over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Pressure Meds

My doc just put me on benicar 20mg. About a month into it. Bp still up he increased it to 40mg a day. Bp runnin high 140's / high 80's. It will hit high 160's. Benicar is not supposed to make u lethargic like beta blockers or make u pee a lot like hctz. Hope it works, not trying to be on dialysis in 10 years. Good luck.

I had good luck with the highest dose benicar, I think ther are only 2 sizes. That was back before my heart attack.

Doc prescribed Coreg, atm doesn't seem to hit as fast as Labatolor work as well.

Probally won't change, so monday if it doesn't will let him know.

Last update thanks for input guys

Coreg CR is what I am using now, its extended release so only once a day. I take the biggest one, 80mg. You wont need nearly that I would think. You probably have the 12 hour tabs? That is a beta blocker. It will slow your heart rate as well as lower bp, and thats why I am on it. It acts like a govenor on a car, it keeps your heart from beating too fast and helps with my tacycardia when I get it.

If this is your first beta blocker just be aware that the sides you get at first eventually go away after about 2 weeks. The doc started me out on a lower dose and slowly increased it over the course of about 8 weeks to get up to the 80mg I take now. I also have asthma, and it irritated that really bad at first but it went away because today I have very minor issues with that. Being a beta blocker it does have some effects on the lungs, blocking beta stimulation which usually helps dilate the bronchioles. I end up using my albterol a bit more than I used to to compensate for it. For me the coreg is literally a life saver and I think if I werent taking it I wouldnt be here today.

Last edited:
Maldorf, my doc just increased mine to 40mg/day from 20. Hopin it works as well for me as it does for u. I really don't wanna be beta-blocked. I'm lethargic enough already.

I did some research on this over the last few days.
Lisinopril is the one that is supposed to actually protect the kidneys. It is given to people with kidney damage in low doses even if they don't have high BP.
I am going to try it. My BP is 120/80 with a good diet and constant cardio, high BP runs in my family.
It is 145/85 - 155/95 when on tren or other androgens, so I am going to get on this med.
I am afraid of the lethargy it can cause though, I need energy for work and AAS already hurt me enough in that department.

I take 90 mg nifedipine ER and 20 mg lisinopril daily. Should have been on meds in my 30's. High BP my entire life.

Maldorf, my doc just increased mine to 40mg/day from 20. Hopin it works as well for me as it does for u. I really don't wanna be beta-blocked. I'm lethargic enough already.

SO youre on the bigger tab of Benicar now? It worked awesome for me before my heart attack and kept down my BP even when I was on several grams of steroids.

Im on 80 mg/day of Coreg CR. ONe tab a day, massive dose. At first it wiped me out, but today its not so bad and you get used to it. If you have to use a beta blocker its not the end of the world! It makes it hard to do cardio since your heart rate is a lot lower. Overall though, it saves your heart from overlload. If you need it, a good beta blocker like coreg WILL save your life every day. Coreg is one of the things today that is keeping me alive.

Last edited:
Im on 40 mgs of Benicar and it makes me feel terrible.No energy,always tired and very dizzy.Been on it for 3 months now and im going to go back to the doc to see what we can do.I just wanted to make sure I ran it long enough to give it a chance.I heard it works great for alot of people.Kinda frustrating though.
Styles

So recently upped my dose of metoprolol from 25 mgs a day to 50 mgs and working great.

done

Last edited:
I take Bystolic 5mg every day first thing in the am. It works fantastic and since its a low dose, no sides.

are there in natural remedies to keep it at a moderate level??

Yes garlic is a great natural way to lower high blood pressure you might wanna check into it

Im on 40 mgs of Benicar and it makes me feel terrible.No energy,always tired and very dizzy.Been on it for 3 months now and im going to go back to the doc to see what we can do.I just wanted to make sure I ran it long enough to give it a chance.I heard it works great for alot of people.Kinda frustrating though.
Styles

Wow, yeah that is too bad. Benicar worked great for me and I was on the bigger tab, dont remember dose size but it was the bigger of the two tabs offered. I felt no side at all from it, I couldnt tell I was taking it.

Is your pressure too low maybe? Dizziness sounds like you may be suffering from hypotension. Maybe the dose is too big for you.

Thanks for responding Maldorf.My bp on the med usually is around 120-130/80 ish. I talked to the doc and he said try splitting it up 20 a.m.-20 p.m. So I have been doing that for 2 days but dont notice anything yet.I just came down with a sinus infection so I cant tell whats doing what.lol

Thanks for responding Maldorf.My bp on the med usually is around 120-130/80 ish. I talked to the doc and he said try splitting it up 20 a.m.-20 p.m. So I have been doing that for 2 days but dont notice anything yet.I just came down with a sinus infection so I cant tell whats doing what.lol

Ok, it could be taking it all at once is making your BP dip low for a bit, long shot but who knows. The dizziness you describe though is a classic symptom of having low BP, and you really notice it if you get up from a laying or sitting position too fast or bend over and stand up real fast. Whew, head rush! Orthostatic effects.

Last edited:
How about Lisinopril, one of those $4 for 30 pills from Wallmart and other pharmacies that participate in that program. It is a milder med than others, but works for me.

Im on Linosopril and Clonodine. My bp issues came from being in the hospital and in a coma and being paralyzed for 2 weeks from a wicked type of pneumonia. I was on coumadine as well but he clots are gone and my blood pressure has came down a bit. Im hoping to be off of them in a year.

Im on losartan 50mg a day. It lowered my BP from 160/130 to 120/80 in a few weeks and i feel great. no side effects

I'm really glad to see so many guys on here taking care of their high BP by seeing the doctor and getting on meds if needed. Too many of us try to rely on herbal and other natural remedies when the BP is way too high. I think those kinds of things might help in boarderline cases, but when someone's systolic pressure is up in the 160s its time to see a doctor.

Many years of high bp will cause damage to the heart and lead to cardiomyopathy. It sneaks up on you slowly.

Is the consensus on the Beta blocker with mild sides going to Bystolic? I was thinking of running that while on cycle if I do show again...

I would be curious to see which ARBs and ACEis are good for the kidneys and which ones are not...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws