over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood thinner/BP med while on cycle?

bigtasty25

Registered
I don’t actually cycle anymore although I did for many years but I do take HRT from my doc the last 5 years or so and hgh on my own . I’ve taken 4iu for as long as I can remember but the last few months upped it to 8iu and noticed fantastic gains while lean bulking as well as cutting (for a month). Had to stop because my general doc told me I had polycythemia and my blood pressure was elevated...so had to down it to 4iu. And yes I was taking toprol (a blood pressure med) while on it, but evidently even at a higher than prescribed dose that still wasn’t enough to bring down my BP. I gave blood to lower to RBC count and came down to 4iu the last couple weeks...and my blood pressure thankfully is normalized ��

evidently higher dosages of hgh increase RBC production in the bone marrow. I am thinking of going back on the higher dose in 6 weeks or so..but just wanted to know...do any of you guys use BP meds while on cycle, or on higher dosages of hgh? What about blood thinners? I researched pentoxyfylline for improving blood flow...anyone have any experience with it? Back when I used to cycle I’d normally take an ace inhibitor like lisinipril and and a beta blocker like metoprolol (toprol)to keep my BP in check. Anyone do anything similar? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Lots of guys take BP meds while on Cycles. Check 3 times a day for average and 5 days straight. I would not recommend any Blood thinner without a Doctor.

How high was your hemoglobin/hematocrit? IMO you are playing with fire there. That's what I did, had a heart attack later on.

How high was your hemoglobin/hematocrit? IMO you are playing with fire there. That's what I did, had a heart attack later on.

I am going to get my blood test results ASAP, just requested them on the quest diagnostics website. So sorry to hear about what happened to you but thank god you are okay! What were you taking ?

I took a screen shot of my test results online but not able to attach it because even though it shows it attached , when I try to close the window nothing happens :/

But Maldorf to answer your question hemoglobin is 14.7 (in range) and hematocrit 46.2. (In range)

Last edited:
How did your physician determine you have polycythemia if your HH (hemoglobin/ hematocrit) are perfectly fine?

And don't ponder the thought of using any type of an anticoagulant. Not a good idea unless medically necessary. Antiplatelet like 81mg of ASA, sure.

How did your physician determine you have polycythemia if your HH (hemoglobin/ hematocrit) are perfectly fine?

And don't ponder the thought of using any type of an anticoagulant. Not a good idea unless medically necessary. Antiplatelet like 81mg of ASA, sure.

Stewie I think I misunderstood her..not polycythemia , but thalassemia ...evidently it could be genetic too but from what i researched it doesn’t seem to be as serious.

And you’re right .. blood thinners are a little too hardcore, even for me I think lol. Also I feel like she over exaggerated saying I should see my endocrinologist bla bla....overall my profile looks a bit better now then it was 2.5 months ago when I was a couple weeks into the higher hgh dose. (RBC count is down a little, as is hematocrit, and hemoglobin, liver values, etc)

Last edited:
Not using BP meds on blasts in my younger days was one of the dumbest things I've ever done in my life. Most people who don't are really playing with fire unless they are constantly checking their BP and it's consistently below 125/85. Don't mess with prescription blood thinners though.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131