin. It doesn't work, so I try to squeeze it out in the shower using my hands
I forget about it all day and come home and its much bigger, I then try to peirce it with a 20 gauge and again lots of blood comes out but it's still swollen and I decided I am a moron and I will leave it alone. I was supposed to work out tonight but a family member who is a nurse said the muscle might be infected (sounds bullshit) and it could "spread" if I go and squat? Any way might go to the emergency room Tom just to play it safe if it doesn't go down. What do you think ? This is now at 8:30 at night. Gonna post another from a few hours ago
When I had the 20 through the tip.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358904390.382924.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry if that gross but where the hell did it come from? It can't be a bite, I live in NYC.

So any way turn out my heart rate was high from Adderal and Caffeine. They are trying to test my heart but I refused. I just told them it was the caffeine and I'm sure of it and that I'm just here for the infection.

I might be wrong, but it looks like an ingrown hair. I had one on my theigh and it got so bad I thought it was an abscess. then I pulled out a 4 inch hair and drains it. I would still go to the ER just to be safe. good luck.

Last edited:
Did you by chance open that up first by deadlifting (ie bar scraping the shin?)

The reason I ask is that it could be an infection from the bar, staph or something. Derek Poundstone recently ended up in the hospital with a major infection in his leg from this very thing.

Go and get it checked out just to be safe, let us know what it turns out to be!

Yeah I'm here now. I took caffeine an Adderal like an idiot before so now they are giving me an EKG cause my pulse was 140.
My temp was 96 then 97 which is weird cause I am on T3
Doc noticed I have gitters, prob fromT3 but to be honest I am always shaky and dont know why?
Haven't deadlifted in a few weeks.

Last edited:
I had sometthing like that on my shoulder when I was younger. How long did it bleed for after you lanced it with the 20pin? Mine would bleed for what seemed like hours. Turned out to be a blood vessel tumor thing. Cant remember the scientific name. Might just want to opt to se a skin Dr and or your primary over the er. One of those two diagnosed it and removed it. It was like a 20 minute out patient.

I went to the emergency room and they gave me anti bioethics, it was either A bug bite or I hit a bedpost or something by accident.
My pulse was like 140 from caffeine and Adderal and they were more concerned about that and had me on Intervenous saline bags.
Finally l pointed out that the infection was spreading up my shin rapidity since I had been there.
They gave an Intervenous anti biotic and let me leave with oral antibiotics.

I refused blood work because I didn't want my RBCs to show up. It took them a while to understand my reason but the doctor was cool. I also never told them about the Adderal.

So now I just have the antibiotics and it Stoped spreading. Was supposed to compete in my first power lifting comp this weekend but I guess not.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358976752.732196.jpg

Last edited:
How do you feel?

If it's your first meet and you have trained for it I say you should still go, just open light!

Did you by chance open that up first by deadlifting (ie bar scraping the shin?)

The reason I ask is that it could be an infection from the bar, staph or something. Derek Poundstone recently ended up in the hospital with a major infection in his leg from this very thing.

Go and get it checked out just to be safe, let us know what it turns out to be!

Agreed I was gonna say the same thing..

Looks like staph or even an Abcess...and before anyone freaks out not the IM type of abcess but naturally occurring ones.

Well if it wasn't infected the shit looks that way now jeez It is easy to get an infection hell I had a skin infection earlier this week from a damn pimple on my leg I popped it got bacteria in it and voila I have been on antibiotics all week.

Well I tried to pop it with a needle and made it much worse. I wasn't sure if that was before or after I took the pic above, I think before.
I went to the emergency room cause it was spreading up my shin. They gave me an Intervenouse anti biotic and antibiotics to take home.
I wouldn't let them do a CBC cause I knew my RBCs would be high and I didn't want it in my medical records for future career reasons.
Could high RBCs make a big difference in the healing or cause?
Also I'm not sure if this was from touching it or not but my lymph-node on my inner thigh is inflamed being so close to my left nut, I don't wanna get an Infected nut. I feel pulling in my left nut like my slight varicocele is acting up. Sorry for spelling And unorganized post my ADD is acting up. Will fix later.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359087509.053701.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359087537.753181.jpg

Last edited:
I bet it's from an ingrown hair that became infected. I get them a lot and one ended up turning into a staph infection. It looked identical to what you have except on my forearm. I still have a scar in that spot with no hair growing out of it.

Can high RBC's cause or make this worse?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member