over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood work and my Kidneys

Registered
I got my blood work back yesterday and my Dr. said based on my blood work my kidneys are only functioning at 60%. It time for a lifestyle change. High Blood Pressure, tren and underground gear are some of the causes. I did 6 weeks off and then 6 weeks - current which is 200mg week of test. Any suggestions, my Dr put me on 160mg Diovan and 40mg pravastatin for Cholesterol. Would being 5’10 240lbs and lifting weights alter my blood work? Are my kidneys really 60% functioning? This is a wake up call for me.
Thanks for input Bro's

March 2010
-------------
Creatinine – 1.4
GFR - 59
LDL - 160
HDL - 34

Feb -2009
-----------
Creatinine – 1.4
GFR - 60
LDL - 173
HDL - 31

Personally.......

I got my blood work back yesterday and my Dr. said based on my blood work my kidneys are only functioning at 60%. It time for a lifestyle change. High Blood Pressure, tren and underground gear are some of the causes. I did 6 weeks off and then 6 weeks - current which is 200mg week of test. Any suggestions, my Dr put me on 160mg Diovan and 40mg pravastatin for Cholesterol. Would being 5’10 240lbs and lifting weights alter my blood work? Are my kidneys really 60% functioning? This is a wake up call for me.
Thanks for input Bro's

March 2010
-------------
Creatinine – 1.4
GFR - 59
LDL - 160
HDL - 34

Feb -2009
-----------
Creatinine – 1.4
GFR - 60
LDL - 173
HDL - 31

I think he is WAY OFF.......OUT OF LINE. Those numbers do not reflect kidney damage.....GFR from an equation???? Get a 24 hour creatinine clearance test.

60% kidney function sounds like a bit of a stretch with just blood work. Did you see a nephrologist(kidney dr.) or was it your primary care doc. My creatinine runs the same as yours 1.4. Did a little research and found if you carry a lot of muscle mass it will be a touch high or you could have been a little dry. I got some repeat bloodwork don yesterday, will be interesting to see what my creatinine and BUN are.

I think he is WAY OFF.......OUT OF LINE. Those numbers do not reflect kidney damage.....GFR from an equation???? Get a 24 hour creatinine clearance test.

that equation the lab most likely used is meant for your average Joe with average muscle mass, and . The cockcroft-gault equation is more useful for you most likely. you can find it here: GFR Calculator
The difference being this one takes your bodyweight into consideration.

Phil is correct, you should take a 24h creatinine clearance test (urinate in a bottle over span of 24h).

I had the same scare a year ago, and did much research at the time. My eGFR is 60 as calculated by the standard method. I'm 5'8" 230lbs ~14%.

I also found conflicting stories on taking creatine monohydrate as it may artificially elevate creatinine levels. So, I advise just to be sure next time before taking your 24h test you should refrain from taking creatine supplements and any activities that will really break down your muscle at least 3-5 days before your test, as your creatinine levels will reflects this damage. This way you will get a more accurate result.

Even at rest your creatinine level should be higher than the average Joe as you have more muscle to breakdown.

I will say that my worst eGFR levels have been when using Tren.

Hope this helps.

Seems like all BBers who do bloodwork have a kidney scare at some point, it sucks for us that Creatinine has been picked as the substance to indicate kidney function, since increased muscle mass produces more of it, and it is metabolized from Creatine.

Seems like all BBers who do bloodwork have a kidney scare at some point, it sucks for us that Creatinine has been picked as the substance to indicate kidney function, since increased muscle mass produces more of it, and it is metabolized from Creatine.

Yeah I gotta go in the morning and have "the talk" with my doc, again, levels are high on some things

The last time I got a blood test done the doctor said I have "impaired kidney function". He didn't act like it was anything serious. The funny thing is, I've never done any really heavy cycles, and I usually don't eat over 200 grams of protein a day.

same thing happened to me. my gfr was the same and they didnt take inconsideration that i am african american. these tests are not that great for the bodybuilder/powerlifter. when you tend to have more muscle mass then the usuall person your creatinine levels can be elevated. creatine clearance is the way to go like stated before.

Phil,

Just wanted to say that your knowledge kinda amazes me. I am a health care professional and thought I knew alot about these kinds of things but everyday I learn something new here!

Thanks for your wisdom!!

Thanks for the input, I have a apt with a Kidney Dr. next week. I will keep you guys posted.

OH THANK YOU!!

Phil,

Just wanted to say that your knowledge kinda amazes me. I am a health care professional and thought I knew alot about these kinds of things but everyday I learn something new here!

Thanks for your wisdom!!

But, as you know now, the more you learn, the more you see that you do not know.........its never ending.........humbling is a better word.

Went to to Kidney Dr. and I got a 24 hour creatinine clearance test. All is good, my kidneys are fine.

Thanks Phil for the advice!!!

Anabolic doc...

I kinda like this guy. He does a column at MD I believe but he specializes in taking care of bodybuilders/powerlifters, etc. He explains that most doctors don't have a clue to what bigger men's labs, etc. should be.

You can retain his services by contacting his office, which is east somewhere.

He will handle everything from BP to TRT!

Check him out at MD's website.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner