over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

blood clot

a couple things VA

a few have mentioned asprin .. i know its kinda obvious but just out of due diligence it should be mentioned .. dont add that to your blood thinners without the docs recomendation

as for a clot in the leg
did you recieve some kind of impact trauma to your leg prior to the clot
just something that was hard enough to cause a bruise

or did you take a long trip in a car prior too ??

it may have no corelation to the aas

But how do you find that out? I have been on AAS off and on on for 10 years and never had a problem...how in heck do you narrow down the cause? I was on various stuff...is there one specific one to avoid? I am so confused.

I was the same. I had been using for about 10 yrs prior to my clot/heart attack. Really what it comes down to in the end is if you want to be sure of your health and safety drop the steroids and just stay on HRT dose of test and be happy with that. Narrowing it down is hard to do. I will say that I only had my clot after I started cruising on test inbetween cycles. I had been cruisng/blasting for about 1 yr and that year was the first time i ever used GH. Prior to that I had always gone on PCT. I think the cruising was really bad for me. I was cruising on about 350 mg/wk test cyp. When the clot happened I had just upped my test dose to 500 mg/wk and added in deca at 250 mg/wk. It was deca or tren, not sure because I forget!

GREAT POINT! My thought is you need to find out what caused that clot so that it doesnt happen again. Were you on steroids? If so what kind and how much? Look at those factors. You may also have a clotting genetic condition like what I have or factor 5 like Emeric does. Hemoglobin/hematocrit high?

If you dont address this issue now you are more likely to face more blood clots down the road. Blood clots can kill or ruin your life like they did mine.
is the main problem that the clot can travel to the heart and cause death?

a couple things VA

a few have mentioned asprin .. i know its kinda obvious but just out of due diligence it should be mentioned .. dont add that to your blood thinners without the docs recomendation

as for a clot in the leg
did you recieve some kind of impact trauma to your leg prior to the clot
just something that was hard enough to cause a bruise

or did you take a long trip in a car prior too ??

it may have no corelation to the aas

I did a very intense calf workout (slow negatives etc.) just before the clot appeared. Coiuld that have an effect? No impact though, no car trip....

I did a very intense calf workout (slow negatives etc.) just before the clot appeared. Coiuld that have an effect? No impact though, no car trip....

Definitely not caused by doing calf exercises, if anything they could have freed the clot that was already formed/forming. There are so many causes of clots from genetic blood issues, to trauma, to sitting or not moving for long periods of time, to even aas use, etc. There is nobody on this site that will be able to pin point where and how they were formed. We can give you suggestions from our experience and knowledge, but truely only extensive testing thru your hematologist may bring those answers. And even then because there are so many variables, you may never know for sure.

Introducing aas use could definitely be a main factor, imo. Also remember, that your doctor will need to know everything in order to best proceed. He/she should be very concerned (find a new one if they are not) about what may have caused it. I do believe what Maldorf has stated before about dropping any aas use above a true trt level is extremely important with your given history(recent blood clot). If you choose to go beyond that, I would strongly suggest that you stick to lower doseages and shorter blasts with as much cruising as possible. However, I am not you. And cannot make those decisions for you. Let them (Doctors) run their tests and come up with the best possible conclusions first before taking any extreme measures moving forward. Respect.

is the main problem that the clot can travel to the heart and cause death?

Well, when a dvt forms down in the leg its going to usually end up in the lungs as a pulmonary embolism. Clots can form in the heart though and get pumped up into the head to cause strokes, and in my case they can form inside of a cornonary artery and cause a heart attack. Many things can happen.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear