advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood work Major issues going on here...

MissyM

Registered
I met with my doc yesterday to go over my blood tests. All cholesterol numbers were within range:
Total 125
HDL 41
LDL 68
Triglycerides 80

The big concern was my Hemoglobin at 8.5 L and Hematocrit at 28.8. She told me they usually perform blood transfusions at 9. She said everything else was perfect and these numbers didn't make sense. I'm currently finishing up my second cycle and I know steroids affect Hemoglobin and Hematocrit, but the effect is a higher level, not the lower one I'm experiencing. I'm not sure what to think. I did a chest x-ray and am getting another blood test to see if this wasn't an error. Anyone ever here of users getting congestive heart failure or anemia after only 2 cycles? Doesn't seem to make sense.

A hemoglobin that low May or may not be of concern. The most important thing to note is when was your last lab work done and what was the result as this gives some reference. Also are you male or female and how old are you. I'm going to assume by your name your female, but correct me if I'm wrong. The most common cause of anemia in females is iron deficiency. This is usually brought on by periods, the heavier, the worse the anemia. A good indication of this, would be if you had any symptoms - fatigue sleepiness weakness etc. If you didn't have them, then this is probably a chronic condition (such as iron deficiency) that your body has become accustomed to. Either way, it's a pretty easy to tell what the cause is by getting a complete blood count, with ferritin levels. There are other things, but that is by far the most common and probably no cause for concern until proven otherwise

Thank you for the information. I'm actually a 31 yr. male. My last bloodwork was done in Feb. 2009 prior to any cycles and the numbers were normal.

This current test shows normal white blood cell counts and normal red blood cell counts. I do not see the word ferratin on the results, however I see on my script for tomorrow's blood test that she ordered an anemia panel and ferritin is listed there.

I've been going nuts today reading about congestive heart failure and it sure seems like I have most of the major symptoms. Fatigue, shortness of breath, cough, dizzy, and swelling of the legs.

Just can't imagine 2 fairly basic cycles would cause this. First cycle was 30 dbol for 4 weeks, 500 Test e for 10. That was last Spring. Second cycle was 30 dbol for 6 weeks, 300 deca for 10, and 500 Test for 15. I developed the cough around the 6th week on both cycles, as well as the leg swelling. Currently in 14th week of this second cycle and leg swelling has disappeared since around 11th week.

Blood pressure has always been great. I'm at 210 lbs. around 8% bf.

Since your a guy, iron deficiency is probably out. There are many other causes though, from b12/ folate deficiency to even lab error. Your doc should be able to figure it out with further testing. Additionally, I wouldn't get to worked up about congestive heart failure. At 31, it would be pretty rare (unless your a heavy cocaine user), and if you did have it, it most likely wouldn't be from 2 cycles. The symptoms you attribute to CHF are the same symptoms of anemia, which we know you have so it makes since. Also the symptoms of swelling (that has since subsided), are a known side of carrying extra fluids while on cycle, which we know your on, so it makes sense. CHF is something that doesn't happen in 14 weeks, it takes a long time (years) to develop. If you are that worried your doctor may check a bnp. It's a peptide released by the atrium of the heart when it is overloaded. 99.9% of the time, it is elevated in CHF.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity