over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood pressure at doctor vs BP at home

There's several things that can alter BP readings:

-time of day
-white coat syndrome as you mentioned
-food intake / water intake of the day / stimulants (coffee)
-talking
-machine vs manual (the prevalence of machines at Dr.'s offices now almost always ensures nurses that haven't been around a while will be inaccurate using manual ones) (but on the flipside, I've had machines read higher than manual readings too)
-cuff size (they're frequently too small for bb'ers, ask for the "obese" cuff if you think this might be the issue--it matters)
-activity level--did you just haul ass across a parking lot?
-stress level--did traffic suck on your way to the office? or anything else

Best thing to do is just take yours upon awakening with a trusted machine. If you're not sure if you trust your machine, take it with you to the doc's office and try and get a reading a few minutes before / after they do yours.

I'm the other way around. Machines at home always read higher for me than the doctors doing it manually or not at their office.

Whenever I used to "visit" this hot female doctor I had a few years ago, my BP would always read higher, always... :eek::p:love:

My bp goes up 10 points for every 15 minutes there LATE!
Once day hit 190/140 after 3 hrs dealing with these DR's.

I just hope the home reading is the more accurate one.

CJC 1295 DAC raises blood pressure.

I wanted to let people know if they are doing more 2.5 mg of CJC 1295 DAC is will raise blood pressure to a very high level if you don't watch it.

I have used all kinds of different mg on this product and found if you go over 2.5 mg you will suffer high blood pressure !

The Beaver......:)

^
^ Huh?

I wanted to let people know if they are doing more 2.5 mg of CJC 1295 DAC is will raise blood pressure to a very high level if you don't watch it.

I have used all kinds of different mg on this product and found if you go over 2.5 mg you will suffer high blood pressure !

The Beaver......:)

Yeah I believe it as hgh and igf1lr3 will raise mine.
I always test higher at dr office, 10-20pts higher. I use an omron electronic. Always test lower with arm resting on table straight out at heart level as opposed to hanging down beside you.

So these bp cuffs are for arms that are 10-12 inches depending on the office! How does any bodybuilder ever get a normal reading there?

At home, I'm seeing 100/60 regularly and then its up to 130/80 when i go to any doctor's office. I want to think my life source monitor is more accurate given the cuff size is 16.5-22 inches.

And cut the white coat nonsense, this happens literally every single time and I'm perfectly relaxed when I'm there.

Last edited:
Trust me man it happens to all of us

Your life source is more accurate absolutely....especially over time with the median average of it

What do you mean by "manually"? There's a way to check without a monitor?

This made me laugh :D

As everyone else touched on I would stick with the average reading of your home monitor as long as it's a quality one (which it is). Not that your office readings of 130/80 are overly concerning but I know how much you like to ensure everything is ideal and it sounds like you're doing well with yours.

I know you don't think the white coat thing is a factor but sometimes you really can be unaware of it, it's not just how "relaxed" you feel. I have a lot of patients that get high readings with me regardless of the method we use, but consistently get good readings at home. My arms are nothing special but still much bigger than the average population....17-17.5" and even at the doctor's office I usually get the same reading as I do at home....100-120/60-75.

Last edited by a moderator:
So these bp cuffs are for arms that are 10-12 inches depending on the office! How does any bodybuilder ever get a normal reading there?

At home, I'm seeing 100/60 regularly and then its up to 130/80 when i go to any doctor's office. I want to think my life source monitor is more accurate given the cuff size is 16.5-22 inches.

And cut the white coat nonsense, this happens literally every single time and I'm perfectly relaxed when I'm there.

If you're on any aas amount over 500mg a week, and your weight is over 220lbs the chances of your bp being 100/60 without being on bp medicine is small. 130/80 is nothing unusual. Lol there are also 3 different sizes of cuffs. You may think your perfectly relaxed when you're there, but you don't control your endogenous catecholamines. A good home cuff can be accurate and good, but taking blood pressure is an extremely easy and frequently done procedure. Not rocket science and pretty hard to mess up. Your blood pressure is fine man!

Last edited:
If you're on any aas amount over 500mg a week, and your weight is over 220lbs the chances of your bp being 100/60 without being on bp medicine is small. 130/80 is nothing unusual. Lol there are also 3 different sizes of cuffs. You may think your perfectly relaxed when you're there, but you don't control your endogenous catecholamines. A good home cuff can be accurate and good, but taking blood pressure is an extremely easy and frequently done procedure. Not rocket science and pretty hard to mess up. Your blood pressure is fine man!

I am not on AAS and I am on telmisartan. 130/80 is completely unacceptable to me. I disagree that the 12 inch cuff at the doctor is more accurate than my life source monitor. BP is extremely easy to mess up actually. Just google how easy it is for small arm cuffs to give false high readings.

Last edited:
my monitor can give readings all over the place if i do it 2-3 times in a row. i still use it to gauge the average tho. well, i did but i gave it to my dad. his bp is sky high and they dont know why. and thats in addition to recurring skin cancer. it fucked up life over here. im freakin out bad.

There are several sizes of cuffs. Most of the fat americans around have at least 12-15" arms. It cracks me up that you're splitting hairs this much over a still pretty normal reading. You have had some heart issues if I recall from the forum? I understand your concern of even pre-hypertension, but If it's higher every time you go in it seems like you have white coat syndrome. Taking blood pressure is seriously any health professionals 101; have you ever taken someones bp? It's seriously extremely easy.

You seem to be convinced they are doing it wrong, have you thought of asking for it to be taken electronically? I promise you the electric bp machine they have which costs thousands of dollars is accurate (as long as they use an appropriate sized cuff). End of the day though you are not immune to your own catecholamines regardless of how calm you think you are; it is the norm for most people to have higher bp at doctors offices. I hope this isn't coming off as me trying to argue with you! Just trying to have a healthy debate!

Last edited:
Does anyone get higher readings at the doctor's office than they do with their home monitors? I'm using the Life Source w/ extra large cuff that gets recommended all the time here. I always ask for the largest arm cuff they have at the doctor's office but I still don't know if it's big enough or not. I also don't buy that it's white coat syndrome either. They even admit that their machine inaccurately measure pulse rate as higher than what it actually is.

Anyone else have experience with this that can shed some light?

Do you become agitated during the waiting time?

There are several sizes of cuffs. Most of the fat americans around have at least 12-15" arms. It cracks me up that you're splitting hairs this much over a still pretty normal reading. You have had some heart issues if I recall from the forum? I understand your concern of even pre-hypertension, but If it's higher every time you go in it seems like you have white coat syndrome. Taking blood pressure is seriously any health professionals 101; have you ever taken someones bp? It's seriously extremely easy.

You seem to be convinced they are doing it wrong, have you thought of asking for it to be taken electronically? I promise you the electric bp machine they have which costs thousands of dollars is accurate (as long as they use an appropriate sized cuff). End of the day though you are not immune to your own catecholamines regardless of how calm you think you are; it is the norm for most people to have higher bp at doctors offices. I hope this isn't coming off as me trying to argue with you! Just trying to have a healthy debate!

When my systolic blood pressure is 20 points higher at every doctor's office I go to, where the cuff says is for 12 or 13 inch arms, then yes I question it based on all the time I spend reading about this on the internet. As soon as I walk in the room, a nurse just straps the thing on without giving it any thought, even if though I ask for the largest cuff they have. Ultimately, what I've been trying to figure out is whether their largest cuff is still too small. The nurses are clueless when it comes to cuff sizes, they talk to me during the reading, and don't make sure my feet are flat and my arm is level with where my heart is.

Meanwhile, Im getting these kick ass readings in my life source monitor w/ extra large cuff, and it's making me feel good. When I see a drastic jump whenever I am at a doctor's office, it's a mindfuck since these nurses don't have any answers to my questions and offer no help with their lack of knowledge on the subject.

Now in this thread, some people are saying my life source monitor is more accurate (like Dante), while others (like yourself) are saying the doctor's machines are more accurate.

So yes, this is frustrating. I don't care that 120-130 systolic is considered "normal." What that tells me is if I decide to add any chemical enhancement, I'm at risk for hypertension. If the life source monitor is more accurate, I have more room for error.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131