over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Clot?

Loss of blood or phlebotomies will raise platelets.

Ok, that does ring a bell and makes sense too as the body is responding to blood loss. Wonder why the hell mine is always so low? My hematologist isn't too concerned though, guess its not too low. Im on Coumadin too and my blood still clots. Guess that prothrombin mutation I have makes it so.

750,000 is the lowest it has ever been. It is usually 1-1.5 million. I believe that since discontinuing sporatic ephedrine use and lower doses it has lowered. Hopefully this continues.
I baby asprin a day is the treatment for essential thrombocytosis.

Wow, so no Coumadin like me? Youre lucky!

Ok, that does ring a bell and makes sense too as the body is responding to blood loss. Wonder why the hell mine is always so low? My hematologist isn't too concerned though, guess its not too low. Im on Coumadin too and my blood still clots. Guess that prothrombin mutation I have makes it so.

I would assume you're limiting and have limited your Vitamin K intake since you've been on Coumadin. Over time this more than likely has brought on Vitamin K deficiency. Gamma-carboxylation by vitamin K activates many of the Gla-protein molecules that are essential to coagulation as well as the pro-coagulation factors, when Vitamin K deficiency occurs the activation of Gla-protein are reduced, lowering platelet formation.

Last edited:
I would assume you're limiting and have limited your Vitamin K intake since you've been on Coumadin. Over time this more than likely has brought on Vitamin K deficiency. Gamma-carboxylation by vitamin K activates many of the Gla-protein molecules that are essential to coagulation as well as the pro-coagulation factors, when Vitamin K deficiency occurs the activation of Gla-protein are reduced, lowering platelet formation.

C'mon Stewie, everybody knows that.

Well, no. I eat normally. That is interesting to know about vitamin K and platlets. I did know vitamin K is what they use as an antidote if my levels are really high. They just have me eat my normal diet and then you set your Coumadin dose to that. As long as you pretty much eat the same way all the time your levels should remain constant. The only time I ever have my levels get a bit high is when I drink too much alchohol. ive been really stable now for 5 yrs and only test my INR once a month now.

So the vitamin K thing cant really explain my low platelets. Maybe Coumadin somehow lowers it directly?

After receiving an mri/mra i was told i have an abnormal growth in my brain. I've been in the hospital for 24hrs now, and after talking with a dozen doctors, if it is in fact a tumor, it will be inoperable, but looks low grade and may be treatable with chemo. Wish me luck. I could use a little.

After receiving an mri/mra i was told i have an abnormal growth in my brain. I've been in the hospital for 24hrs now, and after talking with a dozen doctors, if it is in fact a tumor, it will be inoperable, but looks low grade and may be treatable with chemo. Wish me luck. I could use a little.

sorry to hear this. good luck ridge

So sorry to hear this. Good luck, ridge. Wishing you the best.

Wow ridge this is horrible news! They left you in the dark as too what type of tumor it is, other than it's inoperable? Man, I can't phantom where your emotions are!

You'll battle through this with a victory my friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

I am having a biopsy tomorrow to determine what kind of tumor it is. It is located next to the thalamus. Because of the location it is inoperable.

Surgery is postponed until next week due to my daily aspirin use. But preliminary diagnosis is a benign tumor the size of a golf ball that has some cells in a small portion that are growing abnormally. I will undergo some form of treatment after the biopsy to kill the potentially malignant cells. Radiation is almost definite.

Given this information, I am strongly considering curcumin to help slow the growth and prevent damage to the surrounding cells during radiation therapy. If any sponsor who carry high quality curcumin could help me out during this time it would be greatly appreciated. I am without insurance and will be experiencing serious financial difficulty. I am going to start a detailed thread logging my experiences.

Also any advice on any aspect of this during this time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas.

Last edited:
Surgery is postponed until next week due to my daily aspirin use. But preliminary diagnosis is a benign tumor the size of a golf ball that has some cells in a small portion that are growing abnormally. I will undergo some form of treatment after the biopsy to kill the potentially malignant cells. Radiation is almost definite.

Given this information, I am strongly considering curcumin to help slow the growth and prevent damage to the surrounding cells during radiation therapy. If any sponsor who carry high quality curcumin could help me out during this time it would be greatly appreciated. I am without insurance and will be experiencing serious financial difficulty. I am going to start a detailed thread logging my experiences.

Also any advice on any aspect of this during this time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas.

Man, life can be so hard at times. This is really bad news to me but I suppose it could have been worse. Things no matter how bad can always be worse and when I had my heart attack I was just glad to be alive.

It is great that you saw the doctor and caught this before if grew any bigger. It is good news that it isn't cancerous. So I would expect that you should recover from this. A brain tumor was the last thing I would have thought of. does it run in your family any?

Man, life can be so hard at times. This is really bad news to me but I suppose it could have been worse. Things no matter how bad can always be worse and when I had my heart attack I was just glad to be alive.

It is great that you saw the doctor and caught this before if grew any bigger. It is good news that it isn't cancerous. So I would expect that you should recover from this. A brain tumor was the last thing I would have thought of. does it run in your family any?

Kinda. My mother suffered from frequent systs and had a historectomy at 40. My aunt has a benign tumor in on her brain.

Sorry to hear about this ridge, that is some scary stuff to deal with, I hope it turns out well. Keep us updated.

After doing some research on my own, it looks to be a grade III glioma. But we seem to have caught it early so it could be worse.

Sorry to hear this. Wishing you the best

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75