advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood work results, time to rethink things?

What did they explain?
I'm obviously not a doctor, and I don't remember exactly, but the general idea is that adding the iron in will stimulate faster increase in HCT, which is the one thing I don't want when I'm on something that already increases HCT--the Test. The HCT and ferritin move in conjunction with each other.

Hematocrit

Had BP taken last week and it was higee than normal for no apparent reason. So scheduled a blood work up and just got the results back.

A bit of history. Been on Professional Muscle for 20 plus years. Been training since 1985. Been juicing most of the past 25 years cruising and blasting but gradually winding down the last 4-5 years to 100-200 mg TRT.

5 foot 8, 235 in good shape, took me literally 15 years to get to over 225 but I did with very reasonable doses even while competing. At my most extreme never when over 1,500 MGs total weekly.

Nunbers have gradually risen over the years blood-wise and they decrease when I blood dump, which I'll do 2-3 times per year.

This latest jump (HCR and Hemo both up from June of this year significantly) while my doses have been very low, is very concerning.

I have a great diet, take every supplement for health imaginable (beet root, arginine, baby aspirin etc) yet this still happened. I drink 1.5-2 gallons water a day.

My main thoughts is this jump related to my weight-height ratio or my bare minimum androgen consumption? What is causing it?

Have dabbled with a few weeks here and there of GH the last few months, but nothing consistent

Any thoughts and or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I've seen this happen many times. It happens even more frequently in users after ~45 years of age. One thing contributing may be blood donation whilst on cycle. This seems to cause a rebounding effect that can over time send hematocrit higher and higher. The fix is to go off for 3-4 week periods rather than donate more and more frequently. You are donating 3-4 times a year, which is right where I see this start to happen. You will get a lot of advice pointing in all different directions on a BBing board. I worked in medical labs for years and have an Msc degree in biomedicine among other degrees as well as a lot of experience in communities like this. But the bottom line is do what you think is best once you weigh out the situation.

Hematocrit

Good video. Lots of information and some misinformation out there. I know some guys who’s doctors told them to donate right away. Not even asking if they were hydrated or anything else really. I think a lot of these things some doctors unfortunately don’t really know or care to educate themselves on. I know years ago when I was on trt my doctor said my levels were too high and to donate before he could give my next refill so just goes to show this is not a one size fits all thing. Same with running gear how some guys react differently then others to certain compounds.

I would donate blood every 2 months for a few times. That should lower hemo and hematocrit. My hemo was 19.8 and donating really brought that down.

I would be interested in your glomerular filtration rate (GFR) as well. Did you get that number?

His eGFR is around 73 +/- 5 mL/min/1.73m^2

I do phlebotomies at home on myself. Only concern with elevated liver enzymes would be excess iron deposits which can stress liver out. Have you had Factor V Leiden or Jak-2 mutation?

Factor V Leiden is an inherited hypercoagulable disorder which is characterized by a mutant form of Factor V clotting factor that cannot be degraded by activated protein C. Since Factor V is the initial part of the final common pathway of the clotting cascade (intrinsic and extrinsic), those affected by Factor V Leiden are more likely to develop DVT's.

If he had a JAK2 V617F mutation (the myeloproliferative neoplastic form of polycythemia vera), his platelets would be over 1,000,000/mm^3 (normal range 150,000-400,000/mm^3) and his WBC would consistently be well above the upper limit of normal which is around 11,000/mm^3.

18-Homer-Simpson.jpg

Had BP taken last week and it was higee than normal for no apparent reason. So scheduled a blood work up and just got the results back.

A bit of history. Been on Professional Muscle for 20 plus years. Been training since 1985. Been juicing most of the past 25 years cruising and blasting but gradually winding down the last 4-5 years to 100-200 mg TRT.

5 foot 8, 235 in good shape, took me literally 15 years to get to over 225 but I did with very reasonable doses even while competing. At my most extreme never when over 1,500 MGs total weekly.

Nunbers have gradually risen over the years blood-wise and they decrease when I blood dump, which I'll do 2-3 times per year.

This latest jump (HCR and Hemo both up from June of this year significantly) while my doses have been very low, is very concerning.

I have a great diet, take every supplement for health imaginable (beet root, arginine, baby aspirin etc) yet this still happened. I drink 1.5-2 gallons water a day.

My main thoughts is this jump related to my weight-height ratio or my bare minimum androgen consumption? What is causing it?

Have dabbled with a few weeks here and there of GH the last few months, but nothing consistent

Any thoughts and or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
What is your kidney function number? Thera the one that will end bodybuilding for you if it gets into the CKD range. We were always told to pay close attention to tests on liver function and heart-related stuff. Turns out it’s the kidneys failing that is the more likely result of long term use. Dante talks about this. I’m experiencing it first hand.

I do phlebotomies at home on myself. Only concern with elevated liver enzymes would be excess iron deposits which can stress liver out. Have you had Factor V Leiden or Jak-2 mutation?
I have not had the Jak-2 or Factor V. Will look into it. Have come across Jak-2 in research but the Factor V is new to me. Thank you.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws