over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bloodwork Critique - WBC

jpkoepse

Registered
First thread so hope this is done correctly...

So I have WBC in Urine again.. and it's shown in every test the past year and a half.. no symptoms of any infection. Kidney function looks normal. Little to no bacteria seen... any ideas? I've been trying to stay away from antibiotics as much as possible but is that the answer?

History: Bodybuilder... started a cruise a month ago so cholesterol etc is on the up and up... and had a ridiculous leg day prior to bloodwork so I am hoping the explains some of the elevated tests (CK, LDH, possibly liver enzymes)

Any useful input appreciated...

Attachments

• Bloodwork1.JPG
    Bloodwork1.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 67
  • bloodwork2.JPG
    bloodwork2.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 69
I would do a 24 hour piss test and look into getting a ultra sound done by a doctor on the kidneys and liver.

I would do a 24 hour piss test and look into getting a ultra sound done by a doctor on the kidneys and liver.

Why? I see nothing too concerning about the liver and kidney numbers. He did a heavy leg workout and also probably carries above average muscle mass and eats a high protein diet. It's pretty common to see elevated liver enzymes after a heavy workout (althOuch this doesn't happen to everyone).

Someone else would have to comment on the WBCs in urine though.

Why? I see nothing too concerning about the liver and kidney numbers. He did a heavy leg workout and also probably carries above average muscle mass and eats a high protein diet. It's pretty common to see elevated liver enzymes after a heavy workout (althOuch this doesn't happen to everyone).

Someone else would have to comment on the WBCs in urine though.

Because its hard to tell with just one test at one exactly time whats going on. Theres many reasons..kidney stones or a infection in the kidneys or more maybe hes pissing blood at other times of the day or possible a injury or a cyst on the liver.He said this isn't his first time with this problem he's a young guy rather play it safe then sorry after more then one test like that

Thanks for the feedback. Might suck it up and head to doctor with these results and let him take it from there I guess...

When I was on dyi trt my liver enzymes would be moderately elevated. Once I went to a Dr and got an rx for the t my enzymes came back to the low end of the range. I speculate that the impurities from my non pharma grade T was the culprit. Just a possibility to keep in mind. Also I would keep an eye out on your glucose level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Also what is your blood pressure? High blood pressure could correlate to kidney issues aswell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Thanks! Blood sugar and pressure are all in range and normal. And egfr vales which I believe indicate kidney function are good too so not sure

Are you taking a lot of Vitamin C, and or had you had sex say within 24 hours of your lab's? It also appears you may have worked out a day or so before your lab's?

Several, several things can give "false-positives" on urinary and blood markers.

I generally try to refrain from working out at a minimum of 3 days prior to certain lab's I know I'm having drawn.

I would like to believe some of these markers are benign and insignificant, and more so related to exercise, diet, hydration status and possibly supplements. Are you on and Rx'd medication(s)?

Given that, you may wanna try and boost your Vitamin D levels up a tad.

Are you taking a lot of Vitamin C, and or had you had sex say within 24 hours of your lab's? It also appears you may have worked out a day or so before your lab's?

Several, several things can give "false-positives" on urinary and blood markers.

I generally try to refrain from working out at a minimum of 3 days prior to certain lab's I know I'm having drawn.

I would like to believe some of these markers are benign and insignificant, and more so related to exercise, diet, hydration status and possibly supplements. Are you on and Rx'd medication(s)?

Given that, you may wanna try and boost your Vitamin D levels up a tad.

The answer is YES to both of your questions... I wasn't aware that could throw false positives. Are you thinking that was related to the WBC?

No prescription medicine.. I was quite dehydrated as the test was in the early morning and I didn't drink much if any water prior.. and yes I had a very intense training session the day before.

Also, I have been taking 5000 iu D3 daily.. interesting to see I'm still at bottom of normal.. Makes me realize how deficient some people must be who don't supplement with D3 at all....

The answer is YES to both of your questions... I wasn't aware that could throw false positives. Are you thinking that was related to the WBC?

No prescription medicine.. I was quite dehydrated as the test was in the early morning and I didn't drink much if any water prior.. and yes I had a very intense training session the day before.

Also, I have been taking 5000 iu D3 daily.. interesting to see I'm still at bottom of normal.. Makes me realize how deficient some people must be who don't supplement with D3 at all....
If you really want answers don't train for a week before your labs. No point doing labs then looking for excuses why certain things are elevated. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Professional Muscle mobile app

If you really want answers don't train for a week before your labs. No point doing labs then looking for excuses why certain things are elevated. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Professional Muscle mobile app

^^This. Plus, i had a pre-op physical 3 months ago for a rotator cuff surgery, and had the same issue. My urologist told me I always had a history of blood cells in my urine (RBCs and WBCs), and they generally expect bodybuilders and powerlifters to have high amounts of blood cells and protein in their urine, so it's wasn't a surprise to them.

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic