over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Type Diets?

I'm an A+ blood type... tried the diet a year ago for 1 month... i felt horrible... the foods allowed and/or "beneficial" for the A+ blood type turned my stomach inside out... i felt bloated a lot and just didn't feel good in general... chicken, beef, and eggs were all "bad foods" in my list... switched to cod and tuna, black beans, and other things i can't remember... it just didn't feel good at all... went back to red meat, chicken, eggs, whey... and i felt much better!

GenoType Diet

What about D`Adamos new book the GenoType Diet ?

I'm type A. If I ate that way, CYA LATER bodybuilding! LOL. That, and the food that I feel best on and make the most gains are the opposite of what I have to eat.

I really do know how my body responds to certain foods. I'll let that judge what I consume.

Yes!

Dave Villegas where are you? This is your specialty

D, didn't I introduce him to you??? He is getting his PHD at Oregon Health Sciences Univ. Besides you, smartest guy I have ever talked to. He is on here and contributes periodically but no one listens. I cannot give his SN, but PM me and I will give it to you to contact him.

Flax oil

Try to stay away from flax oil........my father has worked with UCLA, Stanford and Cal in the oncology department and tells me that flax converts easily to arachidonic acid which PROMOTES inflammation in the body.........exact opposite of what we want.

i am REALLY curious about this "blood type" diet now... after this diet i will look into it and see if i feel better. what do you guys mean by "feeling better" ? more energy? better digestion? etc? -STEELE

yeah all those symptoms you mentioned, as well as staying leaner while eating more calories. Since i digest the food better i suppose. You are wht you digest not neccassirly what you eat.....

D, didn't I introduce him to you??? He is getting his PHD at Oregon Health Sciences Univ. Besides you, smartest guy I have ever talked to. He is on here and contributes periodically but no one listens. I cannot give his SN, but PM me and I will give it to you to contact him.

Ooops overlooked this thread....yes you introduced us Phil. Dave PMed me a little while ago...I would love to see him chime in on this thread. He has great things to say on this topic. Says he reads but doesnt post much I wish he did.

Any truth to the rumor that Trina Scholer is married to Gary Leonard and they are trying to launch a nasal version of dibencozide?

http://skepdic.com/bloodtypediet.html

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/blood_group_diet.htm

**broken link removed**

D'Adamo's Blood Type Diet has met with several criticisms. The fundamental criticisms are, for one, that none of his hundreds of citations to others' research on blood groups directly support his claims of differential food tolerances and, secondly, that he provides no comparative clinical trials demonstrating efficacy of his diet.

One criticism of D'Adamo's hypotheses and recommendations claims that he provided inadequate evidence. For example, his first book, Eat Right 4 Your Type, published in 1997, contains only a bibliography. Most of his subsequent books, however, have been thoroughly referenced as far as his general theory. However, despite his providing general reasons for the classifications of various foods within his established categories of "beneficials", "neutrals" and "avoids", his specific process for reaching these conclusions of classification remain undocumented.

Although D'Adamo claims there are many ABO specific lectins in foods, this claim is, for a number of his cited cases, unsubstantiated by established biochemical research, which has not found differences in how the lectins react with a given human ABO type. A common criticism is that lectins which are preferential for a particular ABO type are not found in foods (except for one or two rare exceptions, e.g. lima bean), and that lectins with ABO specificity are more frequently found in non-food plants or animals.

Another criticism is that there are no clinical trials of the Blood Type Diet. In his first book Eat Right 4 Your Type, D'Adamo mentions being in the eighth year of a 10 year cancer trial, but no results of this trial have ever been published. In his book Arthritis: Fight It With the Blood type Diet, D'Adamo mentions an impending clinical trial of the Blood Type Diet in order to determine its effects on the outcomes of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, but no results of this trial have yet been published.

In the article "Genetic of the ABO blood system and its link with the immune system", Luiz C. de Mattos and Haroldo W. Moreira point out that D'Adamo's assertion that the O blood type was the first human blood type requires that the O gene evolved before the A and B genes in the ABO locus. Instead, phylogenetic networks of human and non-human ABO alleles show that the A gene was the first to evolve. The authors argue that, in the evolutionary sense, it would be extraordinary for normal genes (those for types A and B) to have evolved from abnormal genes (for type O).

Yamamoto et al. further note:

Although the O blood type is common in all populations around the world, there is no evidence that the O gene represents the ancestral gene at the ABO locus. Nor is it reasonable to suppose that a defective gene would arise spontaneously and then evolve into normal genes.

In May 2004, Transfusion published a study which concluded that: "Assuming constancy of evolutionary rate, diversification of the representative alleles of the three human ABO lineages (A101, B101, and O02) was estimated at 4.5 to 6 million years ago." This finding declares that ABO did not evolve in the near past, essentially contradicting that which D'Adamo suggests.

I can't believe some of you guys are buying into this, come on, it's complete garbage with ZERO scientific and medical backing.

The author is just another get rich quick gimick looking to make a quick buck off the people who won't spend 5 minutes researching what complete load of shit this diet theory is.

I flipped through one of the books at Boarders and it told me to stay away from Eggs since i am O- . i eat a good amount of eggs and now every time my wife gives them to me i ask myself is their something better i could be consuming. I just thought egg whites/ whole eggs were good protein. i dont take in enough calories to put the size on my frame i want (currently 6'3 220 aprox. 12%BF) eggs and chicken are a staple. is it worth reading more indepth?

Isnt egg supposed to be almost medical for a O- ? I thougt so atleast.

Try to stay away from flax oil........my father has worked with UCLA, Stanford and Cal in the oncology department and tells me that flax converts easily to arachidonic acid which PROMOTES inflammation in the body.........exact opposite of what we want.

I stopped using flax a while back b/c of this-- and stay away from seeds b/c of estrogen issues. Hemp oil is balanced and has a great flavor. I've also been using coconut oil and it's awesome (it has anti-microbial and anti-viral properties as well). and for those who argue about the saturated fat being an issue, my total cholesterol over the last year has ranged from 122-139 on 2-4 tblspns coconut oil/day

HAHHAHAHHAAAH

Ooops overlooked this thread....yes you introduced us Phil. Dave PMed me a little while ago...I would love to see him chime in on this thread. He has great things to say on this topic. Says he reads but doesnt post much I wish he did.

Any truth to the rumor that Trina Scholer is married to Gary Leonard and they are trying to launch a nasal version of dibencozide?

I MISSED THIS ONE. SHE ENDED UP MARRYING NELSON LADY AND MARKETING SUBMARINE SANDWICH SHAKES. IF YOU DONT GET IT PM ME.....I AM :)

I've tried 4 brands, and imo nothings comes close to Nutiva for taste and freshness

Thanks for the recommendation....I have never used it before, is it a solid or oil?

Do you use it in cooking or a supplement in shakes and drinks etc?

solid and liquid

I think the liquid point is over 77 degrees... it's good for cooking chicken, fish, veggies-- most of the time I eat it straight from the jar

I think the liquid point is over 77 degrees... it's good for cooking chicken, fish, veggies-- most of the time I eat it straight from the jar

Very interesting. I will have to experiment with it in my cooking. Thanks again!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws