over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BLOOD SUGAR

hollaatyaboyy1

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For those of you that use or have used a meter what blood glucose levels do you try to stay at before during and after a workout ?

I use one but i dont try to stay at any particular level i use it to stress of my work out i have noticed that of i wake up and is 89 or 90 after training if i train hard enough it jumps to maybe 122 if iam lifting i train station fasted in the morning i started monitoring it 2 years ago after a long bulk doc said my sugar was high 3months later i was normal but i just kept it up ever since

Sent from my SM-G920T using Professional Muscle mobile app

I use one but i dont try to stay at any particular level i use it to stress of my work out i have noticed that of i wake up and is 89 or 90 after training if i train hard enough it jumps to maybe 122 if iam lifting i train station fasted in the morning i started monitoring it 2 years ago after a long bulk doc said my sugar was high 3months later i was normal but i just kept it up ever since

Been trying to dial in my skin and carb protocol. I pinned 4iu of novolog with a pre workout meal 50g protein 30grams of carbs form pineapple. Mid way through the workout (intensity 7/10) started feeling light headed. Intra workout shake is 50g protein 25 grams carbs. Took a reading and got 72. Cut the workout short. I'm sure if I was going all out I would have went full hypo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been trying to dial in my skin and carb protocol. I pinned 4iu of novolog with a pre workout meal 50g protein 30grams of carbs form pineapple. Mid way through the workout (intensity 7/10) started feeling light headed. Intra workout shake is 50g protein 25 grams carbs. Took a reading and got 72. Cut the workout short. I'm sure if I was going all out I would have went full hypo

Just do fasted in the morning. I dont give a shit what mine is pre/post and every person here will have a different ratio based on when their preworkout meal is/genetics.

Stick to first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, THOSE NUMBERS will tell you more.

Just do fasted in the morning. I dont give a shit what mine is pre/post and every person here will have a different ratio based on when their preworkout meal is/genetics.

Stick to first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, THOSE NUMBERS will tell you more.

81-90 fasted in the morning. The reason I'm asking is because I was trying to dial in my slin dose and carbs. So I don't go hypo and not get fat

I have no user experience with slin just been researching it last few months cause im planning on it. the info i found pointed more to not over doing your carbs,making sure there is little to no fat in the few meals before and after pinning slin and pinning in a area tha can take the fat not around the ab area also using it in conjuction with gh helps that as well sorry cant be of more help still in the research phase myself

81-90 fasted in the morning. The reason I'm asking is because I was trying to dial in my slin dose and carbs. So I don't go hypo and not get fat

Your fasted glucose is fine. Anything 90 or less is healthy.

Last edited:

This is the meat of your question.

First, are you aware that Novolog is a very fast acting insulin? It hits hard and fast, and may require youto have lots of carbs on hand to avoid going hypo during training.

Secondly.... you are clearly not consuming enough carbs if you are going hypo. You are obviously pretty sensitive to insulin if 4 iu is making you go hypo. The logical, easy answer is to up your carbs. 20g of carb intra-workout is barely enough even if you aren't using ANY insulin.

Try consuming 50g carb next time.

In any case, Humulin-R is considered better for a pre-workout insulin, as it lasts around 5 hours.

Personally, I've never used Novolog. Given it's short duration, it sounds better for a post-workout type of insulin. I would try using it post workout, when you're in a situation at home with plenty of available food around. I wouldn't really want that powerful of an insulin hitting me in the middle of the gym, or potentially inhibitting my training, when I don't have access to extra carbs.

If you insist on using it pre-workout, just drink more carbs and aminos during the workout. Stop using the protein powders, as they are slower digesting.

Last edited:
Humalog is the way to go and the rule of thumb is to consume at least 10gms of carbs for each iu of insulin. Stay away from insulins that loop.

This is the meat of your question.

First, are you aware that Novolog is a very fast acting insulin? It hits hard and fast, and may require youto have lots of carbs on hand to avoid going hypo during training.

Secondly.... you are clearly not consuming enough carbs if you are going hypo. You are obviously pretty sensitive to insulin if 4 iu is making you go hypo. The logical, easy answer is to up your carbs. 20g of carb intra-workout is barely enough even if you aren't using ANY insulin.

Try consuming 50g carb next time.

In any case, Humulin-R is considered better for a pre-workout insulin, as it lasts around 5 hours.

Personally, I've never used Novolog. Given it's short duration, it sounds better for a post-workout type of insulin. I would try using it post workout, when you're in a situation at home with plenty of available food around. I wouldn't really want that powerful of an insulin hitting me in the middle of the gym, or potentially inhibitting my training, when I don't have access to extra carbs.

If you insist on using it pre-workout, just drink more carbs and aminos during the workout. Stop using the protein powders, as they are slower digesting.

I swore off the slin after the 4 iu deal. But I love the pumps I get from it and I'm using along side injectable l carnitine. So I decided to go with

3iu pre workout

immediately after

15 carbs from pineapple
15 carbs jasmine rice
50g liquid eggwhites (drank)

Intra
25 carbs from raging full
50 grams super hydrolyzed protein
Bcaa,eaa
10grams creatine

And I get pretty damn good the whole workout. It is now 2.5 hours since injection and I haven't had my post workout meal yet and no signs of hypo.

I think I needed a combo of fast and slow carbs in that pre workout meal so my sugar wasn't spiking and then dyin off by the time I hit the gym and started sipping my Intra drink

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447