over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Pressure Very High Please Help

TonyCyp

Registered
went to doctors today.blood pressure was 150/97

ive been pn trt since 2012. i actually ran 300mg test and 200 mg deca per week for a whole year amd blood pressure was ok.last 6 weeks ive been only on 125mg test per week so it cant be the test right?

my theroy amd the docs semi theroy is that maybe my current lifestyle has been whats causing me bp.

the last 6 months have been a downward spiral for me.lost a girl.injured my foot.i got depressed and starting drinking almost nightly,smoking weed,stopped going to the gym,started eating like crap.i slowly gained about 20 lbs too. my doctor thinks if i fix my lifestyle up it will help.is that all i need to do?

ps i dont really wnt to stop smoking weed just yet will wee cause high bp or will stopping alcohol and training and dieting againbe enough to lower it

Yes your lifestyle is the likely culprit. Weed (and I am all for it) can cause anxiety which can temporarily increase blood pressure. But the weight gain, diet and alcohol are your issues to fix.

Yes your lifestyle is the likely culprit. Weed (and I am all for it) can cause anxiety which can temporarily increase blood pressure. But the weight gain, diet and alcohol are your issues to fix.

thanks man! im glad its not weed or test. my dad is on bp meds and i dont want to do that. whats a fast way to drop bp? ive noticed im angry a lot more too now like my dad gets haha

has nothing to do with the test

Stress is a huge factor for hypertension! I had a 189/100 and found it to be stress related. I still take around 500mg of test per week and no longer have any problems since I've found ways to control the stress issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya im stressed like crazy.my iphone wasnt working and i literally just threw it on the screamed at it and stomped it

300mg Test and 200mg Deca definitely sounds like trt. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what would cause high blood pressure other than everything you listed above, it sounds like you answered your own question, maybe clean your lifestyle up and see if it helps.

Last edited:
I've noticed a shorter temper in myself when my BP is higher and when my E2 level starts to climb. Also, when I'm carrying extra fat and water, it doesn't help my BP at all. These are some of the issues I'm trying to sort out and reasons why I told you I hardly run Test anymore - and when I do run Test I keep it very low. I made a doctors appointment tonight to have Test and E2 levels checked in 2 weeks (soonest I could get in) to help me get this all straightened out.

Definitely drop the alcohol and if you're going to use weed - use the minimum just enough to take the edge off.

Last edited:
Mines always around that. And I'm.on BP meds when I can remember to take them. Most here would consider me very young too. I've marked it up to stress.

Yes. Clean up your act and watch your BP get under control. You don't have to give up anything like alcohol or weed. Use and don't abuse. But eating healthy, exercising daily and less of the bad stuff should be a goal. The test at low dose then be less likely to effect the BP.

ya im stressed like crazy.my iphone wasnt working and i literally just threw it on the screamed at it and stomped it

You need a good therapist - but you may need one that can write scripts too

Mines always around that. And I'm.on BP meds when I can remember to take them. Most here would consider me very young too. I've marked it up to stress.

You seem rather nonchalant about that. High BP left unchecked is one of the most immature - foolish things that you can do man. It 100% will kill you!

Don't fuck around with your BP when there are so many ways to eliminate that issue.. Not meaning to be a dick - but you said you are young and I was just as invincible in my mind as a young man. Thankfully I had a daughter 15 and she was the life saving reality check that I needed...

You seem rather nonchalant about that. High BP left unchecked is one of the most immature - foolish things that you can do man. It 100% will kill you!

Don't fuck around with your BP when there are so many ways to eliminate that issue.. Not meaning to be a dick - but you said you are young and I was just as invincible in my mind as a young man. Thankfully I had a daughter 15 and she was the life saving reality check that I needed...

No offense taken. I agree a 100% I need to get straightened out. And when I said I take it when I remember isn't totally true. I take it daily just slip up once in a while. Regardless the meds do not seem to be working. And I have a daughter due in two months so I agree needs to be taken care of.

No offense taken. I agree a 100% I need to get straightened out. And when I said I take it when I remember isn't totally true. I take it daily just slip up once in a while. Regardless the meds do not seem to be working. And I have a daughter due in two months so I agree needs to be taken care of.

Get ready man - when you hold that lil princess the first time - it's OVER !!

Now that you said you have a daughter due - I am certain that you will get it in check. The truth is that my daughter literally saved me from myself and I bet a lot of others would say the same thing.
Get healthy and be there for all the things she will need you for man. In a few years you will look back and wonder how you lived before her!

I have battled high BP for years.
Some of you may remember when I posted about my crazy cycle?
Well I had my blood pressure done and with medication my BP was normal (140's over 40's) had the girl do it 3 times to be sure.
However at that time I was feeling pretty good - hadn't started to have crazy anxiety like I have had for the past 2+ years, I mean I had anxiety but now its really bad.
Stress, as has been mentioned is the WORST things for BP.
You can have healthy BP and get stressed and BOOM up she goes - now thats going to happen no matter what in life but its when you have prolonged stress like being in a bad relationship or job that you have to deal with daily, weekly, monthly etc...long term elevated BP is a real killer. The body was designed to deal with short term but not constant elevation.
Meditation, exercise and a conscious effort to not let the small things get to you really help, sounds easier than done I know.

Not to preach but I was in the same boat awhile back , had ACL surgery on my left knee for the second time, drinking an 18 pack on my days off work , drinking nyquil to fall asleep at night and to cure the hang over, tried the weed thing to help with the pain in my knee.
Then 8 wks ago my wife made a deal with me quit drinking until thanksgiving and she would order my exhaust for my truck as a at a boy... so 8 wks down and my BP is 120/60 my dr. is happy lost a shit load of fat and been busting my ass lifting , I feel great I even went as far as to cut out drinking Pop or soda..

My wife told my two days ago that I'm looking great and with all this going on we are now having sexy 4-5 times a week :headband: starting to see that the drinking was nothing but a waist of time and $$$$$ its just a short time fix to hide your problems ,which will cause more harm in the long run

Sorry to hijack your thread , Keep your head up and drop the drinking and hit the weights you will thank yourself

Going extended periods with high BP is one of the most reckless things you can do. With that will come kidney issues and changes in lipids.

clean your lifestyle up, donate blood, take baby aspirin, garlic pill, and fish oils ed.. helped me out

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear