over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood work results, a little concerned, need some help

tr

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm in the middle of my prep for a show, haven't felt good for the past few days so decided to do blood work tests. Everything started last Thursday when decided to jab 2cc test prop (instead my usual 1cc test e) hour after inj experienced the worst hours in my life-was super sick,had no energy,fever,insomnia etc, thought i was dying. At first I thought that's a bad reaction to propionate. Felt better on Fri, Sat, Sun but still wasn't myself. On Sat my shoulder began to ache, couldn't sleep, few days ago the shoulder problem were solved (thanks to ibuprefon) but the pain started in my knee. Decided to do blod work test, did fasted am, posting only what come out of range. After I've got bw results, I'm thinking maybe I've got bad reactions from the dirty prop (ug stuff). For the past few days I was very thirsty, my bg droped very low few times and my vision became a little blured (diabetes sympotoms?). Also have to mention that I've had my first tren inj last Friday.

BW results:

Hgb g/l 135 - 160 161
Hct % 40 - 48 48,5
RDW-CV % 12,0 - 14,0 14,9
PDW fL 11,0 - 17,1 9,3
P-LCR % 19,0 - 47,0 18,1

AST U/l 0-40 89,56 (used dbol and var for the past 5 weeks)
ALT U/l 0-41 92,1
K mmol/l 3,7 - 5,5 5,5
Na mmol/l 146 - 157 145,9
CRB mg/L up to 5 16,05

Urine:
LEU Leu/µl --- 100,00
PRO g/l --- 0,75
GLU mmol/l ---- 3,00

What I'm really concerned:
- CRB (could this be due to dirty ug gear?)
- leukocites in urea (due infection from dirty prop?)
- protein and glocose in urea (which I haven't had in test this February, but my BUN and creatinine levels in the blood ar in normal ranges)

Now as I mentioned I'm in the middle of my prep and have few options, what would you do:
- stop the gear and preparation
- do the gear and continue prep, do the same test few weeks later if results shows worse - stop the prep

Any help appreciate! Thanks, a lot!

"Hgb g/l 135 - 160 161
Hct % 40 - 48 48,5"

This is not particularly concerning, you are barely out of range. Anabolics will increase the RBC content of your blood, which is concerning if it becomes too extreme but isn't a biggie at the level you are at.

"RDW-CV % 12,0 - 14,0 14,9"

RDW tells you how much variation there is in your red blood cell size. If you have some big ass RBCs and some smaller ones, this number is elevated. Again you are hardly out of range here and I don't think it is particularly concerning.

"AST U/l 0-40 89,56 (used dbol and var for the past 5 weeks)
ALT U/l 0-41 92,1"

Elevated liver enzymes are to be expected, they aren't high enough that I would be concerned and I don't think this can explain your symptoms. Something to keep in mind is that plenty of normal medications raise your liver enzymes briefly and doctors are cool with that.

"Na mmol/l 146 - 157 145,9"

Is it possible you are slightly dehydrated? This is most likely here.

"CRB mg/L up to 5 16,05"

Did you mean CRP here? I'm not familiar with a "CRB." If this isn't a typo, do they give any other information, maybe writing it out somewhere?

Urine:
"LEU Leu/µl --- 100,00"

Were the white blood cells elevated on the CBC?

"PRO g/l --- 0,75
GLU mmol/l ---- 3,00"

Both of these things are somewhat suggestive of diabetes. The protein may be elevated due to kidney damage from some other cause, the most likely being high blood pressure. It may also be "overflow proteinuria" from you just having a shitload of protein in your bloodstream. This is something I would have a doctor look into further, but it is a good sign that your creatinine is normal. Did they calculate your GFR?

Your low blood glucose and blurry vision don't suggest diabetes at all, just the opposite--your blood sugar is getting low. Are you taking insulin or anything?

In terms of possible infections from the injection, your white blood cell count on CBC is very important. Any fever? Any sign of infection at the injection site?

You have a kidney infection brother. Having 100,000 leukocytes in urine is a clear 100% definition of a UTI. When you have an infection the renal system is inflamed and the toxins and bacteria literally punch little tiny holes and glucose and protein will leak in the urine which it has. If you had protein and glucose in the urine without the leukocytes then diabetes would be the most likely culprit. With men, you need a fluroquinolone type of antibiotic such as ciprofloxacin 500mg twice a day for 10 days.

Also your Na level is too high for my taste. You are obviously going thru a prep but you are dehydrated. Levels above 147 are very dangerous.

"Hgb g/l 135 - 160 161
Hct % 40 - 48 48,5"

This is not particularly concerning, you are barely out of range. Anabolics will increase the RBC content of your blood, which is concerning if it becomes too extreme but isn't a biggie at the level you are at.

"RDW-CV % 12,0 - 14,0 14,9"

RDW tells you how much variation there is in your red blood cell size. If you have some big ass RBCs and some smaller ones, this number is elevated. Again you are hardly out of range here and I don't think it is particularly concerning.

"AST U/l 0-40 89,56 (used dbol and var for the past 5 weeks)
ALT U/l 0-41 92,1"

Elevated liver enzymes are to be expected, they aren't high enough that I would be concerned and I don't think this can explain your symptoms. Something to keep in mind is that plenty of normal medications raise your liver enzymes briefly and doctors are cool with that.

"Na mmol/l 146 - 157 145,9"

Is it possible you are slightly dehydrated? This is most likely here.

"CRB mg/L up to 5 16,05"

Did you mean CRP here? I'm not familiar with a "CRB." If this isn't a typo, do they give any other information, maybe writing it out somewhere?

Urine:
"LEU Leu/µl --- 100,00"

Were the white blood cells elevated on the CBC?

"PRO g/l --- 0,75
GLU mmol/l ---- 3,00"

Both of these things are somewhat suggestive of diabetes. The protein may be elevated due to kidney damage from some other cause, the most likely being high blood pressure. It may also be "overflow proteinuria" from you just having a shitload of protein in your bloodstream. This is something I would have a doctor look into further, but it is a good sign that your creatinine is normal. Did they calculate your GFR?

Your low blood glucose and blurry vision don't suggest diabetes at all, just the opposite--your blood sugar is getting low. Are you taking insulin or anything?

In terms of possible infections from the injection, your white blood cell count on CBC is very important. Any fever? Any sign of infection at the injection site?

yes typo mistake my c reaction protein (CRP) is 16,05 (normal ranges would no more than 5)

My blood pressure are actually slightly below normal and I have about 300-400g protein/day. I was on this amount of protein for a long time (or at least 200-250g/day) doing bw every 4-6 months but glucose and protein were never foung in urine...
Yes creatinine is normal, will do GFR test next week.

No insulin, took in March for 4 weeks.

Yes site injection is swollen

You have a kidney infection brother. Having 100,000 leukocytes in urine is a clear 100% definition of a UTI. When you have an infection the renal system is inflamed and the toxins and bacteria literally punch little tiny holes and glucose and protein will leak in the urine which it has. If you had protein and glucose in the urine without the leukocytes then diabetes would be the most likely culprit. With men, you need a fluroquinolone type of antibiotic such as ciprofloxacin 500mg twice a day for 10 days.

Also your Na level is too high for my taste. You are obviously going thru a prep but you are dehydrated. Levels above 147 are very dangerous.

Infection isn't too bad I asume? Could this cause kidney failure?

I should mention that my Na levels are in mmol/l and it's actually too low 145,9 (when normal range 146 - 157 mmol/l)

yes typo mistake my c reaction protein (CRP) is 16,05 (normal ranges would no more than 5)

My blood pressure are actually slightly below normal and I have about 300-400g protein/day. I was on this amount of protein for a long time (or at least 200-250g/day) doing bw every 4-6 months but glucose and protein were never foung in urine...
Yes creatinine is normal, will do GFR test next week.

No insulin, took in March for 4 weeks.

Yes site injection is swollen

Infection isn't too bad I asume? Could this cause kidney failure?

I should mention that my Na levels are in mmol/l and it's actually too low 145,9 (when normal range 146 - 157 mmol/l)

CRP that high is definitely indicative of infection/severe inflammation. You need to get on some antibiotics asap. You are obviously not in USA and Na units are listed as mmol/l where as here we look at them as mEq/l however for sodium it is 1:1. Sodium levels are considered normal between 135-145. If you had a sodium level of 157 you pretty much die from seizures.

You make some good points here. A few more thoughts based on my experience.

(1) If the infection is actually at the level of his kidneys such that it can cause protein in the urine, he has pyelonephritis, or an infection of the kidneys. Just the white blood cells in the urine are consistent with a urinary tract infection that is less severe and not ascending up to the kidneys (i.e. not pyelonephritis).

If we assume he has a kidney infection not just a UTI, we would expect him to be considerably sicker. He should have a fever. He should have an elevated white count on his CBC. He would be likely to have some flank pain, particularly when his lower back/sides are tapped on gently with a fist. This is a more serious issue, and only it is going to cause elevated protein in the urine.

(2) If it is just a simple UTI, a big question is why exactly he has one. It is abnormal for a male to just get a UTI. I don't have much training on the connection between steroids and infection, and injections could be a nidus for infection that could concievably spread to the urinary tract, but this seems odd to me. Do steroid users commonly get UTIs?

(3) Elevated CRP is certainly consistent with some sort of infectious process, but it could be any type of inflammation. For example, some steroid users get different types of non-infectious kidney inflammation.

(4) Were you given any other urine tests that may indicate infection? For example, leukocyte esterase and other things would be elevated in a UTI. If you have any other urine values like this, list them, normal or not.

(5) If you do have a KIDNEY infection, not a urinary tract infection, it is a more serious thing you need to see a doctor for. They would likely admit you to the hospital so that they could give you IV antibiotics.

CRP that high is definitely indicative of infection/severe inflammation. You need to get on some antibiotics asap. You are obviously not in USA and Na units are listed as mmol/l where as here we look at them as mEq/l however for sodium it is 1:1. Sodium levels are considered normal between 135-145. If you had a sodium level of 157 you pretty much die from seizures.

You make some good points here. A few more thoughts based on my experience.

(1) If the infection is actually at the level of his kidneys such that it can cause protein in the urine, he has pyelonephritis, or an infection of the kidneys. Just the white blood cells in the urine are consistent with a urinary tract infection that is less severe and not ascending up to the kidneys (i.e. not pyelonephritis).

If we assume he has a kidney infection not just a UTI, we would expect him to be considerably sicker. He should have a fever. He should have an elevated white count on his CBC. He would be likely to have some flank pain, particularly when his lower back/sides are tapped on gently with a fist. This is a more serious issue, and only it is going to cause elevated protein in the urine.

(2) If it is just a simple UTI, a big question is why exactly he has one. It is abnormal for a male to just get a UTI. I don't have much training on the connection between steroids and infection, and injections could be a nidus for infection that could concievably spread to the urinary tract, but this seems odd to me. Do steroid users commonly get UTIs?

(3) Elevated CRP is certainly consistent with some sort of infectious process, but it could be any type of inflammation. For example, some steroid users get different types of non-infectious kidney inflammation.

(4) Were you given any other urine tests that may indicate infection? For example, leukocyte esterase and other things would be elevated in a UTI. If you have any other urine values like this, list them, normal or not.

(5) If you do have a KIDNEY infection, not a urinary tract infection, it is a more serious thing you need to see a doctor for. They would likely admit you to the hospital so that they could give you IV antibiotics.

Thanks guys for so much help!

Well I don't have fever and don't feel any pain in my kidneys even if tapped on gently with a fist - no pain. My WBC (white blood cels) are in normal range (result - 7,80 *10^9/L normal would be: 4,0 - 9,0) on CBC

Yes I've forgot to mention that Nitrites and bacteria (marked as 2b-don't know what it means) were found in urine too

So for the most part I have UTI? (WBC, bacteria, nitrites, protein and glucose in urine and elevated CRP, but BUN and creatinine, WBC are in normal ranges in CBC). Tommorow i will see my doctor, but I would like to get as much information as possible about this disease. What could cause it? (I've a bit enlarged prostate, could this be the reason?) I've just got ciprofloxacin, but would like to start using it after apointment to my doc.

Last edited:
So for the most part I have UTI? (WBC, bacteria, nitrites, protein and glucose in urine and elevated CRP, but BUN and creatinine, WBC are in normal ranges in CBC). Tommorow i will see my doctor, but I would like to get as much information as possible about this disease. What could cause it? (I've a bit enlarged prostate, could this be the reason?) I've just got ciprofloxacin, but would like to start using it after apointment to my doc.

A UTI can't explain the protein in your urine unless it has ascended to your kidneys, which it probably hasn't. The combination of WBCs, bacteria, and nitrites do suggest you have a UTI, which they can treat easily with an outpatient oral antibiotic (ciprofloxacin is great).

However, do not take the ciprofloxacin until you are evaluated by a doctor. They need to run a few more tests to make sure your kidneys are OK. It is a good sign that your creatinine is normal, but they need to check for casts in the urine and a few other things. You could very well have a UTI coupled with some other issue, and it is VERY important that you are fully assessed to figure that out. For example:

**broken link removed**

Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember, by the way: it is unlikely that there is any severe problem here. BUT, you do NOT want to fuck around any take any chances.

Thanks a lot, thechairiswalkin. You have helped me so much!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws