over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Sweat and Gear SPECIAL EDITION

EMPIREMIND

Registered
Just heard this podcast and man I feel for skip. It is really a mindfuck thinking about it. Hopefully he gets better and can find a happy medium at some point. Such a good resource with his articles and hilarious to listen to. I wish him the best!

**broken link removed**

Glad he's recognizing it's time to scale everything back - Father Time remains undefeated despite our best efforts.

Will give this a listen later today. Hope he is good.

cliff notes of what happened?

Skip is having bad edema from his toes all the way up his calf - like 15 - 20lbs. of water. He's worried about his kidneys and said his blood pressure has always been fairly high. He's pulled out of whatever show he was prepping for. Also thinks he has some long-term issues related to DNP use last year though doesn't believe the edema is related.

Was worried when he said he was gonna start blasting again prepping for the show knowing that he had went on TRT in the past because of health issues. Hope he gets it all figured out. Hes a fountain of knowledge and seems like a great guy

Yeah - the first 5-10 minutes I kept wondering "What is going on?", as it took them a while to "spill the beans". It's rough though. I think he is not alone in facing health issues, yet still wanting to be "stuck in his ways" and go back to blasting full bore.

I know that when that day comes for me, it will be a difficult decision to know that I will never look as good as I once did...

That’s terrible hope he takes care of it and gets it under control. Thx for posting the radio, lots of episodes to listen to.

That’s terrible hope he takes care of it and gets it under control. Thx for posting the radio, lots of episodes to listen to.

Its a great show. Yes its informative but its also really entertaining

Eventually he’ll go on lasix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a great show. Yes its informative but its also really entertaining

I like it as well. Unfortunately the other "expert" on the show - "S2H", sometimes says stuff that is just straight up false, but he states it as fact. For example, he's said multiple times that above a certain age (I think he claimed 35 or 40) you secrete 0 endogenous GH. Not that GH output declines with age, but that men over the age of 35 or 40 don't produce GH at all. The other hosts asked for clarification and he stuck by it, and has repeated it on multiple shows.

There have been other examples of him saying equally silly things.

I don't mind someone stating an opinion, but I don't like when someone makes a habit of confidently stating things as fact that are patently false.

Edema like that can be due to heart failure too. I hope his heart is ok.

Eventually he’ll go on lasix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elaborate??

Lasix is the most commonly prescribed diuretic- to pull the edema (fluid swelling) out.

I wouldn't make any generalizations though, to be certain. If there is trouble with the kidneys or even potential trouble, lasix will destroy them. The thing to remember is Lasix works for interstitial edema, but it will badly deplete someone intravascularly. If intravascular volume depletes the kidneys will take the hit first, because they need water. Think of them like a coffee filter for your body.

It's none of my business frankly; it's between a person, their labs, and their doctor.

If one of his clients were experiencing those symptoms I’m sure he wouldn’t ignore it. Sometimes it hard to admit we have a problem. I hope he’s ok. Love listening to any podcast Skips a part of.

I like it as well. Unfortunately the other "expert" on the show - "S2H", sometimes says stuff that is just straight up false, but he states it as fact. For example, he's said multiple times that above a certain age (I think he claimed 35 or 40) you secrete 0 endogenous GH. Not that GH output declines with age, but that men over the age of 35 or 40 don't produce GH at all. The other hosts asked for clarification and he stuck by it, and has repeated it on multiple shows.

There have been other examples of him saying equally silly things.

I don't mind someone stating an opinion, but I don't like when someone makes a habit of confidently stating things as fact that are patently false.

Luckily S2H doesnt talk much and when he does he sounds like hes half a sleep. Wish the show was only skip and the host

Luckily S2H doesnt talk much and when he does he sounds like hes half a sleep. Wish the show was only skip and the host

Not for nothing but it basically is just that because Scott like you said he doesn't talk very much. Skip is definitely the main pull for the show.

I know that when that day comes for me, it will be a difficult decision to know that I will never look as good as I once did...

Not only that but to think you might not be able to workout and do what you love... That's a tough pill to swallow.

Not only that but to think you might not be able to workout and do what you love... That's a tough pill to swallow.

It comes down to Maslow's hierarchy of needs. When things go wrong and you have to let certain things go you realize that bodybuilding is actually pretty darn low down on the hierarchy. When you are healthy and hitting the iron hard though it seems much higher up.

Just heard this podcast and man I feel for skip. It is really a mindfuck thinking about it. Hopefully he gets better and can find a happy medium at some point. Such a good resource with his articles and hilarious to listen to. I wish him the best!
QUOTE]

I've worked with Skip in the past and he's full of real world knowledge and experience. The BSG podcast is one of my favorites and even though I'm not working directly with him anymore I consider him my coach and continue learning from him. At 54 years old I'm interested in doing this all in a healthy manner.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131