over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood pressure at doctor vs BP at home

Wanted to bump this thread.

Last week I went in to donate blood. They used a small cuff and it was 170/90.
They then used a larger cuff (but not large enough) and it was 132/70.

Today I go to see my new endo, they used their larger cuff on my forearm...97/47...roughly th same reading I got before I left my apartment on my larger cuff.

Unbelievable the level of negligence that transpires when it comes to diagnosing this.

I've experienced this since I was a teen am 50 now few things I've noticed is the nurse always rushes you threw and doesn't give you time to relax often asking you questions as she's taking your blood pressure , they use the wrong size cuff I had a nurse for years put this cuff on and it would be ripping off and she would inflate again and try to hold it on lol , the best info I got came from a PA who told me to tell the nurse to use extra large cuff and to allow me to sit for 10-15 min before taking it , my anxiety to doctor offices are to the point I start to think about going a week before the appointment and by the time I go am a mess

White coat syndrom

Wouldn't a low dose beta blocker be the best medication if you suffered from anxiety in the doctors office as it help keep adrenaline low

Wouldn't a low dose beta blocker be the best medication if you suffered from anxiety in the doctors office as it help keep adrenaline low
Bystolic is a very cardiac specific beta blocker. It works very well for me when I get anxiety. I don't need anything else usually.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

doc takes mine a second time right before im finished with appointment. have also had nurses take bp a second time right after the first and occasionally it's been lower and closer to what it is at home.

A lot of you are missing the point. You can't chalk every high reading at the doctor's office up to white coat syndrome. Most of the time, it's simply medical malpractice.

Bystolic is a very cardiac specific beta blocker. It works very well for me when I get anxiety. I don't need anything else usually.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

How many mg do you take?

How many mg do you take?
5mg every other day. Yesterday I had a hard time getting my heart rate up to 120bpm on the bicycle. Stuff really works well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

5mg every other day. Yesterday I had a hard time getting my heart rate up to 120bpm on the bicycle. Stuff really works well.

Every other day? Was that a protocol your doctor prescribed? Does your blood pressure go up the days you do not take it? How well do you find it works on BP?

Every other day? Was that a protocol your doctor prescribed? Does your blood pressure go up the days you do not take it? How well do you find it works on BP?
My doctor prescribed me tribenzor and by stoic. It made me feel terrible. So I started alternating. Now my BP is perfect and I don't feel tired and achy. He over prescribed. There is a thread on PM about the benefits of bystolic. I'll see if I can find it.

Wrong one. This one has links to the studies.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=142159&share_fid=13359&share_type=t

Use of Nebivolol to assist with HGH Water retention

Thanks for the link. I'll read up on it. Lately, I've been hearing very good things about bystolic. At the same time, I've been reading it's not ideal for bodybuilders. Many state it hinders fat loss and cardio endurance. From the link you posted, it appears this is not really true.

I'll check out those links in depth. Thanks brother.

Thanks for the link. I'll read up on it. Lately, I've been hearing very good things about bystolic. At the same time, I've been reading it's not ideal for bodybuilders. Many state it hinders fat loss and cardio endurance. From the link you posted, it appears this is not really true.

I'll check out those links in depth. Thanks brother.
To be honest I can still do my cardio pretty vigorously but my heart rate just doesn't get up there anymore. Is there a direct correlation between fat loss and heart rate? I'm not sure.

What do you mean by "manually"? There's a way to check without a monitor?

Using a stethoscope and a cuff. I do that at home sometimes, but stopped because my pressure got low enough that I was having trouble hearing it. I have a cheap stethoscope. A decent one is probably going to set you back over $100. I think I paid about $15 for mine,lol. It does work though. Overall, if you have a good stethoscope and know how to do it right, doing it manually is going to be more accurate.

My BP at home and at the doctor's is usually about the same, within 5 mm Hg.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner