advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood pressure high enough for beta blockers?

Good luck with the cut. I just think anytime someone considers taking a daily medication/drug (TRT, Cholesterol, BP Meds, Mental Medication) its a big decision. Maybe we have members who used BP meds very briefly and then stopped, I assume most are on for life. I do not agree with the poster above who says "every PED user should be on BP meds"

Hell there are little female who may use winstrol var, and have low BP. My BP is 124/80 and pulse 73 now (ive had readings over 150/90 in the past) should I be on daily medication? I don't think everyone should all of a sudden start using anti-e, ED Meds, and BP meds because they run a little juice, these things should be used as needed. Just trying to give you a different perspective and my experience because I feel like some people are of the mindset that every AAS user is bound to have high blood pressure and medication is mandatory, there are many of us who don't need or use MEDS (albeit most are at a lower BMI if you plan to bulk up to 230,240 the BP is going to go up and the chances you need them increase).
I didn't say BP-meds in general qb, I said a bèta-blocker specifically and not even for BP-reasons but because it protects the heart (somewhat) against the extra wear and tear PEDs put on them.

I did clearly say somewhat, you're always taking a gamble but being on a bèta-blocker makes the gamble a little less of a gamble.

I would never advise someone with a normal BP who is not on PEDs to be put on BP-meds of any category for that matter.

Like you I think meds are over-prescribed in general. We're not in disagreement here.

I didn't say BP-meds in general qb, I said a bèta-blocker specifically and not even for BP-reasons but because it protects the heart (somewhat) against the extra wear and tear PEDs put on them.

I did clearly say somewhat, you're always taking a gamble but being on a bèta-blocker makes the gamble a little less of a gamble.

I would never advise someone with a normal BP who is not on PEDs to be put on BP-meds of any category for that matter.

Like you I think meds are over-prescribed in general. We're not in disagreement here.
That makes more sense, and we definitely agree on that. At times I've had horrible cholesterol, horrible kidney values, high blood pressure, mental issues and I'm sure I could have gotten a script easily. But I was able to correct things without (usually by losing 10lbs, changing diet, cruising, or adding in cardio). Obviously it's easier for me because I'm not trying to be huge. That will be a decision op has to make I guess...if he wants to be 205 ripped he's probably good as long as his dosages are reasonable. If he wants to bulk back up to 250 and use high AAS at some point he's going to not be able to keep a healthy BP without meds

I would like to hear your explanation as to why running, say, Telmisartan for a month and then coming off is a problem.

You haven't really given any explanation as to why it's a "big decision" or why you keep balking at the idea of someone running a BP med for a length of time and then coming off at some point.

You seem to just have an emotional bias against it without any real reasoning. I could be wrong, which is why I keep asking.

Just recently went to the doc and blood work was really good. Only thing that was somewhat out of range was blood pressure. It was 141/80. It’s normally in that range. But my doc hasn’t said anything about a blood pressure med. what your opinion? Would you ask about maybe getting put on a beta blocker to prevent any future problems from it ?
You can't proceed until you buy your own blood pressure monitor and track it throughout the day. One random reading at a doctor's office is not worthy of any form of diagnosis.

Good luck with the cut. I just think anytime someone considers taking a daily medication/drug (TRT, Cholesterol, BP Meds, Mental Medication) its a big decision. Maybe we have members who used BP meds very briefly and then stopped, I assume most are on for life. I do not agree with the poster above who says "every PED user should be on BP meds"

Hell there are little female who may use winstrol var, and have low BP. My BP is 124/80 and pulse 73 now (ive had readings over 150/90 in the past) should I be on daily medication? I don't think everyone should all of a sudden start using anti-e, ED Meds, and BP meds because they run a little juice, these things should be used as needed. Just trying to give you a different perspective and my experience because I feel like some people are of the mindset that every AAS user is bound to have high blood pressure and medication is mandatory, there are many of us who don't need or use MEDS (albeit most are at a lower BMI if you plan to bulk up to 230,240 the BP is going to go up and the chances you need them increase).
I don't think it's a big decision to take a BP med at all. There are no addictive properties and there are few side effects if you use the right ones. Can easily be withdrawn with no issues. I pop a 5mg nebivolol tab before bed and there is a mouse study showing it extends lifespan.

anti depressants, ssri, benzos, etc. are very different.

How is using Telmisartan a "huge life decision"? This isn't like going on TRT or something...

If his high BP is something he can mitigate with lifestyle/diet/electrolytes/etc., he can take a mild ARB until he brings his BP down naturally and then look at coming off. People do it all the time.

Anyway, if he's using significant AAS, using something like Telmisartan is beneficial even if his BP isn't high.
I dunno why dudes who are willing to inject unknown steroidal substances, are so hesitant to take something so benign and yet so beneficial like telmisartan

I would like to hear your explanation as to why running, say, Telmisartan for a month and then coming off is a problem.

You haven't really given any explanation as to why it's a "big decision" or why you keep balking at the idea of someone running a BP med for a length of time and then coming off at some point.

You seem to just have an emotional bias against it without any real reasoning. I could be wrong, which is why I keep asking.

I think he should go by his doctors recommendations, are you saying he should or he should self medicate? I don't think that a doctor based on the info we have (1 reading at that level he didn't give other specific numbers), and the fact he is and plans to lose weight would put him on a new medication with plans to discontinue it in a week or two or 3 once he loses 5-10lbs. I guess my question is, do you think with the info we have the doctor would tell him to monitor it at home (we all know about white coat syndrome) and continue with his weight loss and suggest lifestyle changes or put him right on a BP med and then take him off it? If he does put him on a medication right now, wouldn't that complicate the process of figuring out if he is consistently in the range to need one? I'm not getting your thought process.

Thats only part of the reason but I guess thats a start. I guess we can agree to disagree on the big decision. IMO anyone who is health conscious should consider putting a medication/drug (anything that has listed side effects) in their body as a big decision. I personally would consider it a big decision because I don't want to take drugs/medication that I don't need. Im sure many are fine with it but Im also sure there are many who think like me

I saw 2 recent threads where people wanted to buy a CPAP machine not knowing if they needed one and people advised them not to. Because they don't even have a medial professional saying they need one.

I was 140/80 consistently when I happily hopped on telmisartan + propranolol. Totally mitigates tachycardia, diastolic pressure. On test and GH those numbers go up very commonly. Almost everyone. I believe the increased erythrocytosis from the test but I don't know by what mechanism GH increases RHR (tachycardia).

But my doctor also trains an he had me on propranolol for years and when I told him I was reading about telmisartan, he hopped right on it. He had zero problems writing that. I look at it no different than taking D3 or berberine. Even been shown pretty convincingly improve HDL and also improve endothelial layer function inside blood vessels.

Yeah in winter I bulk to 240-250 normally

IMO then id say your likely not going to be able to keep a good BP naturally if you plan to get up that high.
What about any of this is natural? Guys are injecting unnatural substances to get big and strong, and have to use ancillaries to mitigate sides. How is using telmisartan to combat bp issues any different than using aromasin to combat e2 issues? Unmitigated high blood pressure is THE number one health issue facing your average steroid user

Unmitigated high blood pressure is THE number one health issue facing your average steroid user

100%

i wonder how many bodybuilders we have lost over the years would still be alive today, had they invested $5 a week to get blood pressure medication.

i remember on Bostin Loyd's podcast with Leo (Laith), he was going on about how his blood pressure was around 160/100...doing that weird high pitched cackle that he would do.

and how he refused to do ramipril - because it made him feel weird.

I was 140/80 consistently when I happily hopped on telmisartan + propranolol. Totally mitigates tachycardia, diastolic pressure. On test and GH those numbers go up very commonly. Almost everyone. I believe the increased erythrocytosis from the test but I don't know by what mechanism GH increases RHR (tachycardia).

But my doctor also trains an he had me on propranolol for years and when I told him I was reading about telmisartan, he hopped right on it. He had zero problems writing that. I look at it no different than taking D3 or berberine. Even been shown pretty convincingly improve HDL and also improve endothelial layer function inside blood vessels.
I'm on Propanolol as well also for Tachycardia 👊 Although I had mine before PEDs already but they are obviously just oil on the fire.

Both you and I are perfect examples of why taking a bèta-blocker is actually heart-friendly, regardless of BP being too high or not. (And I think almost every PED-user is going to get Tachycardia or close to it, especially when the dosages and numbers of compounds used rise, which is why I stated I think we should all be on one)

Yes it limits cardiac output and as an endurance athlete, you're going to suffer because of it but we BB'ERS aren't exactly endurance athletes 😁

So I talked to my doc he thought it would be a good idea to put me on telmisartin 20mg per day

I've often read and heard how telmisartan does more good than just lowering blood pressure. However, my blood pressure is fine. I'm between 110-120 over 60-75. I would like to see my RHR a little lower as since jumping on HGH it's somewhere low to mid 70's during the day. I guess it would not be wise to add Telmi right? It seems to me my BP would get on the low side by adding it..

I'm 1.90 at 106 kg and roughly 8% btw, on 6 IU hgh, 1200 test and 900 Bold.

I've often read and heard how telmisartan does more good than just lowering blood pressure. However, my blood pressure is fine. I'm between 110-120 over 60-75. I would like to see my RHR a little lower as since jumping on HGH it's somewhere low to mid 70's during the day. I guess it would not be wise to add Telmi right? It seems to me my BP would get on the low side by adding it..

I would think beta blockers would be first line drugs for reducing RHR and abnormal heart rythms because of the specific action on heart tissue. But as with many of these medications, I'm sure there is some crossover in CCBs and ARBs as well.

I think he should go by his doctors recommendations, are you saying he should or he should self medicate? I don't think that a doctor based on the info we have (1 reading at that level he didn't give other specific numbers), and the fact he is and plans to lose weight would put him on a new medication with plans to discontinue it in a week or two or 3 once he loses 5-10lbs. I guess my question is, do you think with the info we have the doctor would tell him to monitor it at home (we all know about white coat syndrome) and continue with his weight loss and suggest lifestyle changes or put him right on a BP med and then take him off it? If he does put him on a medication right now, wouldn't that complicate the process of figuring out if he is consistently in the range to need one? I'm not getting your thought process.

Thats only part of the reason but I guess thats a start. I guess we can agree to disagree on the big decision. IMO anyone who is health conscious should consider putting a medication/drug (anything that has listed side effects) in their body as a big decision. I personally would consider it a big decision because I don't want to take drugs/medication that I don't need. Im sure many are fine with it but Im also sure there are many who think like me

I saw 2 recent threads where people wanted to buy a CPAP machine not knowing if they needed one and people advised them not to. Because they don't even have a medial professional saying they need one.

Okay, I just wanted you to give *some* reason why it's a "big decision" rather than just repeating "do you really think a doctor would prescribe", etc.

The crux of the issue is that you have an aversion to BP medications that I don't have. Telmisartan is an incredibly healthy compound, has little to no downsides, there's no issues whatsoever with taking it for a period and coming off, etc.

For some reason you view them with the stigma of "drugs" that are bad and only a last resort, carrying risks and downsides, etc etc. That just isn't true for some things, and Telmisartan is one of them where the risk reward curve is VERY favorable, IMO.

So I talked to my doc he thought it would be a good idea to put me on telmisartin 20mg per day
Well, I guess that answers the question of "would a doctor actually prescribe based on one reading".

I would absolutely try it in your case, and it's very likely your BP will not end up too low. But if it ends up being so, obv you can come off.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131