over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bloodsugar during / shortly after workout

M@NU

Registered
Hello guys,

i would like to have your opinion on blood sugar during training / shortly after training in combination with exogenous insulin.
Is there an optimal blood sugar level to obtain during workouts/shortly after?
right now i am doing a "moderate blast".
150mg Test E eod (so about 500mg a week), 75mg Proviron, 6-7 iu HGH and 6-10iu Humalog+200mg inject. carnitine pre workout (+ 12.5mg Aromasin EOD)

my Plan was to start very slowly with the insulin, ive started at 2ius and worked my way up to 6-10 ius, dependant on which bodyparts i am working that day.
with my carbs, ive started @ 9g carbs per iu (my intra has 18g per serving), and while upping my insulin dosage ive tried to lower my carbs per IU insulin as much as possible without going hypo.
Now i am at close to 40g carbs for my 6iu shot, 60g carbs for my 10iu shot. (together with eaas, bcaas, creatine, gluta, l-carnitine tartarte, blablabla)
together i had shoulder arms and used 8iu for it and ive measured my blood sugar every 30mins.
my fasting blood sugar in the morning is 88mg/dl. During the day (i eat my carbs only around the workout) it was between 75 and 98, dependant how close to my meal or i measured or if i went for a walk before measuring etc.
ive shot insulin, measured around 8mins after and it was @ 95mg/dl. 30mins later (ive started sipping my intra @ start of workout) it was @71mg/dl. 30mins later it was @67mg/dl. 25mins later (right after workout) it was @78mg/dl.

i didnt feel bad, but i sometimes had some down episodes during the workout.
Do you think the blood sugar could be too low?
i hope this question isnt too dumb, if it is then sorry..
thanks a lot!

Hello guys,

i would like to have your opinion on blood sugar during training / shortly after training in combination with exogenous insulin.
Is there an optimal blood sugar level to obtain during workouts/shortly after?
right now i am doing a "moderate blast".
150mg Test E eod (so about 500mg a week), 75mg Proviron, 6-7 iu HGH and 6-10iu Humalog+200mg inject. carnitine pre workout (+ 12.5mg Aromasin EOD)

my Plan was to start very slowly with the insulin, ive started at 2ius and worked my way up to 6-10 ius, dependant on which bodyparts i am working that day.
with my carbs, ive started @ 9g carbs per iu (my intra has 18g per serving), and while upping my insulin dosage ive tried to lower my carbs per IU insulin as much as possible without going hypo.
Now i am at close to 40g carbs for my 6iu shot, 60g carbs for my 10iu shot. (together with eaas, bcaas, creatine, gluta, l-carnitine tartarte, blablabla)
together i had shoulder arms and used 8iu for it and ive measured my blood sugar every 30mins.
my fasting blood sugar in the morning is 88mg/dl. During the day (i eat my carbs only around the workout) it was between 75 and 98, dependant how close to my meal or i measured or if i went for a walk before measuring etc.
ive shot insulin, measured around 8mins after and it was @ 95mg/dl. 30mins later (ive started sipping my intra @ start of workout) it was @71mg/dl. 30mins later it was @67mg/dl. 25mins later (right after workout) it was @78mg/dl.

i didnt feel bad, but i sometimes had some down episodes during the workout.
Do you think the blood sugar could be too low?
i hope this question isnt too dumb, if it is then sorry..
thanks a lot!
I would say you are riding the line on being on the low side , you would probably feel better during training if you kept the BG in the mid 80’s at least. I definitely feel like I can train harder when I’m in the normal or just above normal range (upper 80’s)
You could simply add 10g carbs per session and check it till it reaches a good level

hey Gunsmith,

thanks for your suggestion and information.
I will do that tomorrow, measure again and keep you updated

People forget insulin is different for everyone depending on insulin sensitivity

some may need more or less iu don’t always go by carb intake in iu dosage

And what do you mean ideal blood sugar ideal is always 4-6mmol none diabetic before meals and 6-7mmol after meals 2 hours later

I do not understand the point of lowering the carbs per iu. What is the purpose of this

not getting fat and still shuttle nutrients in the muscle.(creatine, carnitine, glutamine, eaas, leucine, etc..)
Most of the "hobby bodybuilders" who think they need 250g carbs in their shake end up getting fat. (and ive seen some stupid recommendations like 3 shakes with 80g carbs per shake for 10-15iu which is absolutely stupid).
then they blame the insulin "does nothing for me but makes me fat"

and thanks Darren, but thats not what was asked.

I guess it doesnt make sense to me because my postworkout carbs are a large part of my carbs for the day

more to your point though, ive never felt like exogenous insulin preworkout benefited me at all, could never seem to keep enough carbs in me, just felt like shit the whole time. For actually gaining mass postworkout has served me much better.

not doing it long enough to make a judgement which protocol is better.
ive started pre workout since ive read many posts from guys with huge knowledge who advice it this way.
yeah, carbs are also a huge part of my post workout window, but if you take your slin pre workout you need some liquid carbs and i try
to keep those lower since i have a huge appetite and dont want to get too fat in my off season

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131