over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood pressure monitor

TODouble2

Registered
I bought an automatic blood pressure monitor but had to return it because the cuff was too small for my arm. Can anyone recommend a good automatic monitor with a cuff large enough to fit my arm. It's 17 and a half inches.

I just bought a manual one from Walmart. I was concerned about the size of the cuff because it only went up to 14", but the reviews said it went much larger.

You should check to see if they have a larger replacement cuff for the one you purchased.

Honestly, the easiest thing to do is just stop in at your doctor's office and have it checked once in a while. It is free, and you will get an accurate reading. The automatic monitors can be inaccurate.

Standard cuff is for 9-13" arms, large cuff is for 13-17" and extra large for 17-20". Now mind you this isn't your flexed bent arm measurement, its your straight arm measurement above the elbow. If you have flexed arms of 18-19" you will fit the large cuff. Mind you the large cuff is not standard but you can get an add-on or just buy the unit itself with the large cuff.
I will agree that the home units from manufacturer's like Omron can give widely varying reading. So they are better than nothing but don't put all your eggs in one basket. I've done a test and then hit the button again right after and the readings were 20-30 points different. So when I use the one at my in laws I'll usually do 3 readings back to back to back per arm and then average them out

Honestly, the easiest thing to do is just stop in at your doctor's office and have it checked once in a while. It is free, and you will get an accurate reading. The automatic monitors can be inaccurate.

I don't want to go to the doctor just to check my blood pressure. I like to check on my own whatever I can as often as possible. I get checkups regularly but when i take certain compounds I want to be able to keep track of it.

Standard cuff is for 9-13" arms, large cuff is for 13-17" and extra large for 17-20". Now mind you this isn't your flexed bent arm measurement, its your straight arm measurement above the elbow. If you have flexed arms of 18-19" you will fit the large cuff. Mind you the large cuff is not standard but you can get an add-on or just buy the unit itself with the large cuff.
I will agree that the home units from manufacturer's like Omron can give widely varying reading. So they are better than nothing but don't put all your eggs in one basket. I've done a test and then hit the button again right after and the readings were 20-30 points different. So when I use the one at my in laws I'll usually do 3 readings back to back to back per arm and then average them out

I contacted omron and they said they don't make an extra large cuff. Only large which goes to 17 inches. I did measure my arm flexed so you're right. It will probably fit my arm if kept straight.

With all due respect the wrist cuff has been shown overall and in general to not be nearly as accurate as an arm cuff. Yeah its better than nothing. But if you are spending that much $$ might as well get the most accurate one you can.

With all due respect the wrist cuff has been shown overall and in general to not be nearly as accurate as an arm cuff. Yeah its better than nothing. But if you are spending that much $$ might as well get the most accurate one you can.

No problem, his insurance covered it, and I agree, it's probably not that accurate in comparison, but it has been for me. I just thought you had exhausted options, and if anything, it at least measures the trending, or if you are staying steady at a number. Good luck in your search.

Yeah, just get a cuff and stethoscope and learn how to do in manually. Its really easy. There are people on here that can explain how to do it if you need help. I do my own. Much more accurate. I bought a cuff that is really large, not sure how big it is good for but it was easy to find one.

Here is the one I currently use weekly. I have checked it against the one at my Dr's office and it is accurate.

**broken link removed**
AccuFit Cuff Fits Large Arms

Cuffs that are too small or too large will result in inaccurate readings. This AccuFit Extra Large Cuff has been specially created to fit arms ranging from 16-1/2 to 23-3/5 inches around, making it ideal for large arms. Ideal for body builders, weight lifters, football players and bariatric patients, the cuff is cone shaped to give the user a better fit.

Last edited:
Yeah, just get a cuff and stethoscope and learn how to do in manually. Its really easy. There are people on here that can explain how to do it if you need help. I do my own. Much more accurate. I bought a cuff that is really large, not sure how big it is good for but it was easy to find one.

i never thought of that.. my sister is a nurse so i'm sure she could show me.

Here is the one I currently use weekly. I have checked it against the one at my Dr's office and it is accurate.

**broken link removed**
AccuFit Cuff Fits Large Arms

Cuffs that are too small or too large will result in inaccurate readings. This AccuFit Extra Large Cuff has been specially created to fit arms ranging from 16-1/2 to 23-3/5 inches around, making it ideal for large arms. Ideal for body builders, weight lifters, football players and bariatric patients, the cuff is cone shaped to give the user a better fit.

perfect! do you find it to be accurate?

damn, i never heard that before. i have one too, i guess it's time to grab a real one next time i go to the doctors office

i never thought of that.. my sister is a nurse so i'm sure she could show me.

Perfect way to learn. She can show you what to do. It is much more accurate than the automated cuffs.

I bought an automatic blood pressure monitor but had to return it because the cuff was too small for my arm. Can anyone recommend a good automatic monitor with a cuff large enough to fit my arm. It's 17 and a half inches.

You may have to shop around to find you one with a bigger cuff.
You need the big cuff though or your readings will be off.

You may have to shop around to find you one with a bigger cuff.
You need the big cuff though or your readings will be off.

true. and i tried it on my wrist and the reading was high. i heard thats not an accurate way to do it either. it defeats the point. if you don't get an accurate reading, you may as well have no reading.

Manual is the way to go. I work as an EMT and have gone to numerous calls when people use auto cuffs and think it is high. Then we show up and do it manually and they are generally is a normal range for themselves.

When we show up at the ER and their expensive auto machines take it and it reads high they will sometime check manually to verify the high readings.

Easy to learn and a scope and cuff together will be cheaper than and automatic one.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131