over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood work (hdl ldl)

Fitch92

Registered
Just finished a 16 week run of Test 400mg and Primo 400mg. On TRT 150mg/week now. Here is my recent blood work. A little concerned due to my lipid panel. Thoughts and recommendations?

27 yo male. 5'9" 170ish

Attachments

• IMG_2872.jpg
    IMG_2872.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2873.PNG
    IMG_2873.PNG
    96.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2874.jpg
    IMG_2874.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2875.PNG
    IMG_2875.PNG
    97.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2871.PNG
    IMG_2871.PNG
    69.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I would look into citrus bergamot, and especially krill oil. Also, berberine or metformin.

I don't know what your diet is like, but I would get on a lot of healthy fats too.

I wouldn't be as concerned about the HDL being where it's at as the LDL. I've seen much lower "good" cholesterol (mine included), especially coming off a blast. You can look into adding more oats into your diet. Some studies link them to lowering LDL. Also, you can try adding niacin as studies show it raises HDL.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will look into the recommended supps. Currently I take niacin, pantothenic acid, humanofort and melatonin.

Diet is "clean", not super strict: only drink water and black coffee, no fast food, lots of home cooked meals. Probably more red meat than I should. A few craft beers a week. Typically 2 large meals and a protein shake a day. Around 200g protein/day, low carb on non weight lifting days.

I will admit I'm not to interested in adding metformin. I'm a healthcare provider and don't think too highly of the drug. Can you tell me a bit more about why you would recommend that?

Last edited:
Well other than lipids, your blood work is excellent. Jealous of the 74 glucose number.

Now that you're done blasting, take the supps warlock recommended and you'll be fine.

Big mistake you made was not getting CRP and homocysteine tested. If those are good, then it would make the lipid panel even less important.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will look into the recommended supps. Currently I take niacin, pantothenic acid, humanofort and melatonin.

Diet is "clean", not super strict: only drink water and black coffee, no fast food, lots of home cooked meals. Probably more red meat than I should. A few craft beers a week. Typically 2 large meals and a protein shake a day. Around 200g protein/day, low carb on non weight lifting days.

I will admit I'm not to interested in adding metformin. I'm a healthcare provider and don't think too highly of the drug. Can you tell me a bit more about why you would recommend that?

Berberine is over the counter and works in many ways similar to metformin. You can look into this supplement as it might help as well.

From Dr. Wolfson

LIPID PROFILE

In 2004, an article described how berberine reduced serum cholesterol by 29%, triglycerides by 35%, and LDL-cholesterol by 25%.(10)
A 2009 study reported that in rats, berberine prevented the development of fatty liver. This was followed in 2011 by a randomized controlled trial of 60 humans with fatty liver disease. Berberine demonstrated a 70% improvement in liver ultrasounds. Total cholesterol and triglycerides also decreased significantly in this trial. These patients took 0.5 g of berberine twice per day.(11)
A 2010 human clinical trial was done with berberine in 60 patients with type-2 diabetes. The berberine group had significantly lower levels of free fatty acids, chemicals that are toxic to the pancreas and linked with insulin resistance. Free fatty acids are easily measured on standard blood tests. (12)

Although I am not a proponent of statins, berberine combined with statins improved the lipid profile more than either product alone. (13,14)
While improving lipids may improve cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk, berberine has other beneficial actions that lower CVD risk. It improves arterial endothelial function and suppresses proinflammatory cytokines, actions that should improve heart health. (15)

If you are concerned about your cholesterol levels, you might want to get a NMR test done. This will give you a better picture.

You might find this article helpful:

https://www.thedrswolfson.com/ldl-bad-good/

This is a very small fragment from that link where he mentioned berberine as one of the best supplements.

What should you do if your LDL particle number is high?
Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition are the keys to healthy lipid numbers. If, despite your best efforts, LDL particle counts are still high, here are some supplement approaches to lower the number down without resorting to dangerous pharmaceuticals.
This molecule derived from plants has been studied by the Chinese for many years. Berberine is an excellent supplement to lower LDL particle numbers as it works to increase hepatic LDL receptors to clear LDL from the blood stream. Berberine also lowers blood sugar.

Hdl to trig ratio is the predictor of heart disease not hdl to ldl. In addition, ldl has multiple particle sizes one of which does not contribute to atherosclerosis. I wouldn't lose my cool over those values, but if your concerned some of the aforementioned supplements can help.

Just finished a 16 week run of Test 400mg and Primo 400mg. On TRT 150mg/week now. Here is my recent blood work. A little concerned due to my lipid panel. Thoughts and recommendations?

27 yo male. 5'9" 170ish

Get a high quality fish oil and immediately incorporate this into your protocol. This is a must. Also...eat a quality oatmeal everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdl to trig ratio is the predictor of heart disease not hdl to ldl. In addition, ldl has multiple particle sizes one of which does not contribute to atherosclerosis. I wouldn't lose my cool over those values, but if your concerned some of the aforementioned supplements can help.
I've read the biggest predictor of heart disease is Total/HDL and his is 7.8 (5 is considered average risk with lower being better, so 7.8 is higher than average risk).

At one point that was what one would look for. In the last few years the consensus has shifted to a low hdl high trig, especially when acompanied by insulin resistance which based on his lab work isn't an issue ( low normal glucose)

If he was my patient I would have him wait another few weeks for his hormone levels to stabilize back at the trt dose, redraw the cmp and then recommend treatment if necesay at that point.

At one point that was what one would look for. In the last few years the consensus has shifted to a low hdl high trig, especially when acompanied by insulin resistance which based on his lab work isn't an issue ( low normal glucose)
One google search said the Trig:HDL ratio of 2 was average; 4 was too high; and 6 was much too high. Is this inline with your understanding?

One google search said the Trig:HDL ratio of 2 was average; 4 was too high; and 6 was much too high. Is this inline with your understanding?

Yes, and his is right at 6, concerning no doubt. But figure he's just coming off a cycle of cholesterol based hormones that effect lipid metabolism, and those elevated values are likely transient. Chances are in a few weeks time his hdl will rise and other lipid biomarkers will fall. This is proposing he hasn't had lipid abnormalities prior to this cycle and these values aren't reflective of that

I've read the biggest predictor of heart disease is Total/HDL and his is 7.8 (5 is considered average risk with lower being better, so 7.8 is higher than average risk).

There is evidence of there being zero connection between cholesterol and heart disease so this is all debatable. This doesn't, however, mean not to do anything about it. I'd wait 6 weeks to get bloodwork again and I'd guess it'll be fine.

Last edited:
Get a high quality fish oil and immediately incorporate this into your protocol. This is a must. Also...eat a quality oatmeal everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would rather use Krill.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear