over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood work pic on 500mg test E/week

MrSaturatedFat

Registered
33 year old male.
5'11", 222lbs.

Been "on" for years now, low dosing at 150/week, high of 500/week, all Test E. I've thrown in Tren here and there, but haven't been on that in a long time.

I supplement daily with a baby ASA, Krill oil, Iron, Vit C, Milk Thistle. Diet consists of eggs/olive oil for breakfast, and the next 3 meals are usually Chicken, green beans, and 1 avocado. I'll snack on low sodium rice cakes+PB+little bit of honey.

I did 2 self phlebotomies prior to my labs being pulled. Previous blood work of mine showed my Crit getting to 55+. So I pulled a pint, waited 3 weeks, then pulled a 1/2 pint, then got my labs done.

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on supplements/other things to help with my LDL. I've always had problems with it+family history. Also, Does my 3800 test level seem about right for someone on 500mg a week?

*Big shoutout to Kadryln for posting about Jason Health. I got labs for cheap, and much closer to my house :)*

eFVEb6l.png

Your test level looks to be right on. I take 100 mg/wk and that puts me in the low to mid 800s. If you take your level and divide by 5 that would be mid 700s which is right around where I am. So assuming the relationship of blood level to dose is a nice straight arithmetic line then yeah.

My cholesterol levels/ldl levels were always high (in the range yours are), and I was resistant to take a statin (despite my doc's recommendation - it would be borderline malpractice if he hadn't pushed it) based on some of the things you hear/read regarding them.

(Do some actual research and look at the studies regarding side effects, and you'll find much different information, btw.)

Anyway, I put it off and put it off, then had a heart attack, and not surprisingly, currently take a drug to regulate my cholesterol.

If this is a consistent thing for you, I implore you to look into actual drugs that make a difference as opposed to just supplements which pale in comparison regarding effects.

My cholesterol levels/ldl levels were always high (in the range yours are), and I was resistant to take a statin (despite my doc's recommendation - it would be borderline malpractice if he hadn't pushed it) based on some of the things you hear/read regarding them.

(Do some actual research and look at the studies regarding side effects, and you'll find much different information, btw.)

Anyway, I put it off and put it off, then had a heart attack, and not surprisingly, currently take a drug to regulate my cholesterol.

If this is a consistent thing for you, I implore you to look into actual drugs that make a difference as opposed to just supplements which pale in comparison regarding effects.
Ive been on Lipitor now for the 10 years after my heart attack and it works great. My LDL is really low and I have had no side effects at all. Im on the high dose too.

Good advice.

When you have a family history of something, having a good diet and supplementation isn't always enough to control it. Sometimes you just have to take a prescription drug.

Ive been on Lipitor now for the 10 years after my heart attack and it works great. My LDL is really low and I have had no side effects at all. Im on the high dose too.

Hey man, hope all is well. If you don’t mind can you throw out us all your cholesterol number? You only on Lipitor?

Scary high cholesterol.
I don't know. I think many doctors are putting more emphasis on the Total/HDL number with 5 being an "average" risk and lower being better. If so, you're approximately average (maybe a little better than average).

As far as reducing your LDL, you mentioned some of your diet but is there any/much sugar consumption? And I hope that you're not consuming any trans fats. Do you keep your bodyfat in a reasonable range (maybe 15% or less) and are you doing much exercise (walking, jogging, or biking) in addition to working out? These may have a positive affect on your LDL numbers which will lower your total cho which will lower your Total/HDL ratio ;)

Hey man, hope all is well. If you don’t mind can you throw out us all your cholesterol number? You only on Lipitor?

Yeah, just Lipitor and I pretty much eat whatever I want to. Just looked, my total cholesterol was 128. The LDL was 46 and my HDL was 29. HDL has always been low. I tried using Niaspan to raise it but it barely budged. I kinda gave up on it. I don't have any plaque buildup I know so Im not too worried. I have had like 6 angiograms now.

Your HDL/triglyceride ratio, a large predictor of cardiovascular issues, is excellent. Otherwise, bloodwork is incomplete and needs more information. No inflammatory markers done or anything like that. I'd go back in for more. Using a statin based solely on LDL-C would be grossly ignorant.

Last edited:
Like maldorf, my HDL has always been low, and I've attributed that to testosterone usage (22+ years worth).

I have taken both 80mg and 40mg of Lipitor over the last year. Currently taking 40mg, and this is where I am:

OPtHTMl.png

I don't know. I think many doctors are putting more emphasis on the Total/HDL number with 5 being an "average" risk and lower being better. If so, you're approximately average (maybe a little better than average).

As far as reducing your LDL, you mentioned some of your diet but is there any/much sugar consumption? And I hope that you're not consuming any trans fats. Do you keep your bodyfat in a reasonable range (maybe 15% or less) and are you doing much exercise (walking, jogging, or biking) in addition to working out? These may have a positive affect on your LDL numbers which will lower your total cho which will lower your Total/HDL ratio ;)

Sugar is the #1 I pay attention to and make sure to keep it as little as possible. Every time I research it, it seems to just be worse and worse for you. I do admit, I put a little bit of honey on my rice cakes for snacks. But I steer way clear of sauces/dressings/sweets. As far as fats, I stick to avacadoes and high quality olive oil. Even Centopani mentioned if your EVOO congeals in the bottle at the store, that is a EVOO with a lot of mono unsaturated fats, so I only buy those now.

I like to keep my top 4 abs visible year round. I'd say I'm under 15% mostly due to diet. I'm trying to gain right now, so I haven't been on a treadmill in a while. Every time Cholesterol gets brought up, so does cardio. I just need to force this into my training until it becomes a regular thing.

Your HDL/triglyceride ratio, a large predictor of cardiovascular issues, is excellent. Otherwise, bloodwork is incomplete and needs more information. No inflammatory markers done or anything like that. I'd go back in for more. Using a statin based solely on LDL-C would be grossly ignorant.

This was kind of a 'on a budget' blood work. I would have loved to of seen my ALT and AST as well. I'll stick to this for a month or 2 and go back for a complete set. I hear so many bad things about Statins, but a few guys in here love them. If my numbers were the same as yours, how would you address it?

This was kind of a 'on a budget' blood work. I would have loved to of seen my ALT and AST as well. I'll stick to this for a month or 2 and go back for a complete set. I hear so many bad things about Statins, but a few guys in here love them. If my numbers were the same as yours, how would you address it?

Well I wouldn’t know what to address based on that. Total cholesterol is a number I’d totally ignore for starters. I would want to get that LDL-C down but it’s more important to know my LDL-P and ApoB. I’d also need to know if I have any inflammation so I’d have to get my CRP and homocysteine checked. I also would want Lpa checked to get a bigger picture of my cardiac risk.

So until I know what’s going on, which no one here can tell you (despite some facepalm responses), I would just do what everyone should be doing. HIIT cardio and weight training a few days a week, regular walks, sauna use if you have access, 7 hours of sleep, and a heart healthy diet.

Your cholesterol isn't that high, 200 is the goal for an athlete, taking AAS will always lower your HDL and raise your LDL. Cholesterol isn't the problem anyway unless you are prone to heart disease.

No liver or kidney values?

Its amazing how doctors still push high LDL as bad.

Ask your doctor what happens to LDL when you fast for 1 week straight. No food, just water!

Pay attention to Triglycerides and HDL and if you have no history of heart disease sleep fine with high LDL

excuse me if this is off topic....

you test levels were around 4k ngdl

what # is needed to put on 20lbs of muscle a year?

1000 ngdl

5000 ngdl????

Your cholesterol isn't that high, 200 is the goal for an athlete, taking AAS will always lower your HDL and raise your LDL. Cholesterol isn't the problem anyway unless you are prone to heart disease.

No liver or kidney values?

It was my first time using Jason Health, I forgot to add the Comprehensive Metabolic Panel to the list. I'll keep what I'm doing for 3-4 weeks and get some more labs pulled. Thanks again for sharing that information.

I’m not saying your cholesterol is good in any way BUT triglycerides are a much more important factor.

I’m not saying your cholesterol is good in any way BUT triglycerides are a much more important factor.

And the Triglyceride/HDL ratio has recently been discovered to be a huge predictor of CV risk.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131