advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bloodwork and insurance - how much is covered?

TODouble2

Registered
i want to stay on top of my bloodwork like many do here. just wondering how many times a year do you guys get bloods done? how much is covered? i would assume you can't get it done several times a year unless there are real health issues but i could be wrong. isn't it very expensive to get full bloodwork done without insurance covering it?

just want to hear some thoughts on how some of you go about getting the most out of whats available to you.

No one can give you a blanket answer as it will surely depend on your program and a myriad of details inside it like deductible et al. If you can establish a medical need for the more frequent than average monitoring it is most likely to be covered. Things like elevated cholesterol or hematocrit might do the trick. A lot of insurance covers 80% once you satisfy the deductible which will vary greatly.
Best move is probably to call the number on your insurance card rather than asking us here ;)
On a serious note though just looking at my last bill my lipid panel was $79.50, collection venous blood, venipunct was $22.71 and Metabolic Panel, comprehensive was $66.09. So yeah that could be like $170 without insurance. Yikes that is up there, guess I never notice it since my patient responsibility was less than $30. But definitely talk to your insurance and even the doctors office believe it or not for semi-legitimate reasons they will often try and work with you.

No one can give you a blanket answer as it will surely depend on your program and a myriad of details inside it like deductible et al. If you can establish a medical need for the more frequent than average monitoring it is most likely to be covered. Things like elevated cholesterol or hematocrit might do the trick. A lot of insurance covers 80% once you satisfy the deductible which will vary greatly.
Best move is probably to call the number on your insurance card rather than asking us here ;)
On a serious note though just looking at my last bill my lipid panel was $79.50, collection venous blood, venipunct was $22.71 and Metabolic Panel, comprehensive was $66.09. So yeah that could be like $170 without insurance. Yikes that is up there, guess I never notice it since my patient responsibility was less than $30. But definitely talk to your insurance and even the doctors office believe it or not for semi-legitimate reasons they will often try and work with you.

i'll check with the company and talk to my doc soon. i'm due for bloods anyway. just curious how many times a year some of you guys get it done and how much do you get away with via insurance.

As a rule 4 my ins. it is if my dr. say i need it than it covered there is no explination or whys he needs that cuz of patiant dr. conf. I am up front with my dr. and told him I am going to be starting a aas and hgh cycle may 1 and said i wanted a base line and than 1 month in another. and for him to review both at june 1 or so. my ins. covers 100% blood test if ordered by Dr.

My father and I have the same insurance from our employer. He mentioned to me recently that he went in and had over 1k "worth" of bloodwork done, his out of pocket was like 50 bucks or less.

A few years ago I had a 40k medical bill, my out of pocket was less thnn a grand. So it all depends on how good your insurance is. My carrier will take all the bills they receive, negotiate the shit out of them then pay something like 80 percent. They negotiate things down so much that its crazy though, 2000 scans down to 50 bucks, somethings get removed all together. Makes me sad for people who dont have insurance.

My father and I have the same insurance from our employer. He mentioned to me recently that he went in and had over 1k "worth" of bloodwork done, his out of pocket was like 50 bucks or less.

A few years ago I had a 40k medical bill, my out of pocket was less thnn a grand. So it all depends on how good your insurance is. My carrier will take all the bills they receive, negotiate the shit out of them then pay something like 80 percent. They negotiate things down so much that its crazy though, 2000 scans down to 50 bucks, somethings get removed all together. Makes me sad for people who dont have insurance.

Yeah, they write off a lot. I just had $1200 worth of blood work done and I ended up paying $93. My copay is 20% after I hit my $2500 deductable for the family. A lot of plans like mine dont pay jack shit until you first spend $2500 out of pocket and then it starts paying 80% of the NEGOTIATED price. You have to research your plan and see how it works. If you do the math, my insurance wrote off $735 of the total $1200 charged. Lots gets written off. When I had my heart attack and got my defib, 2 seperate trips to the ER and hospital, the first trip charged $130,000 and the 2nd one $110,000 or so. Each one of those trips the hospital was only paid about 65% of the bill.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear