over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Glucose test , Fruit vs complex

The reason I like the way your question is posed, gunsmith, is because it's not debating clean vs not clean eating. The question is specific to carbs, and I have yet to hear a good answer to this question

The reason I like the way your question is posed, gunsmith, is because it's not debating clean vs not clean eating. The question is specific to carbs, and I have yet to hear a good answer to this question

Im not trying to debate which is better i just want to know if the ability to drop aft can be done with fruit and yams the same way guys do with oat and rice.
Lord knows id much rather be able to eat brown rice cause its a shit load cheaper than fresh fruit and keeps me full longer where i can eat alot more often when i eat fruits.

Also i know a few people that have been dieting for a little while and making progress following their trainers advice and the trainer advocates long grain brown rice as the domonate carbs source , well the person dieting was comming down but dident feel well and was holding ALOT of water (female) so i had asked if she was taking var or anything like causing her to be as puffy , and she is actualy only taking 10mg nolvadex!! we talked a while she she asked what i used as carbs and the end result was her using yams rather than rice and in 7 days she "deflated" and seems to be comming down ,her trainer found out and basicly fired her for not following his exact protocal despite the issues she plainly has with rice. Alot of people have issues like this and seems like an allergy almost or intolerance

so this poses my question ,is rice and oats used by most people because its what has been used for years and the info out their has been passed down as "law" because sombody said its the best idea , like the old addage of eating egg yolks being bad for you??

gunsmith sweet potato is the best carb source on the planet for muscle building , muscle sparring the amount of vitamins , and the way the body utalizes it I can safely say that it is superior I like oats too but sweet potatoes wins the race you can get FUCIN SHREDDED with sweet potatoes

gunsmith sweet potato is the best carb source on the planet for muscle building , muscle sparring the amount of vitamins , and the way the body utalizes it I can safely say that it is superior I like oats too but sweet potatoes wins the race you can get FUCIN SHREDDED with sweet potatoes

you can get shredded with white rice, brown rice, ezekiel bread, oats, any potato, etc etc - getting shredded is more about when you eat your carbs, not if their is a variance in GI.

Sweet potatoes do kick ass though, because they have loads of carotenes that can convert to retinol (vit A) which helps with protein turnover..

JM

Last edited:
thank you so much for chiming in Mr. Meadows
I was always told
"you's eats dem sweet tatoes cause de good fa ya"

was told that buy a fella that cut pulp wood his whole life and was still bull strong in his 70's !! he ate sweet potatoes several times a day every day along with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with "the mother" and a tablespoon raw honey mixed in water morning and night .
he live to be in his 90's!!!

thank you so much for chiming in Mr. Meadows
I was always told
"you's eats dem sweet tatoes cause de good fa ya"

was told that buy a fella that cut pulp wood his whole life and was still bull strong in his 70's !! he ate sweet potatoes several times a day every day along with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with "the mother" and a tablespoon raw honey mixed in water morning and night .
he live to be in his 90's!!!

my pleasure Gunsmith..I like raw organic honey over white rice post workout, and apple cider vinegar over my kale too :)

JM

for what it's worth . . .

Believe it or not, I was the leanest, most muscular on what many would consider
a high carb, low fat, low p rotein food plan. Say 80 / 5 / 15. Notice I did not say
biggest – heaviest. My strength to bodyweight ratio was exceptional for me at
the time, but I was injury prone (and overtraining . . . had heaps of energy) and
was not healing – recovering appropriately.

Last edited:
Someone said once, "Quit micromanaging. If it fits into your macro profile for that meal, just fucking eat it."

I always thought that was good advice.

my pleasure Gunsmith..I like raw organic honey over white rice post workout, and apple cider vinegar over my kale too :)

JM

John can you elaborate on this? What benefits does the honey pose over the rice powo. Also why the acv over kale and how much would you recommend? Cheers, great thread can't believe I missed this until now.

John can you elaborate on this? What benefits does the honey pose over the rice powo. Also why the acv over kale and how much would you recommend? Cheers, great thread can't believe I missed this until now.

I think he might meen he likes putting honey "over" as in on his white rice , not that he prefers honey "over" as instead or white rice

I was eating white rice with some natural strawberry jelly with a little tilapia as my post workout meal rather than a shake , I found I was hungry sooner after eatin and felt better

I think he might meen he likes putting honey "over" as in on his white rice , not that he prefers honey "over" as instead or white rice

I was eating white rice with some natural strawberry jelly with a little tilapia as my post workout meal rather than a shake , I found I was hungry sooner after eatin and felt better

Yeah I've always done better with some bcaa and sometimes some type of fast carb post workout over a shake and get home and eat a whole meal. Right now my protocol includes a shake so I follow as directed, lol.

OK , so today i went back on my basic diet but added 1/2 a 500mg Gluphage pre meal

4:00am BG 87 (before fasted cardio)
5:15am BG 86 (took 250mg glucophage right after taking reading)
5:30am 12oz fresh pineapple , shake 2 scoops Egg protein and 2ounces LBA's
6:00am BG 99
6:30am BG 104
7:00am BG 101

8:00 BG 92 (take other half of glucophage after reading)
8:15 5oz chicken , 5oz Tilapa , 6oz sweet potatos , 6oz pineapple
8:45 BG 101
9:30 BG 100

10:30am BG 91 (take 250mg glucophage after reading)
10:45am 10oz baked chicken , 4oz sweet potatos , 5oz blueberries , 1 cup asparagus tips
11:15am BG 103
12:00pm 101

So the glucophage does a great job of keeping blood sugar down at low dose and doesnt upset my stomach nearly as bad as 500mg does. Im thinking this is gonna be a staple in the daily lunch box , it is notted that glucophage reduced the production on IGF in some people but IGF1-LR3 in on its way and im sure will more than fix that issue

Very cool, thanks for posting. Surprised none of my sources are carrying glucophage lol, sounds like a good dieting drug. I don't see the merit for bulking though.

so if the body turns carbs to glucose and any excess glucose is stored as fat , does it matter where the glucose comes from weather it be oranges or potatos of straw berries or brown rice??

if the blood glucose spike and duration are the same or very close does it really matter??

I sure would like to hear some other opinions

I don't think it does. I believe the whole "clean eating" thing is more centered around foods that will keep you feeling full to stave off hunger, and bodybuilders latched on to those foods because of the extreme low levels of bf they need to reach. Eventually the practice caught on and has been the founding bb ideology ever since.

bump for more discussion

I think theres more to fat production then bs readings... I think its individual and the way the body processes the different sugars that are being digested ,,,

I for a long time though COMPLEX CARBS WERE THE ENEMY,, only use them around training and keep insulin low at other times...

During a cut I was doing the low carb high pro moderate fat and wasnt getting stellar results felt weak flat the usual..

So I went in to my journal and saw in 08 i used a higher carb diet and felt great and looked almost my best... I assumed it was due to my age and higher supplementation at the time... so I ignored it after another 2 weeks sufferin the low carb I modified my diet to Higher Carb low fat moderate protein and felt great and fat melted off and strength and motivation went through the roof

Once I reached my desired level I used the same principles high carb low fat moderate protein .. currently eating over 700 g of carbs a day 300g protein a day fat is minimal some fish oils... weight has moved up 15lbsin 4 weeks very minimal fat accumalation..

I eat over 90g of carbs at all 8 meals and feel like a king... everyones body is different my trainer had me do blood work and suggested this to me I was skeptical but after reviewing my journals I gave it a shot and Im never looking back

Gunsmith,

This is good stuff. Are you able to provide glucose levels while using TP's GDA's? This is an excellent thread.

Thanks

My wife is a diabetic, it's amazing what spikes her Bg vs what doesn't, I don't think the whole glycemic index is valid, some simple sugars spike, some don't. It's a much more complex process than people think....it's also highly individual. She can't eat bread at subway, wheat or white, but bread at home is fine...this is with the same fat/protein load too....1 turkey sandwich vs another. To really dial glycemic index in you would have to test alot....food combos, hydration....mind blowing. I think it all comes down to calories in vs calories out....healthy fats and protein to support muscle building. Control insulin as best you can by eating whole foods with lots of fiber

Gunsmith,

This is good stuff. Are you able to provide glucose levels while using TP's GDA's? This is an excellent thread.

Thanks

No i havent yet , I planning to after i did a show so i wasent messing around during my prep but hurt my elbow befor and have since just me side lined.

I have some GDA's here just gotta get some strips , After surgery this comming wednesday im sure i'll be house bound but when i start my rehab i'll be sure to get some strips and document the info.
I did a compairison over a couple days compairing the GDA's to Metformin and they did a great job at keeping the BG down only a 2-4 point differance between the two but the GDA's dont have any negitive sides like the metformin gives me (AWEFULLL gas , appatite loss , cramps)

The GDA's are a great supplement to anybody dieting with carbs!!

I have used GDAS for a while up to 5gs at meals...my experience they do lower your blood sugar.. IMHO you should only be using GDAS if you are using slin on other days or have ran courses with slin if not ,, they are useless your better off without them or just taking slin.. you can actually get fat with GDAS as they increase insulin sensitivity not only in your muscle cells but fat cells as well.. something to think about..

which is another reason why this BG thing is alittlebit useless because if you consume 100g of sugar and your bg is 130 15 min laterand 135 30 min later then 1 hr later it is 80 all this means is you created an insulin spike.. no way in tellin how your body store those calories.. way too many things to consider I do think bg is useful to keep you healthy like morning tests after extended period of times with high dose gh... and to keep you alive for your first runs with slin andto understand your safe zone... it can also be good to see what doses of maltodextrin evelate your bg too so you can estimate an insulin release etc

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member