over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Pressure reading, how to check???

bigrig

Registered
Ok, how accurate are the at home blood pressure monitors?? I have one for the wrist as my arm is too big for the normal ones?

Reason being, is I have checked it regularly over past year or two and always says 120-130 over 75-80 ......

I went in for a physical/blood work ... and the doc checked it the real way and said it was way too high .. 150/80 ... i came off cycle about 2-3 weeks ago so maybe that's it? I asked him what about the at home monitors and he said they're garbage.... I was also nervous as hell as was there for the whole std check and haven't had one in a long time so was very worried lol.. so maybe that could have boosted it????

My doctor is all for me checking mine at home. The wrist versions are not very good. They make larger cuffs for the arm version. Get that. Stress can raise BP. You really need multiple readings to get a sense of what your BP is doing. It varies throughout the day as well.

Last edited:
Personally

Ok, how accurate are the at home blood pressure monitors?? I have one for the wrist as my arm is too big for the normal ones?

Reason being, is I have checked it regularly over past year or two and always says 120-130 over 75-80 ......

I went in for a physical/blood work ... and the doc checked it the real way and said it was way too high .. 150/80 ... i came off cycle about 2-3 weeks ago so maybe that's it? I asked him what about the at home monitors and he said they're garbage.... I was also nervous as hell as was there for the whole std check and haven't had one in a long time so was very worried lol.. so maybe that could have boosted it????

I like the wrist cuffs a lot better, especially if you have big upper arms.

I went in a couple months ago and my BP was 169/80 something. It scared the fuck outta me, so I cut all salt additives. I checked it a couple days ago and it was 120 over something equally as low. If you're bulking it could be the salt from the extra food? That's what it was for me.

150/80 is not high..People with true hypertension problems have very high readings. Ive seen some older men with hypertension as high as 280/195...now that is way to high.

I would buy a large cuff and a stethoscope. Learn how to read it on your own, its quite easy. thats what I do.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear