over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Pressure

subzero

Registered
Do any of you guys take a supplement to help lower blood pressure? Mine is starting to get high 140/90. I'm not looking to change diet just add something that will help lower it. Don't want to take blood pressure pills.
Any suggestions? Thanks

Are you using a electric Blood pressure? Mine runs high with electric automatic Blood pressure cuffs, and my arm dosnt fit in the ones at Walgreens, like most here.

Just went in and had my BP checked manually and there was 15 systolic difference versus the electric one I have.

Things that I use to lower my BP...

Co Q10 (studies shows takes 4-12 wks to help)
Potasium
Magnisium
Hawthorn
Caffene reduction (Im much more sensitive to stimulants with cycles)
Stress reduction ( I personally get stressed very easy and can raise my systolic 20 in just seconds and takes a while to go down)
I have gotten better with yoga or relaxing thru breathing :)

subzero.. i am not doubting you that you are having high bloodpressure but i am going to speak from personal experience that i just lived right now.....

i havent checked my blood pressure in a while and i decided that for the last 2 days i wanted to check it.... yesetrday it was 140/95 and today was 150/95
i checked numerous times (not right after the other.=) i was panicing bad.... i know its not crazy high but its high enough for me to worry....

Needless to say i called my aunt registered nurse and asked her if i should go to the doc or wait .. she then asked me how i took my blood pressure.... i told her with the cheap walgreens moniter (there the stethescope**spelling) is attached to the cuff....

she went through some steps with me to insure proper reading

-make sure the scope is where your elbow folds--in the middle but more towards the outer potion of your arm ...

-******** make sure the cuff fits your arm*********** i was so caught up on this point that instead of making the cuff too tight i was making it tooo looseee.... it should be snug not not cutting off circulation. If you had the cuff on your arm and stood up, it should not move....

- and lastly when you are releasing the pressure on the cuff .. dont go to slow listen attentivly and let the pressure go at a smooth pace... if you are like me and go to slow you will get worried and bp *can jump around*

needless to say after doing this i checked my bp 5 times in a row.....

110/70

i dont know if this helpsss but i just wanted to share with you.....

if your bp is indeed high ... while on cycle i took coq10, hawthorn berry, and fish oil my bp was elevated but not by alot

have a good one be safe
charles

Thanks guys. I know the machine at Walgreens are not that good, but mine was check by my doctor. Thank you all for your suggestions....

Thanks guys. I know the machine at Walgreens are not that good, but mine was check by my doctor. Thank you all for your suggestions....

Bro - if there is a problem, get some proper meds via your doctor or somehow. You don't want to play with high bp. Supplements are at best marginally useful. You can try various beta blockers, ACE inhibitors, etc.

You are not very high. Get it remeasured and if too high or you feel uncomfortable, a low dose of meds should help. Make sure you are not having fluid retention via estrogen. That's easy to fix.

Have you tried 30min of cardio daily? This cures 98% of BP issues.

there was a study that eating dark chocolate-over 70% cocoa-lowers blood pressure like 5 points

i am not sure about naturally, unfortunately for me high blood pressure is in my family so i have been on meds for it for years, but dvds dont effect it anymore.

Make sure you get it checked manually as the cuffs are too small and will always read higher for guys with bigger arms. I have severe sleep apnea and weigh 248lbs which both raises your bp so I try to watch it too cause I dont want to be on meds.

COq10
Red beets
oatmeal
all help, and cut down on your salt and caffeine

Does anybody know what are the side effects associated with taking high blood pressure medication?? If any.

Does anybody know what are the side effects associated with taking high blood pressure medication?? If any.

Depends on which one. Go to WebMd or another reliable Internet source of info. Frequently, there are no side effects. I've used beta blockers (often considered the worst for sides) with few sides. I got some positive sides like lowering heart rate and getting rid of bp headaches.

The side effects of *not* using bp meds can include strokes, death, etc. If your bp is high, you try different meds and see which ones offer the best mix of blood pressure reduction and few sides.

i dont know what the big deal is about people not wanting to take bp meds, i have hereditary high blood pressure and im on lisinopril its good stuff and no sides

i dont know what the big deal is about people not wanting to take bp meds, i have hereditary high blood pressure and im on lisinopril its good stuff and no sides

yep. And folk remedies often are ineffective or have unpredictable sides due to "dirty pharmacology". Instead of taking just one thing, you eat some plant extract containing a thousand different alkaloids, most unstudied.

"Natural" does not equal better. First, "natural" doesn't mean it belongs in the diet. Try some natural hemlock extract -- oops! Second, when you are addressing something serious like high bp, you want stuff that is proven effective in real clinical trials vs. placebos.

Really for your blood pressure, they aren't going to prescribe anything too heavy. So your sides should be minimal.

Unless you have a high heart rate/low cardiac output, they will probably put you on an Ace-Inhibitor. More than likely it will be lisinopril. Google it. It's an old, but well tried and true drug. Very few sides. VERY inexpensive ($5 a month for generic). I've used it and really, really liked it. Since then I've moved onto a Beta-Block but that's to control my HR and BP.

Blood pressure meds aren't going to whack you out, screw you up, etc. They really aren't THAT bad. Just do your research. Lisinopril is the most common prescribed Ace-Inhibitor. Lopressor (metoprolol) is probably the most prescribed Beta Blocker (Coreg is up there fairly high as well). There are Calcium Channel Blockers but I rarely see those used, to tell you the truth.

Blood pressure and AAS is NOT something you want to screw with. I see enough 30-50 year olds coming in with debilitating strokes and heart attacks as it is. Try not using the entire right side of your body for a day and tell me how much it sucks.

For everyone else. Please remember a few things:

- A one time reading is NOT a good indication of your blood pressure. It needs to be tracked. Check it at the same day, in the same position, with the same amount of a rest each day for a few days. That gives you a fairly good idea. I can check mine at the beginning of my shift and at the end, there can be a 20 point difference!

- Use the proper cuff size. Too big, too small, they can all make a big difference in the final outcome. I usually see a 15-20 point difference between the improper and proper sized cuffs.

- Don't use those machines at stores. They are bullshit.

- If you don't know how to do it yourself, either learn or find someone. A lot of hospitals and community centers offer free BP screenings (and cholesterol at like $10-$15). Know someone going to nursing school? Have them show you how. It's a VERRRRRRY easy skill to learn. If the idiots at work can do it, so can you. For under $40 you can get a stethoscope and BP cuff (don't buy the expensive ones, you aren't listening for heart valves to close, the cheap $20 scope will work fantastic).

- Those new commercials about not asking your doctor questions........well they are the damn truth. If you have a concern, ASK THEM. Don't be afraid. Tell them you can't afford this type of med and have them write for another. Think you may sound like a dumbass? Trust me, they've heard worse. Once had a lady use a tampon to stop her diarrhea......think your question is dumber than that?

Last edited:
For those of you that have used hawthorne berry to help lower yor blood pressure, what dosage did you use to see results??

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws