over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood donation

Just got back from my second donation...hemo was 15.6...bp was 100/60...pulse was 60...I am 62...I've been off AAS since September...moral of my story is to get off for a while and donate!...
Sounds great! That is a safe level. I have a blood clot disorder and heart failure, my hematologist likes mine around 15. Its been 16 for a bit now and we are trying to get it down. Mine got higher again when I skipped doing phlebotomies for almost 1 year. I had 2 surgeries and was worried about it being risky. He agreed with me and didnt do any.

Now that you got your's down, you should be able to maintain that on no more than 3 or 4 phlebotomies a year.

You are right maldorf...I will donate again sometime this summer...it's been a bad two weeks for me...I had a colonoscopy, a tooth extraction then the donation all in 9 days...prior to ceasing I weighed 220...I am down to 205...I went from benching 225x10 to 175x10...I think it was Betty Davis that said getting old ain't for sissies...

You are right maldorf...I will donate again sometime this summer...it's been a bad two weeks for me...I had a colonoscopy, a tooth extraction then the donation all in 9 days...prior to ceasing I weighed 220...I am down to 205...I went from benching 225x10 to 175x10...I think it was Betty Davis that said getting old ain't for sissies...
I hope your colonoscopy came back normal. I had one a few years back when I developed a bowel bleed. I lost a lot of blood. Hemoglobin went from 16 down to 10 in 2 days. Taking a crap was disgusting

Glad you got it done. Colon cancer is nothing to mess with. It just killed one of my cats. Smokey was in stage 4 before we even knew anything was wrong.

Didn't you say you're 62 in another thread? Definitely not radical to get 18.9 down.
My hemoglobin was one point above normal range last labs, only time ever out of range, I’m over 40 now, you think I should even care.

I hope your colonoscopy came back normal. I had one a few years back when I developed a bowel bleed. I lost a lot of blood. Hemoglobin went from 16 down to 10 in 2 days. Taking a crap was disgusting

Glad you got it done. Colon cancer is nothing to mess with. It just killed one of my cats. Smokey was in stage 4 before we even knew anything was wrong.
Dude my daughter had a cat named smokey...she was the the coolest cat...she had different meows that meant different things...it was like she was talking to me...it was amazing how high she could jump or how she could get into the cupboards and sleep...

Dude my daughter had a cat named smokey...she was the the coolest cat...she had different meows that meant different things...it was like she was talking to me...it was amazing how high she could jump or how she could get into the cupboards and sleep...
Cats are awesome. We still have one sphynx cat left. Smokey was big into eating! He was a tubby 16 lbs before the cancer hit. He got down to 12.

20210924_101432.jpg

I just donated today. My Hemo was 17.9. I usually don't train after I donate. I just like to play it safe. My blood pressure was 176/93. They were pretty concerned about that. I'm hoping giving blood will help it go down also. I think I need to donate more. They like my blood anyways. I'm O-
These are my labs:
RBC 6.15 High 10e6/uL (4.1-5.9)

HGB 18.0 High g/dL (12.5-16.9)

HCT 53.2 High % (38.3-51.2)

All on the high end but barely out of range and for the first time in 20 years anything other than my liver values were out and this is happening after 3 years natural with low test bc of fertility literally my test was 017 for 3 years or lower so I think it’s a rebound effect my BP is 135/75 give or take 10 but again 3 years off so I’m hyper responding in the good ways too, also I’m a decent sized guy. Thoughts? I’ve never given blood.

No effect, finger stick hct reading always in the low 50s before donation

My experience with donating every 8 weeks throughout the year has dropped my MCV, MCH, MCHC & iron (in one years time). My RBC is a little high but my H&H are perfect. Scheduling an appointment with a hematologist. Based on the numbers, I'm anemic. I hope that's all it is.

My doc has me donate because i use EQ and it “thickens” the blood i guess .. i do it about 2-3 times a yr .. but i dont train that same day always the day after no problems

My blood was thick too at one time (EQ). My doc told me to take 325mg aspirin daily. That was in 2007. Still doing it. I bleed when I cut myself.

Im actually seeing him tomorrow to go over labs im gonna ask him about it and see if its still something that goes on

Is it possible you were dehydrated on the day of the blood draw?...that can raise your hgb by a point...maybe more...

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear