over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood pressure fine, heart rate up

ziplip

Registered
did test several times and average came up:
Blood pressure 124/74
Heart rate 77 ( optimal should be 60 of under 40 years old male, right?)
Thick blood?
Lack of cardio?
What else?
Any ideas?
Getting bloods done next week.

My heart rate is High but my blood pressure is low.

The doctor said you have more muscle in your body than a normal person. More muscle needs more blood/oxygen pumped it to.

Not sure if that makes sense but that what I was told by my doctor

My heart rate is High but my blood pressure is low.

The doctor said you have more muscle in your body than a normal person. More muscle needs more blood/oxygen pumped it to.

Not sure if that makes sense but that what I was told by my doctor

Well what he says is true but that doesn't make it any less healthy. We all should strive for resting heart rates under 65-70 max. I struggle with this as well. Kind of freaks me out since resting heart rate is one of the all cause mortality monikers. My bp is usually on the low side too.

Never thought of that. It does make sense. I'm no monster, but have more meat than average healthy man.
hmmm

Well what he says is true but that doesn't make it any less healthy. We all should strive for resting heart rates under 65-70 max. I struggle with this as well. Kind of freaks me out since resting heart rate is one of the all cause mortality monikers. My bp is usually on the low side too.

I just think that no BB, Gym Freaks or TRT guys was used to calculate "optimal"s"
Still worries me little bit.

77 is high....

i would suggest taking it first thing in the morning...
when at its lowest...

in the morning mine is 55....after a full day of
all the bullshit....more like 65.

Mine runs around 80. Been that way my whole life.

77 is not high. A normal heart rate is between 60-100 BPM. If it was in the 90's then I might worry, but 70's is nothing to worry about. If you do want to drop your resting HR then add cardio and clean up your diet. Also, cut out stimulants including caffeine.

Also, make sure that you're hydrated. Dehydration is a common cause of tachycardia or high-normal resting HR

77 bpm is not high. It's within the average. Mine averages around 70. Optimal is 60-70, but 77 is just fine. You should start to worry if it starts creeping into the 90's and up. There is a bp med called coreg which I take that lowers heart rate. It will drop it about 10-15 bpm.

ok....77 is way high FOR ME.....

mine goes to 85 during 20 minutes
of cardio...4.5 speed 5% incline.

77 FOR an average means you had higher readings.
that would feel like cardio to me just sitting on the couch.

i worked with a guy whos was always in the 80s
always had a red face.....died at 38 massive heart attack.

Thanks for input everybody. Measured 73 this morning. My diet is clean, I drink lots of water. I do love my coffee in a morning. 2 cups usually. But I been doing this for years and heart rate was in 60s.
Would 400 primo per week cause higher heart rate?

Thanks for input everybody. Measured 73 this morning. My diet is clean, I drink lots of water. I do love my coffee in a morning. 2 cups usually. But I been doing this for years and heart rate was in 60s.
Would 400 primo per week cause higher heart rate?

I think people exaggerate the impact of caffeine (and most stims) on resting heart rate. I can take EC and it won't touch my RHR once my body is used to it. I suppose everyone will be different though. Bear in mind that regular black coffee drinking promotes longevity (longer life span).

I think people exaggerate the impact of caffeine (and most stims) on resting heart rate. I can take EC and it won't touch my RHR once my body is used to it. I suppose everyone will be different though. Bear in mind that regular black coffee drinking promotes longevity (longer life span).

Thats how I like it , black, strong and organic.

My Dr. said obviously a good resting HR is ideal but if you don't have a heart condition it's far worse to have high blood pressure. He said there are 3 stages the first being the worst then the 2nd then 3rd.

High BP with high HR
High BP with normalHR
Normal BP with high HR

Last edited:
77 is not high. A normal heart rate is between 60-100 BPM. If it was in the 90's then I might worry, but 70's is nothing to worry about. If you do want to drop your resting HR then add cardio and clean up your diet. Also, cut out stimulants including caffeine.

Well here's a username I haven't seen in ages. Hopefully you stick around as it's always good to have someone like you posting here.

HI from Dr.Kim

HI all! Please be nice, I'm always just trying to be helpful :love:
(Note I can spell,just hate these stupid LINKS that show up!)

Good points about hydration and "what's normal" being made

If you have HAD a HR in the 50's and it goes into 70's and you're hydrated (PEE IS CLEAR) that is often first sign of overtraining.
Physiology: Adrenals are cranking out cortiso,epi,norepi and the norepi keeps the epi from causing BP elevation

Otherwise HR depends on level of cardiac conditiioning and I WOULD THINK all of you hunky guys are conditioned from that standpoint so I am surprised at a HR in the 90's and wonder if this is a chronic OT situation.

YES anabolics can cause this due to a complex set of physiological things put simply-you get bigger,you trainnn (avoiding damned link!) harder-you stress out your adrenals which crank out more of the above....

Caffeinated coffee 3 cups/day doesn't raise HR

On labs make SURE (most docs don't order) you get a fasting cortisol and if the level is close or over ULN then you are overtraining. There are several things that can be done to fix this without having you lose trainn-ing time or muscle mass. This is what I DO! :)

Happy TGIF!
Dr.Kim

Well here's a username I haven't seen in ages. Hopefully you stick around as it's always good to have someone like you posting here.

Yeah it's been a minute. I plan on sticking around. :)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear