advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Clot Gene Test (Prothrombin G20210A Mutation, Blood Test (Factor II)) Unavailable?

I have had this test placed in my cart on the lab testing api site for a minute and was going to check out when the site said the test is no longer available with no other information. I did a search on the Findlabtest site which has two tests the first being the test which is no longer offered and one more "Prothrombin (Factor II) 20210G A Mutation Analysis" which says DO NOT USE on the lab test details. Essentially both tests seem to be unavailable.

Can someone shed some light on this? What could the reason for this test being pulled be? I assume it could be replaced with a better alternative but then again anything is possible.

Maybe im looking at this the wrong way and it's still being offered but I am looking in the wrong place. The Factor 5 test is still available for whatever help that is worth.
For all PM members,
Both Factor V and Factor II are here. Also, SPRING20 saves you 20%. ;)
I also have no affiliation...I was just looking for Factor V and II a couple weeks ago and found them here and asked them if they had any promotions running.

For all PM members,
I also have no affiliation...I was just looking for Factor V and II a couple weeks ago and found them here and asked them if they had any promotions running.

I looked under blood disorders and clotting and didn't see them listed. Maybe you can link them for folks. I can't seem to find it.

The PT INR test merely tests how long it takes for the blood to clot. It won't tell you why the blood clots too fast, just that it does.

My INR is maintained between 2 and 3 on my Warfarin regime.

This web page has a description of what specimen is needed and mentions the DNA.

The test was not very cheap. I can't remember, but I'm thinking it was around $1200. Our insurance wrote off a good amount of that and made it more affordable. I tested myself through the hospital and then both of my kids through the pediatrician. A vial of whole blood is needed.

I looked under blood disorders and clotting and didn't see them listed. Maybe you can link them for folks. I can't seem to find it.

The PT INR test merely tests how long it takes for the blood to clot. It won't tell you why the blood clots too fast, just that it does.

My INR is maintained between 2 and 3 on my Warfarin regime.
Just search Factor V. Or Factor II.

Just search Factor V. Or Factor II.
What comes up on that site isn't what should be run.

Just trying to point folks in the right direction.

What comes up on that site isn't what should be run.

Just trying to point folks in the right direction.
Maldorf,
Why are those tests for Factor V or Factor II not optimal? I don't understand how those wouldn't be helpful. You may be right - I just want your reasoning.

The factor 5 mutation should be the correct test. This is the same test I had done which should be a check for the gene.

But just as I had said previously, I do not see factor 2. Can you link to the factor 2 test?

For all PM members,

The factor 5 mutation should be the correct test. This is the same test I had done which should be a check for the gene.

But just as I had said previously, I do not see factor 2. Can you link to the factor 2 test?

Search Factor II

Promotion code did not work

Just type in Factor II
or click below ;)

I was searching "Factor 2". Clearly the site doesn't appreciate my use of the number 2.

Your link works great though.
Yeah, I did not see that. Only thing that concerns me is that nowhere does it say that it's a DNA test. If it's not, I wouldn't trust it. It would also be important to know if you're heterozygous or homozygous. If it's truly DNA and tells you which you are, that's an incredible price. I'd call and ask. I'd also be concerned about how long the blood is is good before it's tested. With DNA it should not be a problem.

Yeah, I did not see that. Only thing that concerns me is that nowhere does it say that it's a DNA test. If it's not, I wouldn't trust it. It would also be important to know if you're heterozygous or homozygous. If it's truly DNA and tells you which you are, that's an incredible price. I'd call and ask. I'd also be concerned about how long the blood is is good before it's tested. With DNA it should not be a problem.

Maldorf is correct. Testing for an inherited thrombophilia disorder usually requires PCR analysis.

You'd think so, right?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity